Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Robertson Blames FormerKyWrestler and His "Ilk" For Shooting

Featured Replies

Which of course makes him Billy freaking Graham, scumbag.

 

I've discussed at length my issues with the Southern Baptist sect. We'll just leave it at that as an explanation for my feelings toward Graham and other TV bible-tossers.

 

Sorry for running the thread off-topic.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting that you should mention that.

 

I do a lot of "picking" at local auctions, yard sales, etc. for items to eBay. A couple of months ago I bought a box of religious books and pamphlets that came out of a storage bin. They ranged from the relatively mainstream (Oral Roberts, Jimmy Swaggart) to the utterly fantastic (Neal Frisby and his "revelation scrolls", Franklin Hall and his "Atomic Power with God through fasting"; and some that were even farther "out there".

 

I noticed while leafing through them that many were asking for money. Oral Roberts was always soliciting "your everlasting seed of faith"; while Jimmy Swaggart was hawking cassettes. Many of the others had order forms for other publications.

 

I wondered as I leafed through these (I still have a bunch of them if you would like a few hours' entertainment sometime) about the lady who previously owned them. Was she a shut-in? Did she sit in front of her television set and fall prey to these characters? Was she an active churchgoer? Did she donate to a local church?

 

Anyway, I digress. Along Getslow and Rockmom's lines of thought, I always just assumed that true atheists couldn't hate something they didn't believe existed.

 

The bolded would be my guess.

Pat Robertson Blames Atheists And Those Who Hate God For Wisconsin Temple Shooting

 

On the morning after the tragedy in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, The 700 Club's Pat Robertson placed the blame for the shooting at the Sikh Temple on atheists and those who "hate God."

 

"...people who are atheists, they hate God, they hate the expression of God, and they are angry at the world, angry with themselves, angry with society and they take it out on innocent people who are worshipping God..."

 

Before anyone gets wadded up FKW has stated publicly that he is an atheist plus I know he has thick skin.

 

:lol: :lol:

 

I've even exposed. Damn that Pat Robertson!

How can FKYW sleep at night?

 

Generally on my side, pillow between my legs, large dog at my feet, and preferably a gorgeous gal beside me. But let me tell you, every since Pat Robertson and his evil minion Clizzy exposed me it's been difficult --- I've had to resort to single barrel bourbon...:D

 

He doesn't count sheep, he just says the lords name in vain, apparently it's really soothing for atheists.

 

It's hard to count the sheep when I use them for ritual pagan sacrifices. :D

Another serious question; based on a quote in Post #1.

 

Do atheists hate God?

 

Can't hate someone who doesn't exist. But I often strongly dislike what people do in his name or what the belief in him brings out in some. Mr. Robertson being a prime example of said behavior.

 

It's tough to hate something if you don't believe it exists. If you'll permit me to rephrase the question, it's certainly an interesting discussion to talk about whether atheists hate the idea of God, because I think you then have people split into multiple camps.

 

Could you elaborate more on what you believe the idea of God is? I'd love to answer but to truthfully do so I need a little further explanation.

It's hard to count the sheep when I use them for ritual pagan sacrifices. :D

 

:lol:

The sad, and scary thing is, that people actually listen to people like Pat Robertson!

The sad, and scary thing is, that people actually listen to people like Pat Robertson!

 

Kind of like Rush and Hannity, a lot more listen to him than there are those willing to admit it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.