Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds vs Other Good Teams

Featured Replies

The Reds have feasted on the bad teams which has allowed them to gain the lead and stay on top while Votto is out.

 

I was wondering how they have fared against teams that might be in contention.

 

vs:

 

Washington 2-5

ATL 5-1

LA 1-2

Pitt 4-5

SF 4-3

STL 5-4

 

21 - 20 overall

 

Does it tell us anything about the ability of the Reds to a)win the division and b)advance?

I definitely feel like this team is better against the top teams than 2010. I never felt like that team had enough to advance. Pitching and defense are the strength of this team now. Better team overall for a playoff contender.

  • Author

I guess it would help see how those same teams have fared.

 

Washington 18-12

LAD 18-10

STL 14-19

ATL 15-17

Pitt 17-19

SF 13 - 17

 

I was surprised to learn that all teams have not played the others at least once.

I guess it would help see how those same teams have fared.

 

Washington 18-12

LAD 18-10

STL 14-19

ATL 15-17

Pitt 17-19

SF 13 - 17

 

I was surprised to learn that all teams have not played the others at least once.

 

I think you need to add the D'Backs and Yankees in there as well. The Reds are 2-2 against the D'Backs, 2-1 against the Yankees.

I think you need to add the D'Backs and Yankees in there as well. The Reds are 2-2 against the D'Backs, 2-1 against the Yankees.

 

1-2 vs. Detroit as well.

1-2 vs. Detroit as well.

 

Yes, and all 3 of those games were close. I believe the numbers show that the Reds are very evenly matched against all of the top teams. There isn't a team this year that I would fear facing in the playoffs. I couldn't say that in 2010.

  • Author

Which staff scares you the most as a Reds fan?

 

Let's assume for argument sake that the Nats do NOT shelve the big boy for the season as they are claiming.

 

I have to think it's them or the Dodgers (and I fully expect the Dodgers to still pick up a starter).

Which staff scares you the most as a Reds fan?

 

Let's assume for argument sake that the Nats do NOT shelve the big boy for the season as they are claiming.

 

I have to think it's them or the Dodgers (and I fully expect the Dodgers to still pick up a starter).

 

 

Definitely the Nationals for me. Other than Kershaw, what Dodger pitcher would worry you?

Which staff scares you the most as a Reds fan?

 

Let's assume for argument sake that the Nats do NOT shelve the big boy for the season as they are claiming.

 

I have to think it's them or the Dodgers (and I fully expect the Dodgers to still pick up a starter).

 

If Strasburg isn't shelved, I have to say Washington.

If they continue playing the way they have since the break along with having everyone healthy, I believe they will be very good. IMO, this year's team is much improved in comparison to 2010.

 

While it's known that they haven't played the best of teams lately, four sweeps since the break, 2/4 against the Diamondbacks, and 3/4 again against the Padres is good regardless of who the team is.

Yes, and all 3 of those games were close. I believe the numbers show that the Reds are very evenly matched against all of the top teams. There isn't a team this year that I would fear facing in the playoffs. I couldn't say that in 2010.

 

Agreed, the team that scared me in 2010 isn't even a concern this year.

Yes, and all 3 of those games were close. I believe the numbers show that the Reds are very evenly matched against all of the top teams. There isn't a team this year that I would fear facing in the playoffs. I couldn't say that in 2010.

 

No, no, no close games don't count. At least that is what I heard all year last year when the Bengals lost their close games against the better teams and won all the other types of games. It didn't matter that it was close against most of the good teams..:D

 

In all seriousness though I completely agree with you, and love any type of matchup the Reds will see this year if they end up making the playoffs. I think they very well can make a run at the whole thing this year.:thumb:

The Reds have feasted on the bad teams which has allowed them to gain the lead and stay on top while Votto is out.

 

I was wondering how they have fared against teams that might be in contention.

 

vs:

 

Washington 2-5

ATL 5-1

LA 1-2

Pitt 4-5

SF 4-3

STL 5-4

 

21 - 20 overall

Does it tell us anything about the ability of the Reds to a)win the division and b)advance?

 

If they play over .500 the rest of the year they will win the division.

Which staff scares you the most as a Reds fan?

 

Let's assume for argument sake that the Nats do NOT shelve the big boy for the season as they are claiming.

 

I have to think it's them or the Dodgers (and I fully expect the Dodgers to still pick up a starter).

 

For me, it's the Nats if Strasburg is still there, but also the Giants (Cain, Bumgarner, Vogelsong, & Lincecum).

The Giants staff for sure scares me the most. I really can't wait for the day the Phillies are eliminated too b/c they scare me even though it would take two miracles for them to make it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.