Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wedding Reception Music

Featured Replies

What songs do you really like to hear at wedding receptions? (Standards are fine, popular choices are expected, but b-sides and deep cuts are encouraged.) See if you can't fit in a slow-dance or two, if you're throwing in suggestions.

 

It's wedding season and all, and I've already been to 3 weddings this spring/summer, so since my buddies and I always end up having the discussion at wedding receptions, I figured I'd ask my BGP buddies.

  • Replies 91
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A wedding reception has to have at least one Frank Sinatra song IMO. It can be played during the dinner, but there has to be one!

My girlfriend brought up the idea the other day that if/when we get married, when we send out the invitations, on the RSVP card, for each guest to put down 2 sounds for the reception to be played. I thought it was a cool idea.

The Wedding Singer Soundtrack...:lol:

The Wedding Singer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

 

"Video Killed the Radio Star" (originally performed by The Buggles), performed by The Presidents of the United States of America

"Do You Really Want to Hurt Me", performed by Culture Club

"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic", performed by The Police

"How Soon Is Now?", performed by The Smiths

"Love My Way", performed by The Psychedelic Furs

"Hold Me Now", performed by Thompson Twins

"Everyday I Write the Book", performed by Elvis Costello

"White Wedding", performed by Billy Idol

"China Girl", performed by David Bowie

"Blue Monday", performed by New Order

"Pass the Dutchie", performed by Musical Youth

"Have You Written Anything Lately?"

"Somebody Kill Me", written by Adam Sandler and Tim Herlihy, performed by Adam Sandler

"Rapper's Delight" (medley), performed by Sugarhill Gang and Ellen Dow

 

The track listing of the second album is:

 

"Too Shy", performed by Kajagoogoo

"It's All I Can Do", performed by The Cars

"True", performed by Spandau Ballet

"Space Age Love Song", performed by A Flock of Seagulls

"Private Idaho", performed by The B-52's

"Money (That's What I Want)", performed by Flying Lizards

"You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)", performed by Dead or Alive

"Just Can't Get Enough", performed by Depeche Mode

"Love Stinks", performed by The J. Geils Band

"You Make My Dreams", performed by Hall & Oates

"Holiday", performed by Madonna

"Grow Old With You", written by Adam Sandler and Tim Herlihy, performed by Adam Sandler

 

Songs and renditions that appeared in the movie, but were not included in the soundtrack albums, were:

"Der Kommissar", performed by After the Fire

"99 Luftballons", performed by Nena

"Till There Was You", written by Meredith Willson, performed by Ellen Dow

"Don't Stop Believin'" (originally performed by Journey)

"Boys Don't Cry", performed by The Cure

"All Night Long (All Night)", performed by Lionel Richie

"That's All", written by Alan Brandt & Bob Haymes, performed by Adam Sandler

"Ladies' Night" (originally performed by Kool & the Gang), performed by Jon Lovitz

"Do You Believe in Love", performed by Huey Lewis and the News

"Jam on It", Newcleus

"Miami Vice Theme", performed by Jan Hammer

"Hungry Heart", performed by Bruce Springsteen

"The Goofball Brothers Show", written and performed by Sourcerer

"Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go", performed by Wham!

My feeling is that obscure songs that only Jim Shue , Adopted Admirial, CWB, and others might know are not for a wedding.

 

The key to a fun wedding is participation by the masses so you need songs that are "fun" and that will get people out of their chairs. So even though I'm always stunned that a DJ plays "Rocky Top" I'm cool with it because for whatever reason people like it.

 

Even though I'm aging I'm a youngster when it comes to music. Love to dance. Anything with a good beat even if it's corny is cool with me.

 

However, if you want to impress me as a DJ throw on some Lakeside "Fantastic Voyage."

I've been to 4 weddings in the past 6 months, we've always made sure that Asia "Heat of the Moment" is played.

My feeling is that obscure songs that only Jim Shue , Adopted Admirial, CWB, and others might know are not for a wedding.

 

The key to a fun wedding is participation by the masses so you need songs that are "fun" and that will get people out of their chairs. So even though I'm always stunned that a DJ plays "Rocky Top" I'm cool with it because for whatever reason people like it.

 

Even though I'm aging I'm a youngster when it comes to music. Love to dance. Anything with a good beat even if it's corny is cool with me.

 

However, if you want to impress me as a DJ throw on some Lakeside "Fantastic Voyage."

 

Come on Clyde,You can't throw me in there with those other guys.:lol:I might not be up to date with the current pop music trend,but I did some growing up in the mid to late 70s.

I can get down with some KC and The Sunshine Band(Get Down to Night),Wild Cherry(Play that Funky Music)The Commodores(Brick House/Easy)and even some Wings(Silly Love Songs).:D

Come on Clyde,You can't throw me in there with those other guys.:lol:I might not be up to date with the current pop music trend,but I did some growing up in the mid to late 70s.

I can get down with some KC and The Sunshine Band(Get Down to Night),Wild Cherry(Play that Funky Music)The Commodores(Brick House/Easy)and even some Wings(Silly Love Songs).:D

 

Don't misunderstand, my man. I'm saying the breadth of your music knowledge and tastes is much wider than the average person. That's a compliment.

 

You're speaking my language on KC and the Sunshine Band.

  • Author
My feeling is that obscure songs that only Jim Shue , Adopted Admirial, CWB, and others might know are not for a wedding.

 

The key to a fun wedding is participation by the masses so you need songs that are "fun" and that will get people out of their chairs. So even though I'm always stunned that a DJ plays "Rocky Top" I'm cool with it because for whatever reason people like it.

 

Even though I'm aging I'm a youngster when it comes to music. Love to dance. Anything with a good beat even if it's corny is cool with me.

 

However, if you want to impress me as a DJ throw on some Lakeside "Fantastic Voyage."

 

I think there are certainly some obscure songs that don't belong at a wedding reception - no doubt. I was at a hipster wedding two weekends ago that had a whole bunch of really obscure music, and a whole bunch of empty dance floor to go along with it. Still, I think there are certainly some not-so-well-tunes that folks can dance to...so long as it's appropriate as "dance music".

I think there are certainly some obscure songs that don't belong at a wedding reception - no doubt. I was at a hipster wedding two weekends ago that had a whole bunch of really obscure music, and a whole bunch of empty dance floor to go along with it. Still, I think there are certainly some not-so-well-tunes that folks can dance to...so long as it's appropriate as "dance music".

 

I will be listening to the Naked Karate Girls this weekend at a reception.

Don't misunderstand, my man. I'm saying the breadth of your music knowledge and tastes is much wider than the average person. That's a compliment.

 

You're speaking my language on KC and the Sunshine Band.

Thank You.:D:thumb:

I will be listening to the Naked Karate Girls this weekend at a reception.

 

They do a great job, should be a fun wedding.

Shout should be the clear cut winner here. Absolute must.

Here's a few:

 

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) - Journey

A Man Needs A Maid - Neil Young

A Quick One, While He's Away - The Who

I Hate Everything About You - Ugly Kid Joe

Another One Bites the Dust - Queen

50 Ways to Leave your Lover - Paul Simon

Run for Your Life - The Beatles

Love Stinks - J. Geils Band

Used to Love Her (But I Had to Kill Her) - Guns n' Roses

D-I-V-O-R-C-E - Tammy Wynette

 

:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.