Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wedding Reception Music

Featured Replies

Just burn these onto a couple three cd's, and you've got yourself a dance party.

 

Fast Dancin' Fare:

House Of Pain - Jump Around

Wreckx-N-Effect - Rump Shaker

(I know it isn't the original - but it's required.)

The Temptations - Ain't Too Proud To Beg

Big Pun - Still Not A Player

Tom Petty - American Girl

Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road (This gets sung by my crowd of buddies at every one of our weddings.)

Warren Zevon - Werewolves Of London

Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell

Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place

Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On

Sam Cooke - Wonderful World

John Lee Hooker - Boom Boom

Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Parts I & II)

Sam & Dave - Hold On I'm Coming

 

Let's Slow It Down A Notch Or Two:

(He wrote it, you Tim McGraw robots.)

Crazy – Willie or Patsy Cline

Sunday Kind Of Love – Etta James

Into The Mystic – Van Morrison

:thumb: :thumb:

 

Throw in "Wagon Wheel" by OCMS and you're hired.

  • Replies 91
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:thumb: :thumb:

 

Throw in "Wagon Wheel" by OCMS and you're hired.

 

Not a great dance song but it is a great sing-along song.

 

Not a great dance song but it is a great sing-along song.

 

Every wedding needs a couple of sing-alongs.

I'm on the road to Lake Michigan right now for a wedding I'm in this weekend. My driver is actually in charge of the music between the live (bluegrass!!!) band that's playing at the reception. Some of these songs will make their way onto the list.

We had a great band at our Wedding reception called the Mysticon ,played great tunes but that was 38 years ago .

The wedding I was in two weeks ago had a live band and it was a BLAST. Top 3 wedding I've been to (I've been in A LOT).

"Bless The Broken Road" - Rascal Flatts

The wedding I was in two weeks ago had a live band and it was a BLAST. Top 3 wedding I've been to (I've been in A LOT).

 

A band is risky but if you get a really good band that knows how to get the crowd going it's the best!

I'm on the road to Lake Michigan right now for a wedding I'm in this weekend. My driver is actually in charge of the music between the live (bluegrass!!!) band that's playing at the reception. Some of these songs will make their way onto the list.

 

You're saying the band is a bluegrass band?

  • Author
You're saying the band is a bluegrass band?

 

I would really REALLY like to hear a bluegrass band's rendition of Big Pun's Still Not A Player.

I would really REALLY like to hear a bluegrass band's rendition of Big Pun's Still Not A Player.

 

Here's a must:

 

!

Good Hearted Woman - Waylon Jennings

 

This was played as my wife and I walked down the aisle after we said I do :lol:

David Allen Coe

 

"You Never Even Called Me By My Name" would be a great sing-along late in the evening.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.