Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wedding Reception Music

Featured Replies

  • Replies 91
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

A band is risky but if you get a really good band that knows how to get the crowd going it's the best!

 

It is. But I've seen this one roughly 50 times. I knew when I recommended them they'd get the party moving. I'm still hearing compliments.

"Bless The Broken Road" - Rascal Flatts

 

That usually lets me know I'm in the wrong reception hall. :cool:

 

I would really REALLY like to hear a bluegrass band's rendition of Big Pun's Still Not A Player.

 

Haha. You should NOT have planted the seed in my head....

Totally off-subject but we are listening to a playlist the driver made for the ride up. V-Roy's just popped up, Jim should be proud. I immediately introduced this guy (JW) to them after we all came back from the show.

Yep. Pretty excited for it.

 

I cant imagine getting my twerk going to a bluegrass band.

 

I cant imagine getting my twerk going to a bluegrass band.

 

It's going to take a bit for me to fully process Clizzy saying "twerk"...

In our contract with the DJ for my daughter wedding, I added to the contract (I honestly did) that if he played Rocky Top, he was not getting paid!

 

He did not play Rock Top.:D

That's banned at all UK fans weddings.

 

:D Well, they've got THAT going for them.

"You Never Even Called Me By My Name" would be a great sing-along late in the evening.

 

About the time everybody has had too much sweet tea. :D

  • Author

Went to a wedding last night and requested Etta James' "A Sunday Kind Of Love". Almost every couple at the reception was up slow dancing to that one.

Went to a wedding last night and requested Etta James' "A Sunday Kind Of Love". Almost every couple at the reception was up slow dancing to that one.

 

My cousin's wedding today did feature "At Last," but, fortunately, did not feature "Rocky Top," or, at least, while I was there. It also, while I was there, unfortunately, did not feature the Chicken Dance, which I found disappointing. How can you have a wedding involving German folks on the bride and groom side and not have the Chicken Dance?

I tend to dislike DJs at weddings because I have been to far too many weddings where the DJs turned it into their own show and took the focus away from the bride and groom. I am glad we had a 10 piece band at mine.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.