April 30, 201214 yr Author That's why they're losers and I'm glad they got out when they did. Go into PR if you want to rally behind a cause. Just don't call yourselves journalists. You are big and bad calling a bunch of high school kids losers. I'm glad they got up and left too so they didnt have to listen to the filth journalist put out, I hope they go pick a good journalist to listen too, one not like that biased joek of a journalist. To be a good journalist you have to be biased.
April 30, 201214 yr You are big and bad calling a bunch of high school kids losers. I'm glad they got up and left too so they didnt have to listen to the filth journalist put out, I hope they go pick a good journalist to listen too, one not like that biased joek of a journalist. To be a good journalist you have to be biased. Is calling the people who attended a JOURNALISTIC conference and left "losers," worse than denouncing their future employment as a profession of "filth?" I'm not really sure.
April 30, 201214 yr At a minimum, he didn't help his platform with his delivery. Not every speaker is far above moron level. People pay to listen to Rush (see my point)
April 30, 201214 yr Author Is calling the people who attended a JOURNALISTIC conference and left "losers," worse than denouncing their future employment as a profession of "filth?" I'm not really sure. Meant to say he was the filth journalist, not all journalist are like that. Misspelled Joke also, sorry. But he is also a joke of a journalist who is filth. Sorry for the confusion.
April 30, 201214 yr See, I don't get the whole "I'm offended over name-calling" thing. Really? Honestly? Are you people that fragile? Jesus. Maybe if you'd grown up with a name that was a euphemism for penis you'd be able to handle it better, I guess. Name-calling is very low on my scale of things to be outraged over. So you have no problem with an anti- bullying guy who is supposed to be speaking about anti-bullying issues labeling teenagers in the way that he did? It seems to me that the thicker skin needs to be developed by the adult Mr. Savage & not the high school students he attempted to degrade.
April 30, 201214 yr Video of the speech Dan Savage Addresses Journalist Conference Speech Controversy, Denies Attacking Christianity - The Huffington Post
April 30, 201214 yr Author ^ Good of him to apologize for the name-calling. Nice apology, but too late, already ruined it for some.
May 1, 201214 yr Nice apology, but too late, already ruined it for some. Nah...people that liked Dan Savage before this incident will still like him regardless. People that didn't like him will continue to not like him. Dan Savage isn't a middle of the road kind of guy. You either like him or you don't. He's not close to Bill Maher for nothing.
May 1, 201214 yr You are big and bad calling a bunch of high school kids losers. I'm glad they got up and left too so they didnt have to listen to the filth journalist put out, I hope they go pick a good journalist to listen too, one not like that biased joek of a journalist. To be a good journalist you have to be biased. It is quite clear you know very little about what it takes to be a journalist, especially if you're continuing to make the mistake of calling Savage a journalist. Suffice to say, if those kids were too thin-skinned to the point they couldn't handle listening to something they disagree with, that they would walk out, then they don't need to be in the journalism profession.
May 1, 201214 yr So you have no problem with an anti- bullying guy who is supposed to be speaking about anti-bullying issues labeling teenagers in the way that he did? It seems to me that the thicker skin needs to be developed by the adult Mr. Savage & not the high school students he attempted to degrade. If you're looking for some kind of defense of Savage, you're not going to find it here. I'm no fan and certainly don't consider him a journalist. My point, however, still stands. If those kids -- would-be journalists -- can't handle having their views challenged, they need to find another profession.
May 1, 201214 yr Nah...people that liked Dan Savage before this incident will still like him regardless. People that didn't like him will continue to not like him. Dan Savage isn't a middle of the road kind of guy. You either like him or you don't. He's not close to Bill Maher for nothing. I'd say you're exactly right on that.
May 1, 201214 yr If you're looking for some kind of defense of Savage, you're not going to find it here. I'm no fan and certainly don't consider him a journalist. My point, however, still stands. If those kids -- would-be journalists -- can't handle having their views challenged, they need to find another profession. Bull Crap! You have a captive audience of KIDS! They were there to hear a speach on Bullying, and got a prime example of bullying by the speaker! He belittled Christians and the Holy Bible. I gaurantee you that a whole bunch of liberals would be ballistic if a conservative had gone in there and slammed Islam, or the Koran.
May 1, 201214 yr Bull Crap! You have a captive audience of KIDS! They were there to hear a speach on Bullying, and got a prime example of bullying by the speaker! He belittled Christians and the Holy Bible. I gaurantee you that a whole bunch of liberals would be ballistic if a conservative had gone in there and slammed Islam, or the Koran. Immaterial. All that concerns me is that if those kids can't handle their views being challenged, they need to find another profession.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.