Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

30,000 drones over America

Featured Replies

HR 658, the FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act

 

Passed by both houses this past February. Is this infringing on our individual privacy? How do you feel about the government monitoring everything?

 

Link: NPR.org

 

Where has the media been? I haven't watched/read anything regarding this topic. I would think this is an issue up for debate.

This would really concern me if they allow media to use this. People put up walls and fences for a reason. If the media is able to fly a plane over the yard of someone, it would have to violate their expectation of privacy. If it isn't a matter of public concern, such as police flying over to search for marijuana plants or other illegal activity, then they should not have a right to do it. I still can't believe that you don't need a search warrant to fly over someone's closed-in yard, not open field, but yard.

I have mixed feelings, on one hand I have nothing to hide so fly away, on the other hand it is a slippery slope.

It's bad news all around. Private groups shouldn't be able to spy on people, effectively. The government's doing this is an abridgment of liberty. There might be a handful of cases where this is pragmatic (the border, maybe) but I'm certain nearly every other justification of it will be for the War on Drugs. It's going to be this country's undoing.

I'm sure they already do this without us knowing about it.

I'm sure they already do this without us knowing about it.

 

Agreed... Privacy is just a myth anymore. I feel it's been that way for awhile now.

Agreed... Privacy is just a myth anymore. I feel it's been that way for awhile now.

 

Sadly, I feel that way more and more.

I'm sure they already do this without us knowing about it.

 

Agreed... Privacy is just a myth anymore. I feel it's been that way for awhile now.

 

Sadly, I feel that way more and more.

 

Ever since Enemy of the State with Will Smith and Gene Hackman I've never really thought of any thing I do as being private any more, just depends on whether or not any one is interested in what I'm doing.

Agreed... Privacy is just a myth anymore. I feel it's been that way for awhile now.

 

Then I wonder if they've seen me when I........nevermind.

  • Author
The EPA is using drones to spy on cattle ranchers in Nebraska and Iowa in order to make sure that farmers dispose of waste properly.

 

Supreme Court says that as long as the EPA is using the drones for an administrative purpose, it doesn’t need a warrant in order to do this.

 

Uh Oh

 

 

Good call on their part, they're making sure the ranchers aren't contaminating the soil and water ways in those areas. Makes sense to me.

  • Author
Good call on their part, they're making sure the ranchers aren't contaminating the soil and water ways in those areas. Makes sense to me.

 

Are you that naive?

Seriously....

We started down this road years ago with the govt monitoring calls and emails in the name of national security. Once you say "if it keeps us safer" it opens up a lot of doors.

We started down this road years ago with the govt monitoring calls and emails in the name of national security. Once you say "if it keeps us safer" it opens up a lot of doors.

 

The monitoring under the Patriot Act was not so 'intrusive'.

 

Patriot Act Wiretap Powers Outlined

 

They still had/have to get warrents but can follow to other lines without going back to court if a suspect switches number. According to the above it was used 41 times over 4 years. Around 10 times a year.

 

The debate over the Patriot Act is appropriate. It is interesting here that the subject of domestic drones has not been in the media. So there has been little debate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.