Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Cal and the National Championship Trophy Tour

Featured Replies

My dad lived in Winchester for 7-8 years of my life while I resided in NKY, I know the route. As for your assumptions as to where I live, well you are wrong, while Florence is just out side the I-275 loop I'm actually further south and closer to Frankfort. Try Wynola Drive Independence, KY and show me the route I should be taking with a quicker eta than what I've already said. I don't expect you to respond because it doesn't exist chief. That's why I called it poor planning. I would have been one of those poor folk trucking it in to the City to see the trophy on horrible roads I suppose. :idunno:

 

Go to Florence, then take 127 south.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
National Champion, DARIUS MILLER will be at Barleycorn's Cold Spring Tuesday, April 17 at 7:00 pm!!!! GET OVER HERE!!!!!

 

My company has our annual post busy season party scheduled that night there...We have a portion reserved, so I don't have to worry about fighting the crowd for a seat. :D $20 a pop though is a bit steep.

Go to Florence, then take 127 south.

 

You're saying that takes less than an hour? Maybe if you're on the road by yourself with no other traffic and you're flying.

You're saying that takes less than an hour? Maybe if you're on the road by yourself with no other traffic and you're flying.

 

Stop being such a stuck up Nortern Kentuckian looking down your nose at poor ole Jim Schue and the rest of the poor folks of the state MJ! :lol:

20-25 minutes to Owenton, another 20-25 to Frankfort.

 

You must drive very fast to drive those roads and get there that quick.

You're saying that takes less than an hour? Maybe if you're on the road by yourself with no other traffic and you're flying.

 

I didn't say it takes less than an hour, but it shouldn't take much more than an hour.

You must drive very fast to drive those roads and get there that quick.

 

My car handles very well, and I drive the backroads all the time. Besides, 127 from Owenton to Frankfort is a good road you could easily average 70mph on.

I think for those time commitments, they are compensated very well. So I hate hearing that.

 

How many 80-100 hour weeks have you worked in your life?

I know most people think coaching at Uk would be a dream job... However there are very few who can fathom the pressure involved with the job... Add that to the time commitment and we as fans are truly blessed to have a coach who goes out of his way to include the fans in the ride.

There you go again. No! They should go in all part of the state! That would be the best thing to do, and why add to an already large crowd? As was stated before, "population base", as well as show some love for Miller and his home county. Why Louisville then?

 

I am just making a comment on how I think it should have been arranged.

 

I have NEVER been one to only consider Boone, Kenton and Campbell as the only NKY counties, but you make it very easy to say the heck with the rest of the state and the attitude of "we have to drive longer" garbage. :p:cool:

 

 

Agreed, when I made my original comment it included my disappointment in them not going to Maysville, I think it's a necessity to be honest; first time ever. As for my mention of NKY I only went that route because Jim seems to think NKY only exists within an I-275 bubble apparently.

Go to Florence, then take 127 south.

 

 

So drive 15-20 minutes the other direction then head south, ha ok Jim, guess that's why you're a writer and not a navigator.

I didn't say it takes less than an hour, but it shouldn't take much more than an hour.

 

 

Actually

The problem with your logic is that at the other stops on the tour, people are coming from a much larger area than just that county. For example, at the Pikeville stop there will be people coming from dozens of counties nearby Pike County, many of them driving an hour and a half or more, generally on terrible roads. Same goes for Ashland, Owensboro, E'town and Paducah. If you're a fan in Bowling Green, you'll have to drive at least an hour or more to Owensboro. If you're a fan in Somerset, you're going to have to drive at least an hour and a half to Frankfort or Hazard, if not longer.

 

And if you live outside the I-275 loop and it takes you 1:20 to get to Frankfort, you're driving way too slow, or taking a very indirect route. Shouldn't take much more than an hour.

UK fans are well-known for the lengths they will go in support of their team. I guess that doesn't apply to those in the northern Kentucky area. Rest assured, if you aren't willing to make the sacrifice, you won't be missed as those sites figure to be crawling with people who've driven more than an hour to rub shoulders with Cal and see the trophy.

 

 

 

But whatever you say Jim, you've lost this one.

My car handles very well, and I drive the backroads all the time. Besides, 127 from Owenton to Frankfort is a good road you could easily average 70mph on.

 

 

I guess you could if you think breaking the law is fun.

Jim, does that mean I have to travel out of my comfort zone ( the 275 loop ) to give you these records I had for you for over a year? :)

Sad part Coach Cal asked kids in Frankfort to lie to the teachers for missing school He told them to tell the school the Governor Called them to a meeting......................LOL thought that was funny.

The whole "Cincinnati looks down on NKY" thing is amusing. Cincy is such a provincial little town with its pigs and hot dog sauce.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.