Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Cal and the National Championship Trophy Tour

Featured Replies

Frankfort is north of I-64, and a pretty short drive from NoKy. It might do some of the NoKy folks some good to get outside of the I-275 loop for a change and see what the rest of Kentucky looks like.

 

This post makes no sense at all. Most people from NKY venture to the southern parts of the state frequently.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This post makes no sense at all. Most people from NKY venture to the southern parts of the state frequently.

 

 

Can you please post your findings on this study? When you did the study did you factor in all age groups, or just a certain age range? I can't wait to see your work.

Can you please post your findings on this study? When you did the study did you factor in all age groups, or just a certain age range? I can't wait to see your work.

 

As soon as Jim posts his data to back up his claim, I'll post mine. :D

 

BTW, cool username.

Frankfort is north of I-64, and a pretty short drive from NoKy. It might do some of the NoKy folks some good to get outside of the I-275 loop for a change and see what the rest of Kentucky looks like.

 

NoKY is basically Cincinnati we aren't associated with the rest of KY no reason for us to travel south other than vacations, Keeneland, and UK games.

There isn't any cost or anything to have a picture taken with Calipari and the trophy, is there? A friend of mine is planning to go and asked me about it. I told her I didn't think so, but you never know with events such as these.

NoKY is basically Cincinnati we aren't associated with the rest of KY no reason for us to travel south other than vacations, Keeneland, and UK games.

 

:lol: And people think Louisvillians are bad. :D

As soon as Jim posts his data to back up his claim, I'll post mine. :D

 

BTW, cool username.

 

I've lived more than half my life in NoKy, probably as long as you've been alive, chief. That's my data. Want more? See below.

 

NoKY is basically Cincinnati we aren't associated with the rest of KY no reason for us to travel south other than vacations, Keeneland, and UK games.

 

And that's too bad, considering how much Cincinnatians love to look down their noses at you guys much the same way you like to look down your noses at the rest of Kentucky. In many ways, I've found folks in NoKy to be nearly as insular as folks in Eastern Ky, if not more so.

There isn't any cost or anything to have a picture taken with Calipari and the trophy, is there? A friend of mine is planning to go and asked me about it. I told her I didn't think so, but you never know with events such as these.

 

I'd be shocked if it cost anything.

I've lived more than half my life in NoKy, probably as long as you've been alive, chief. That's my data. Want more? See below.

 

 

 

And that's too bad, considering how much Cincinnatians love to look down their noses at you guys much the same way you like to look down your noses at the rest of Kentucky. In many ways, I've found folks in NoKy to be nearly as insular as folks in Eastern Ky, if not more so.

 

Slow down cowboy I was kidding. I'm not from Ft. Thomas. :D You say people in Cincinnati look down on "us" like it's an insult. I will gladly stay where I am across the river.

There isn't any cost or anything to have a picture taken with Calipari and the trophy, is there? A friend of mine is planning to go and asked me about it. I told her I didn't think so, but you never know with events such as these.

 

No cost.

I'd be shocked if it cost anything.

 

No cost.

 

I didn't think so, but again, you never know. Thanks!

  • Author

For those of you Northern Ky folks crying that the trophy didn't make a trip up your way, I hear that the trophy will be making an appearance during Coach Cal's camp up that way later in the year.

For those of you Northern Ky folks crying that the trophy didn't make a trip up your way, I hear that the trophy will be making an appearance during Coach Cal's camp up that way later in the year.

 

They did that last year with the Final Four trophy. Dates are June 12 at Ryle HS and Campbell Co. MS.

Frankfort is north of I-64, and a pretty short drive from NoKy. It might do some of the NoKy folks some good to get outside of the I-275 loop for a change and see what the rest of Kentucky looks like.

 

I don't live inside the I-275 loop and Frankfort is still an hour and 20 minutes away while NKY's three counties within the I-275 loop account for roughly 8.5% of the states population. I would think they would want to get to as many fans as possible, it's not like they'd have to make a stop in all 3 counties because you can get to any city within those 3 counties in about 15-20 minutes. If you subtract Jefferson Co population from the list of stops, the remaining counties population for the cities they're making stops in have a cumulative population of roughly 455,000 people. If you make ONE stop in NKY the general population of those 3 counties is 360,000. Listen I know logistics is supposed to be Dukes thing but I just think that's some pretty poor planning.

I don't live inside the I-275 loop and Frankfort is still an hour and 20 minutes away while NKY's three counties within the I-275 loop account for roughly 8.5% of the states population. I would think they would want to get to as many fans as possible, it's not like they'd have to make a stop in all 3 counties because you can get to any city within those 3 counties in about 15-20 minutes. If you subtract Jefferson Co population from the list of stops, the remaining counties population for the cities they're making stops in have a cumulative population of roughly 455,000 people. If you make ONE stop in NKY the general population of those 3 counties is 360,000. Listen I know logistics is supposed to be Dukes thing but I just think that's some pretty poor planning.

 

The problem with your logic is that at the other stops on the tour, people are coming from a much larger area than just that county. For example, at the Pikeville stop there will be people coming from dozens of counties nearby Pike County, many of them driving an hour and a half or more, generally on terrible roads. Same goes for Ashland, Owensboro, E'town and Paducah. If you're a fan in Bowling Green, you'll have to drive at least an hour or more to Owensboro. If you're a fan in Somerset, you're going to have to drive at least an hour and a half to Frankfort or Hazard, if not longer.

 

And if you live outside the I-275 loop and it takes you 1:20 to get to Frankfort, you're driving way too slow, or taking a very indirect route. Shouldn't take much more than an hour.

 

UK fans are well-known for the lengths they will go in support of their team. I guess that doesn't apply to those in the northern Kentucky area. Rest assured, if you aren't willing to make the sacrifice, you won't be missed as those sites figure to be crawling with people who've driven more than an hour to rub shoulders with Cal and see the trophy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.