April 13, 201214 yr Author It's been a long time since Louisville win so I'm not sure. . But we likely wouldn't risk it. :lol: Where would they go? I can see maybe 10 people showing up in Ashland. :lol::lol:
April 13, 201214 yr Author I agree with others who said this was poor planning, and just 1 hour per stop? I would have hoped they would spend a few hours per stop, as well as a few more stops with one being in NKY around Florence and one in Maysville. Sure. Stay 5 or 6 hours. Visit the homes of at least 100 people in each city. Come on man. An hour is plenty of time at each stop. What are they going to do for a few hours in Ashland?
April 13, 201214 yr Where would they go? I can see maybe 10 people showing up in Ashland. :lol::lol:I laughed out loud picturing the UL victory train rolling through somewhere like Corbin.
April 13, 201214 yr Sure. Stay 5 or 6 hours. Visit the homes of at least 100 people in each city. Come on man. An hour is plenty of time at each stop. What are they going to do for a few hours in Ashland? They could watch you eat. I saw a great video of Cal today. When the bus was leaving Ashland there was a young man with Down's Syndrome hold a sign on the corner. Apparently the family had the time confused and thought it started at 1:00. The young man was visably upset. Cal has them stop the bus, gets off and has his picture made with this kid and the trophy. When he walked up to him, Cal said something along the lines of "I forgot one of our biggest fans". Very touching and selfless act on Cal's part. It's moments like that that separates him from other coaches. He didn't do it for publicity because there were only about 5 or 10 people there. I have the video but I have no idea how to post it. If anyone would like to see it just pm me your email address.
April 13, 201214 yr I laughed out loud picturing the UL victory train rolling through somewhere like Corbin. :lol: I envisioned a National Guard to protect the UL party and the 3 or 4 fans at each stop. :lol:
April 13, 201214 yr They could watch you eat. I saw a great video of Cal today. When the bus was leaving Ashland there was a young man with Down's Syndrome hold a sign on the corner. Apparently the family had the time confused and thought it started at 1:00. The young man was visably upset. Cal has them stop the bus, gets off and has his picture made with this kid and the trophy. When he walked up to him, Cal said something along the lines of "I forgot one of our biggest fans". Very touching and selfless act on Cal's part. It's moments like that that separates him from other coaches. He didn't do it for publicity because there were only about 5 or 10 people there. I have the video but I have no idea how to post it. If anyone would like to see it just pm me your email address. That is an awesome story. I do know other coaches make similar gestures though. But a really heartwarming story nonetheless.
April 13, 201214 yr That is an awesome story. I do know other coaches make similar gestures though. But a really heartwarming story nonetheless. I agree. I thought it was a great jesture to tour the state but so refreshing to see anyone, especially a celebrity, go out of their way to do something good.
April 13, 201214 yr My buddy just text me that Darius Miller was going to be signing autographs on Tuesday at the Barleycorn's in Cold Spring. Not sure of times or where he got his info.
April 13, 201214 yr It amazes me about all the griping that is going on because he is not coming closer to them or they are not staying longer.... What Cal and the coaches are doing is an awesom gesture. The fact that we have people complaining because they don't come close enough or stay long enough is senseless. The time committments they (coaches) make outside their families on a daily basis to give us fans the oppurtunity to watch the best of the best college basketball players and the effort it takes to coach them to a champioship status, and fans are complaining about driving 1.5 hours...unbelievable! I think for those time commitments, they are compensated very well. So I hate hearing that.
April 13, 201214 yr Drive. Like the folks in Graves County have to. Drive. Like the folks in Bowling Green have to. Drive. Llike the folks in Paintsville had to. Drive. Like the folks in Somerset had to. The world does not revolve around those three little counties up north.There you go again. No! They should go in all part of the state! That would be the best thing to do, and why add to an already large crowd? As was stated before, "population base", as well as show some love for Miller and his home county. Why Louisville then? I am just making a comment on how I think it should have been arranged. I have NEVER been one to only consider Boone, Kenton and Campbell as the only NKY counties, but you make it very easy to say the heck with the rest of the state and the attitude of "we have to drive longer" garbage.
April 13, 201214 yr Sure. Stay 5 or 6 hours. Visit the homes of at least 100 people in each city. Come on man. An hour is plenty of time at each stop. What are they going to do for a few hours in Ashland? For the record, I am not saying the coaches, I am talking about the trophy, people could get photos of themselves in front of the trophy. From the looks of it there were a lot of people in Pikeville, almost where anymore would have been too many. I had/have enough opportunities to talk to the coaching staff where I am sure I could get a photo with them and the trophy if I wanted, but I am thinking of other people, unlike some in this thread (not you though).
April 13, 201214 yr My buddy just text me that Darius Miller was going to be signing autographs on Tuesday at the Barleycorn's in Cold Spring. Not sure of times or where he got his info. National Champion, DARIUS MILLER will be at Barleycorn's Cold Spring Tuesday, April 17 at 7:00 pm!!!! GET OVER HERE!!!!!
April 13, 201214 yr Author I think for those time commitments, they are compensated very well. So I hate hearing that. Who is paying Coach Cal to do the bus tour?
April 13, 201214 yr Who is paying Coach Cal to do the bus tour? Judging from the stops on the bus tour, Ashland, Pikeville, and Hazard, I would imagine the coal industry had a lot to do with it.....
April 13, 201214 yr Jim it takes me almost an hour to get to the Capital in Frankfort and I am coming from Dry Ridge, which is even more south than sportsfan41, taking those non interstate quicker roads. 20-25 minutes to Owenton, another 20-25 to Frankfort.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.