Are there any un-written rules on how early you can crank your lawnmover?

theguru

I am not interested in any city ordinances or the like I am asking are there any un-written rules that say when is too early to start mowing your grass? In the past I always thought the rule was 10am!?

The reason I ask is because this morning at 845am a neighbor started moving their lawn.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not really fair though to the lawn crew companies that mow is it? These crews can't wait till 11 am to start mowing that's just silly.

Generally speaking they could do commercial accounts in the morning.

What time do you think is fair to start?

Sun up is fine with me. I owned a landscape company for years and understand that at some times sun up till you can't see in the dark anymore is very common.

Now, I think in your post you were referring to a neighbor doing this and not commercial company correct? Then I could see perhaps maybe 7:30 am or so.

If its an issue (like you work 3rd shift or a late second or something) you should have a discussion with your neighbor to let them know is all.

On a Sunday not until after 11am but on a Saturday 9am and that goes for the commercial guys as well as the neighbors.

Nobody likes being awaken at seven or eight on a Saturday or Sunday and it just plain being a good neighbor to not have it done so early in the morning.

On a Sunday not until after 11am but on a Saturday 9am and that goes for the commercial guys as well as the neighbors.

Nobody likes being awaken at seven or eight on a Saturday or Sunday and it just plain being a good neighbor to not have it done so early in the morning.

What about during the week tog?

I am a morning person...up by about 6am on Saturday's and Sundays, and it is so annoying to me that I have to wait to crank up my lawn equipment. As soon as the sun is up, I'm motivated and ready to go! I wait, to be nice to my neighbors. But usually, by the 9am-10am time frame, I've lost my motivation and wind up doing half as good a job as if I'd been able to "git 'er done" when I was ready. Sometimes, being nice really sucks. :irked:

There is a huge field behind our home next to a kennel, yeah thats right a dog kennel. They have a company that cuts twice a week until October and they cut (Little over weight dude) early on Saturday around 8. This gets the hounds a barking.

When we moved in the Sellers of the homes subdivision said the kennel would be closing down, in 2002. Monsour Builders, lied or false people. I never cut early due to the dew.

I am a morning person...up by about 6am on Saturday's and Sundays, and it is so annoying to me that I have to wait to crank up my lawn equipment. As soon as the sun is up, I'm motivated and ready to go! I wait, to be nice to my neighbors. But usually, by the 9am-10am time frame, I've lost my motivation and wind up doing half as good a job as if I'd been able to "git 'er done" when I was ready. Sometimes, being nice really sucks. :irked:
I thought you only posted during football season...:idunno: :lol: