Knott County Central 71 Boone County 54

Final from Rupp Arena.

The Patriots move on to the next round.

KCC jumped out in front 9-1 to start the game and never looked back.

Boone got as close as 3 to start the 2nd half but KCC went on a 7-0 run to stretch the lead back out.

Zack Davis looked great in the first half and is a big strong kid.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another disappointing trip to Rupp by the 9th region representative. Outside of Holmes 3 year run the 9th region champ has not represented the region very well in the last 10 years. Most of those years they have been one and done.

Another disappointing trip to Rupp by the 9th region representative. Outside of Holmes 3 year run the 9th region champ has not represented the region very well in the last 10 years. Most of those years they have been one and done.

The 9th region has not been as strong the last couple of years.

KCC Frosh Christon/Justice/Hall are all studs.

Hall- 12pts 8 rebounds

Christon- 19 pts

Justice- 11 pts all in 2nd half- leads team with 21pt avg

Unreal they have this much youth contributing.

Wow, that is impressive to have that many froshmen putting up numbers in a state tourney game. Are they really that good or did Boone lay an egg? Do these kids have size?

CovCath played on Saturday morning in 2004. Knott County Central shot 81% (13/16) the 2nd half. Not sure I've ever seen that.

^ A monster dunk is still worth only 2 points.biggrin.gif

Seriously; the site is very much 9th-region/NKY-driven. No surprise to hear it being played up.

Oh, I'm all too aware of it. That's why I like needling them about their group-think tendencies.

Sounds like basketball is over for the year, time to get ready for next season 9th Region!

Seriously Jim, 9th Region fans love great basketball, good luck to all of those who remain alive and I look forward to enjoying the next few rounds at Rupp! Wish I could be there. KCC played awesome today!

Knott Central looked very good. They could have trouble with a team that pressures them as their ball handling was a little shaky at times. And as good as they shot it from the field, they struggled at the line but I expect that to be better the next game. I'll be shocked if Knott doesn't win Friday night. I thought whoever won the Boone / Knott game would beat Oldham.

Key to the game was without a doubt Zach Davis scorching Boone the first quarter. A big key to Boone winning the region was they jumped to an early lead in every game and controlled the tempo of the game from there on out. Knott turned the tables on them. Boone got in a hole and they just never could get out of it. Boone kept battling and got it close a couple times. But a couple minutes into the 4th quarter Knott got it up to 10 and Boone started taking quick shots and chances on defense. Knott had some turnovers but Boone could never hit the shot they needed to build momentum. The risk taking on defense led to the final margin being where it is.

Knott's defense really impressed me. Boone got zero easy baskets out of their offense and they are usually good for 5+ layups when they run their offense. Knott played physical, clogged the middle and Boone got no offensive rebounds either. Knott looked really good to me.