March 10, 201214 yr I don't see any logic behind people thinking UK is going anywhere other than South. They are the #1 overall seed. That means they go to the best location for them, regardless of the other #1 seeds. That's Atlanta. Why is ATL the best place to go? STL is closer.
March 10, 201214 yr I don't see any logic behind people thinking UK is going anywhere other than South. They are the #1 overall seed. That means they go to the best location for them, regardless of the other #1 seeds. That's Atlanta. Syracuse is locked into Boston. That leaves the Midwest and West. If Missouri wins the Big 12 tournament, they most likely grab the 4th #1 seed, landing them in the Midwest. That would ship UNC to Phoenix. If Missouri loses, Ohio State or Michigan State could grab the final #1 and then they get shipped West. There's very minimal chance UK is not in Atlanta. :thumb: The whole idea that the NCAA and selection committee is out to screw over UK is stupid...
March 10, 201214 yr Why is ATL the best place to go? STL is closer. Because UK is not a 'Midwest' team.
March 10, 201214 yr Matt Jones is saying UK would prefer St. Louis. Same distance as Atlanta from Lex and closer to Louisville.
March 10, 201214 yr Matt Jones is saying UK would prefer St. Louis. Same distance as Atlanta from Lex and closer to Louisville. Matt Jones is an idiot.
March 10, 201214 yr Author Geographically, St. Louis is closer to Lexington than is Atlanta. The weakest #1 will ship west. You have to figure in the entire body of work and many times people tend to look at just the last few weeks. I think that makes Xavier tough to figure. Look at Washington. Won the Pac12 regular season title, even though it was an unbalanced conference schedule. I don't think the NCAA Committee has ever left out a regular season champ from a power conference. It should be interesting to see what happens to U-Dub. It is fun to project.
March 10, 201214 yr Kentucky - Atlanta Syracuse - Boston Missouri/Kansas - St. Louis Whoever the final #1 is - West I don't think there's much to argue about.
March 10, 201214 yr Lunardi has UK as the #1 seed in the Midwest now....Somehow he thinks the #1 overall seed deserves the best #8 and best #9 seeds in the tournament as well....Memphis vs. UConn. Of course he also has UC as #8 seed still, so it's obvious he has no clue.
March 10, 201214 yr What is so bad about St. Louis? What am I missing? The fact that there's a solid chance that Missouri ends up the #2 seed there. How is that fair to the #1 overall seed?
March 10, 201214 yr I clearly expect UK to be a #1 seed, but unfortunately for me it will be in the Midwest. I was hoping for Atlanta, but with KU losing that likely means UK to the Midwest and with it, Missouri as our #2. Great. Get the #1 overall and have to beat #2 in their home state. I see UL as a 4 seed no matter what they do tonight. I see UC as a 7 right now with a possibility to move as high as a 5. Xavier is in and I think the 10 seed fits them quite well. I see UC as a 6 but if they win they are as high as a 4 IMO. Could even see a 3 after what UConn pulled off last season.
March 10, 201214 yr ^ What because they got hot for a week? It's about the entire season. They have some really good wins but they have some bad losses and a terrible OOC schedule.
March 10, 201214 yr The fact that there's a solid chance that Missouri ends up the #2 seed there. How is that fair to the #1 overall seed? This.
March 10, 201214 yr ^ What because they got hot for a week? It's about the entire season. They have some really good wins but they have some bad losses and a terrible OOC schedule. So you don't think they're a 6?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.