Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is calling someone an Atheist a slur?

Featured Replies

No, which figured into his response.

 

I think we need a separate thread for the response.

 

I have a feeling this is going in a good direction (Depending on your sense of humor). :lol: :popcorn:

  • Replies 84
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:laugh: :laugh:

 

If she's hot enough maybe he can "find" Jesus!

 

Ah, yes...missionary dating.

I don't consider it a slur but it does often have a negative feeling about it when it's used certain ways. Kind of like Evangelical.
Right. But, it seems that anything and everything is a "slur". Way too many folks in this country really enjoy being offended. It's a whole new political class.

Not a slur, you can say the word on TV and on BGPs without any problem. Thats all theguru asked for and thats all I'm giving.

:laugh: :laugh:

 

If she's hot enough maybe he can "find" Jesus!

 

:clap: Or at least pretend he's looking.

If it says so in his dating profile I don't see why it would be considered a slur.

Right. But, it seems that anything and everything is a "slur". Way too many folks in this country really enjoy being offended. It's a whole new political class.

 

What if they intend it as a slur or with negative intent?

What if they intend it as a slur or with negative intent?
I understand where you are coming from, but I choose not to be offended by things that do not matter. If someone uses a "SLUR" to describe me, I will obviously look upon them with suspicion. But I don't think it would be necesarry to make a huge deal out of it. Now, if someone who has power over me, say like a elected official, a boss, or a police officer, that would be completely different in my view.
I agree, but do you feel the word is often used with negative intent?
Do atheists us the term Christian as a slur? Serious question.

It's not a slur, but it was obviously meant as a putdown....I'm hoping he replied in epic fashion.

Do atheists us the term Christian as a slur? Serious question.
Nope, but I'm sure it is used as a putdown...
  • Author

Now for his response. Keep in mind, the email was unsolicited from the female and there had been no previous contact between the two parties. Additionally, this kind of thing "Anti-Atheist Sentiment" is a semi-common experience for my friend on this dating site when all the man is trying to do is being honest about his beliefs. His response:

 

"Too bad you believe in supernatural myths and you are a judgmental bitch."

Now for his response. Keep in mind, the email was unsolicited from the female and there had been no previous contact between the two parties. Additionally, this kind of thing "Anti-Atheist Sentiment" is a semi-common experience for my friend on this dating site when all the man is trying to do is being honest about his beliefs. His response:

 

"Too bad you believe in supernatural myths and you are a judgmental bitch."

 

Unfortunately, he has shown that he is no better than she is. Note that I am only commenting on he "supernatural myths" comment.

Unfortunately, he has shown that he is no better than she is. Note that I am only commenting on he "supernatural myths" comment.
Maybe it's petty, but she sent an unsolicited e-mail for no other reason than to knock his religious beliefs...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.