Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is calling someone an Atheist a slur?

Featured Replies

Now for his response. Keep in mind, the email was unsolicited from the female and there had been no previous contact between the two parties. Additionally, this kind of thing "Anti-Atheist Sentiment" is a semi-common experience for my friend on this dating site when all the man is trying to do is being honest about his beliefs. His response:

 

"Too bad you believe in supernatural myths and you are a judgmental bitch."

 

 

Well done by your friend. It's obvious the only reason she sent that was as an attack on his beliefs.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it's petty, but she sent an unsolicited e-mail for no other reason than to knock his religious beliefs...

 

No doubt. I'm not promoting what she did, but he didn't take the higher road and dissed her religious beliefs, just like she did.

  • Author
No doubt. I'm not promoting what she did, but he didn't take the higher road and dissed her religious beliefs, just like she did.

 

He use to take the high road but it happens again and again and again... In other words, one could argue the high road doesn't always work.

He use to take the high road but it happens again and again and again... In other words, one could argue the high road doesn't always work.

 

Again, agreed. I'm sure that it does get old. I might be tempted to retaliate, too. Lowering himself to her level doesn't do anyone a y good, though.

Sounds like religion is a deal-breaker for both of them. Can't figure out why she e-mailed him, and can't figure out why he bothered to reply.

Sounds like religion is a deal-breaker for both of them. Can't figure out why she e-mailed him, and can't figure out why he bothered to reply.

 

I have a hard time buying that if someone out of the blue randomly sent you an email badmouthing your beliefs, you'd just ignore them. If so, you're a much bigger person than about 99.99% of the population.

I have a hard time buying that if someone out of the blue randomly sent you an email badmouthing your beliefs, you'd just ignore them. If so, you're a much bigger person than about 99.99% of the population.

 

Probably not much chance for me to confirm or deny your theory...I don't do online dating and rarely receive email from people I don't know. :lol: Not many opportunities for me to test your theory...so I'll just say you may be right.

Probably not much chance for me to confirm or deny your theory...I don't do online dating and rarely receive email from people I don't know. :lol: Not many opportunities for me to test your theory...so I'll just say you may be right.

 

:lol: Fair enough.

 

I think most of us would like to think we'd just ignore it, but in reality I think the vast majority would respond in a similar manner as Ru's friend did. :idunno:

A woman contacted him and said, "You sure are attractive, too bad you are an Atheist."

 

Assuming that his profile actually has the word "Atheist"

 

Translation: I was looking through pictures (thus the unsolicited part) and your good looking picture caught my eye. (COMPLIMENT) However, my belief in God is very important to me. (DEAL BREAKER) Since this is an on-line dating service, and I am looking for compatible partners to date, there is no reason to pursue further. (She was straight to the point, not judgmental, and enjoy the :thumb: and move on.)

 

"Too bad you believe in supernatural myths and you are a judgmental bitch."

 

Translation: My good looks should trump your beliefs. You hate atheists, so I am going to assume you are a judgmental b----.

Now for his response. Keep in mind, the email was unsolicited from the female and there had been no previous contact between the two parties. Additionally, this kind of thing "Anti-Atheist Sentiment" is a semi-common experience for my friend on this dating site when all the man is trying to do is being honest about his beliefs. His response:

 

"Too bad you believe in supernatural myths and you are a judgmental bitch."

 

No, calling someone an Atheist is not a slur. I do take offense to someone calling God a "supernatural myth". He's not a super-hero or comic book character. He's my Lord and Savior and if you chose not to believe in the scriptures then that is your choice. Don't make is sound like he lives in Metropolis or Gothum City. I will go to my grave believing that my choice is better than the alternative.

Is it common to put one's religious beliefs (or lack thereof) on a dating website?

Again, agreed. I'm sure that it does get old. I might be tempted to retaliate, too. Lowering himself to her level doesn't do anyone a y good, though.
I'm sure the high road is the right thing to do but sometimes it feels really good to walk around in the muck...:D
Assuming that his profile actually has the word "Atheist"

 

Translation: I was looking through pictures (thus the unsolicited part) and your good looking picture caught my eye. (COMPLIMENT) However, my belief in God is very important to me. (DEAL BREAKER) Since this is an on-line dating service, and I am looking for compatible partners to date, there is no reason to pursue further. (She was straight to the point, not judgmental, and enjoy the :thumb: and move on.)

For the sake of argument I'll buy this theory. If so, why bother e-mailing someone unsolicited just to tell them you don't want to be with them.
No, calling someone an Atheist is not a slur. I do take offense to someone calling God a "supernatural myth". He's not a super-hero or comic book character. He's my Lord and Savior and if you chose not to believe in the scriptures then that is your choice. Don't make is sound like he lives in Metropolis or Gothum City. I will go to my grave believing that my choice is better than the alternative.

 

To someone who doesn't subscribe to Christian beliefs, the Bible story is no different than the polytheistic stories of the Greek or Egyptian mythology. Just because you or I believe in the Bible doesn't mean everyone else is obligated to find it sacrosanct and treat it with the highest respect. It's a two-way street, but one I've found few Christians are willing to travel, since it requires them to be respectful toward beliefs they do not share.

For the sake of argument I'll buy this theory. If so, why bother e-mailing someone unsolicited just to tell them you don't want to be with them.

Being flirty, having fun, send some good vibes? The on-line dating thing could be a real drag and nothing wrong with a little friendly encouragment?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.