Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is calling someone an Atheist a slur?

Featured Replies

Being flirty, having fun, send some good vibes? The on-line dating thing could be a real drag and nothing wrong with a little friendly encouragment?

 

How would this be friendly encouragement? Which good vibes did I miss?

  • Replies 84
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How would this be friendly encouragement? Which good vibes did I miss?

See post 54.

Just providing a different scenario where maybe she saw his picture and paused to pass on a compliment, but does not want to take it further because of different beliefs. Nothing wrong with a little cat-whistle now and then...

See post 54.

Just providing a different scenario where maybe she saw his picture and paused to pass on a compliment, but does not want to take it further because of different beliefs. Nothing wrong with a little cat-whistle now and then...

 

I agree. To me, guru's friend overreacted to her comment. I would have taken it no differently then someone saying "you sure are good looking....too bad you're married".

  • Author
I agree. To me, guru's friend overreacted to her comment. I would have taken it no differently then someone saying "you sure are good looking....too bad you're married".

 

Apples and oranges Mayor...

 

I am not exaggerating here, he probably gets one of these unsolicited emails every month slamming him on religion (or lack of) and he has decided to give them all a taste of their own medicine.

 

Someone else asked, yes religion is something you are expected to share in your dating profile and in my opinion rightly so because it is a deal breaker for so many fanatics.

Apples and oranges Mayor...

 

I am not exaggerating here, he probably gets one of these unsolicited emails every month slamming him on religion (or lack of) and he has decided to give them all a taste of their own medicine.

 

Someone else asked, yes religion is something you are expected to share in your dating profile and in my opinion rightly so because it is a deal breaker for so many fanatics.

 

I wouldn't necessarily equate making religion a deal-breaker with fanaticism. Sure there are some fanatics whom it is certainly a deal-breaker for, but there are plenty of people who consider it a deal-breaker who don't come close to ranking as a fanatic.

 

Fact is, for many, religion goes very hand in hand with lifestyle, and it is also something that they want to pass on to their children. A church-going Christian/Muslim/Jew could run into a lot of difficulties raising children in their faith when their atheist spouse is staying home and watching tv. In a lot of ways it just makes logistical sense to not pursue a relationship an atheist in that sense...

  • Author
I wouldn't necessarily equate making religion a deal-breaker with fanaticism. Sure there are some fanatics whom it is certainly a deal-breaker for, but there are plenty of people who consider it a deal-breaker who don't come close to ranking as a fanatic.

 

Fact is, for many, religion goes very hand in hand with lifestyle, and it is also something that they want to pass on to their children. A church-going Christian/Muslim/Jew could run into a lot of difficulties raising children in their faith when their atheist spouse is staying home and watching tv. In a lot of ways it just makes logistical sense...

 

Damn atheists sitting home and watching TV all day. How lazy can they be!!!

Speaking as someone who is Catholic, and has dated a Jewish girl, a Muslim girl, and is now dating a Catholic, I'd say that to most rational thinking adults religious beliefs aren't a deal breaker, but sharing the same beliefs sure does make it a whole heck of a lot easier.

Damn atheists sitting home and watching TV all day. How lazy can they be!!!

 

Haha, well my point wasn't to say that atheists are lazy. In fact, I think I've got FKYW beat by a mile when it comes to being lazy. Fact is, with Christians at least, many of them are waking up on Sunday morning and going to church. I don't know many people who, if presented with the option to sleep in or sit around and watch tv on a Sunday morning, wouldn't find that at least somewhat appealing.

Speaking as someone who is Catholic, and has dated a Jewish girl, a Muslim girl, and is now dating a Catholic, I'd say that to most rational thinking adults religious beliefs aren't a deal breaker, but sharing the same beliefs sure does make it a whole heck of a lot easier.

 

Bingo!

Haha, well my point wasn't to say that atheists are lazy. In fact, I think I've got FKYW beat by a mile when it comes to being lazy. Fact is, with Christians at least, many of them are waking up on Sunday morning and going to church. I don't know many people who, if presented with the option to sleep in or sit around and watch tv on a Sunday morning, wouldn't find that at least somewhat appealing.
Quite often I'm getting up and running 6-12 miles on Sunday mornings...:D
See post 54.

Just providing a different scenario where maybe she saw his picture and paused to pass on a compliment, but does not want to take it further because of different beliefs. Nothing wrong with a little cat-whistle now and then...

If it was a compliment, it was definitely a backhanded one...
Speaking as someone who is Catholic, and has dated a Jewish girl, a Muslim girl, and is now dating a Catholic, I'd say that to most rational thinking adults religious beliefs aren't a deal breaker, but sharing the same beliefs sure does make it a whole heck of a lot easier.
There's no denying this. I have actually never seriously dated an atheist, if at all.

 

I make it a point VERY early on to let people know I'm an atheist. My experience has been it's ok from the start but as the relationship picks up in seriousness it often "becomes" an issue. If it's a deal-breaker that's fine, but don't try to make it one after the fact. That's total bs...

 

Also, I'm not going to tell anyone I date not to go to church, but I most certainly don't plan on tagging along.

Quite often I'm getting up and running 6-12 miles on Sunday mornings...:D

 

And you can believe me...I'm not. :lol:

Apples and oranges Mayor...

 

I am not exaggerating here, he probably gets one of these unsolicited emails every month slamming him on religion (or lack of) and he has decided to give them all a taste of their own medicine.

 

Someone else asked, yes religion is something you are expected to share in your dating profile and in my opinion rightly so because it is a deal breaker for so many fanatics.

 

Maybe your friend should start a new dating website for Atheists. Might solve the problem :) And if it takes off I'll expect a cut.

There's no denying this. I have actually never seriously dated an atheist, if at all.

 

I make it a point VERY early on to let people know I'm an atheist. My experience has been it's ok from the start but as the relationship picks up in seriousness it often "becomes" an issue. If it's a deal-breaker that's fine, but don't try to make it one after the fact. That's total bs...

 

Also, I'm not going to tell anyone I date not to go to church, but I most certainly don't plan on tagging along.

 

I think the mistake some people make is assuming that they can "work through things later". I dated an agnostic girl for a bit. I told her pretty much immediately that my intention in the grand scheme was to raise any children I might have in my Catholic faith, and she initially said that was okay with her. Apparently she privately thought that she could "bring me around" on that issue and get me to change my mind. My mind didn't change, and the relationship didn't work because of it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.