March 9, 201214 yr Author Maybe your friend should start a new dating website for Atheists. Might solve the problem And if it takes off I'll expect a cut. Maybe the woman in question should start using one of the Christian Dating Sites instead of standing in judgment of others.
March 9, 201214 yr Maybe the woman in question should start using one of the Christian Dating Sites instead of standing in judgment of others. Touche:bunny:
March 9, 201214 yr I think the mistake some people make is assuming that they can "work through things later". I dated an agnostic girl for a bit. I told her pretty much immediately that my intention in the grand scheme was to raise any children I might have in my Catholic faith, and she initially said that was okay with her. Apparently she privately thought that she could "bring me around" on that issue and get me to change my mind. My mind didn't change, and the relationship didn't work because of it.This probably helps solidify the theory that girls always think they can change a guy. :lol: In all seriousness, I am VERY brutally honest so it is frustrating when that happens.
March 10, 201214 yr Speaking as someone who is Catholic, and has dated a Jewish girl, a Muslim girl, and is now dating a Catholic, I'd say that to most rational thinking adults religious beliefs aren't a deal breaker, but sharing the same beliefs sure does make it a whole heck of a lot easier. I couldn't date a Catholic, but have many friends who are, marriage is a different ball game. I married a woman who was a believer but turned away later and as Paul stated in 1st Corinthians 7:15 I let her go, and now have been married 26 years to a woman who is in the same church as me. There is a reason Paul wrote about this in 2nd Corinthians 6:14.
March 10, 201214 yr Maybe the woman in question should start using one of the Christian Dating Sites instead of standing in judgment of others. Nope, as Christian we are to warn others of their Sin, and rejecting God is the only Sin that cannot be forgivem. The verses I'll share are these. Ezekiel 3:16/9, 33:/10, its not my words...hell is hot and eternity a long haul.
March 10, 201214 yr He use to take the high road but it happens again and again and again... In other words, one could argue the high road doesn't always work. Does he realize that he is using the "Christian Mingle" dating site?
March 10, 201214 yr So, your friend has an "unhot" chick email him to slam him on his lack of religious fervor. You really want to spice things up here, have your friend copy her pic and send it to you and post it in here.
March 19, 201214 yr Assuming that his profile actually has the word "Atheist" Translation: I was looking through pictures (thus the unsolicited part) and your good looking picture caught my eye. (COMPLIMENT) However, my belief in God is very important to me. (DEAL BREAKER) Since this is an on-line dating service, and I am looking for compatible partners to date, there is no reason to pursue further. (She was straight to the point, not judgmental, and enjoy the :thumb: and move on.) My interpretation of the e-mail is similar to yours. Though I do think it was pointless to reach out to someone she clearly was not interested in pursuing.
March 20, 201214 yr Its not a slur, it was used incorrectly as I said to the guru when I told him. The women said that "I find you cute too bad you are an Atheist. " If she said, too bad your a jew, or a black we all know that would have been the wrong thing to say. I'm proud to be an atheist. If I would have said to her, that I like your smile too bad your a christian she prob would have gotten my point.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.