Scott County 78 Woodford County 43

While I think Scott County is the best team in the 11th, they benefited from a favorable draw. Lafayette, Franklin County, and Woodford County isn't a murder's row. On the flip side, it appears Woodford finally ran out of gas after having to knock of Lexington Catholic and Madison Central just to get there.

Again, that's not to take anything away from Scott County. I think the Cardinals can make a little run at Rupp next week.

Woodford brought the entire city with them tonight. They battled for a half and then SC just turned on the jets in the 2nd half and broke it open. They will be a tough out if they shoot like they did tonight. On the other side, Woodford made a heck of a run to get to the finals and Hundley has proved he is a top coach in only two years at the helm.

Scott Co was very impressive tonight. So many weapons when Gilbert is on and Richardson and Haddix knock down their open shots... you know Manning and Ivey are tough. I'm picking Scott Co to be playing Saturday night.

Scott county was a team on a mission tonight. Gotta say everyone knows about Ivey and Manning but I thought the PG Richardson was the difference maker. He hit tough shots at key times and got them in their offense at other times.

Great run for Woodford County, was only the 2nd time in 50 years that the school has been represented in the Finals by a boys basketball team. Knocked off #12 Lex Cath and #5 Madison Central in the process. What a fun group of guys to watch play. I was thoroughly impressed by the fan support of Woodford County...they outnumbered SC at least 2-1.

Great season Yellow Jackets!

I see something unique in this Scott County team.

This is not Billy Hick's most talented bunch. In fact, if you look at the entire roster top to bottom, it may be one of his least talented teams.

However, this team has selfless players who a very willing defenders and it has outstanding chemistry. Everyone is on the same page and that makes for a big run at Rupp Arena next week.

Say what you want about Billy Hicks, but the man is an outstanding basketball coach. He knows the game, he studies the game, he works very hard, and he comes up with a great game plan against each and every opponent. He very much understands match ups.....both offensively and defensively. His teams play to their strengths and when he gets a team with no off the court issues and no parents with selfish agendas, that buy into what he is preaching, it makes for a winning combination. Another 30 win season and another trip to the Sweet Sixteen.

My hats off to Coach Billy Hicks and this edition of the Scott County Cardinals! It is a pleasure to watch them execute and play team ball.

While I think Scott County is the best team in the 11th, they benefited from a favorable draw. Lafayette, Franklin County, and Woodford County isn't a murder's row. On the flip side, it appears Woodford finally ran out of gas after having to knock of Lexington Catholic and Madison Central just to get there.

Again, that's not to take anything away from Scott County. I think the Cardinals can make a little run at Rupp next week.

I'm assuming that this is a bit of sarcasm. Scott County owns the lower bracket and I'd be shocked if they're still not playing on Saturday night. Of course I can't award them the championship game just yet and that's why they play the game, and the Sweet 16 has seen shockers in the past, but Scott County has been a team on a mission all season and they definitely have their eye on the big prize with all the talent and confidence in the world to achieve it.

I see something unique in this Scott County team.

This is not Billy Hick's most talented bunch. In fact, if you look at the entire roster top to bottom, it may be one of his least talented teams.

However, this team has selfless players who a very willing defenders and it has outstanding chemistry. Everyone is on the same page and that makes for a big run at Rupp Arena next week.

Say what you want about Billy Hicks, but the man is an outstanding basketball coach. He knows the game, he studies the game, he works very hard, and he comes up with a great game plan against each and every opponent. He very much understands match ups.....both offensively and defensively. His teams play to their strengths and when he gets a team with no off the court issues and no parents with selfish agendas, that buy into what he is preaching, it makes for a winning combination. Another 30 win season and another trip to the Sweet Sixteen.

My hats off to Coach Billy Hicks and this edition of the Scott County Cardinals! It is a pleasure to watch them execute and play team ball.

I 100% agree with this post, very well said. The strenghth of Scott County is they are a TEAM.

I agree that this was not murderers row but the fact of the matter is that the 11th Region is down this season. There is no murderers row in the 11th. Congrats to Woodford on a great season!! I disagree thst Woodford ran out of gas. Yes great wins against Catholic and Madison Central, but Scott County beat them as badly as they defeated Franklin County, and FC beat Woodford 2 out of 3 times this season including a 10 point victory in the District Finals.

No disrespect to Woodford, my point is there is no murderers row in the 11th this season, and Scott County is peaking. They are that good right now in my opinion, and have what looks like a favorable draw in the Sweet 16. I will not be surprised if they are playing Saturday night in Rupp Arena.

I agree that this was not murderers row but the fact of the matter is that the 11th Region is down this season. There is no murderers row in the 11th. Congrats to Woodford on a great season!! I disagree thst Woodford ran out of gas. Yes great wins against Catholic and Madison Central, but Scott County beat them as badly as they defeated Franklin County, and FC beat Woodford 2 out of 3 times this season including a 10 point victory in the District Finals.

No disrespect to Woodford, my point is there is no murderers row in the 11th this season, and Scott County is peaking. They are that good right now in my opinion, and have what looks like a favorable draw in the Sweet 16. I will not be surprised if they are playing Saturday night in Rupp Arena.

:ylsuper: Good post.