Titans/ Rockets summer shootout

Went down to Shelbyville today to watch a few games. First game I saw was Collina v. Male and IMO it was the bet game of the day. Collins was up most of the game and took a 6-8 point lead into the final 5 minutes. Some misses free throws proved costly and Male ended the game on a big run winning by 6. Collina is the real deal and I would have to favor them in the 8th region after what I saw today. McKnight and Veil are studs. Male did what Male does. Deep, tall, athletic, and talented was too much for Collins. This game was worthy of a possible state semi finals at Rupp come next March.

Second game I watched was South Oldham v. Scott County. The Dragons dominated from the very beginning. I know SC lost alot from last year. Morrison was not the Dragons only shooter, no surprise if you know South Oldham. IMO they're not on Collins level as of now but when a 3 point shooting team gets hot you never know. The Dragons always get better throughout the season.

The third game was Louisville Butler v. Henry Clay. I honestly dont know much about either team. I know HC has some decent players and their hustle finally matched their athletiscm in the 2nd half. Butler shoots alot of 3s and need to shoot a higher percentage if they're going to take that many. They're a typical fast and athletic Louisville-type team but HC ended up with the W by 7 or 8.

The final and championship game was between Male and Fern Creek. Male came out hot and that's game over when they're on. The Dogs built a 8-10 point lead that they kept for most of the game. Fern Creek for it down to 4 with about a minute left but couldn't get any closer. Rogers for Fern Creek is super fast and will do some big things for FC this year and next. The 6'8 Washington kid is really raw right now and if he gets more aggressive he could do some damage. Courtney, Maxey, Evans, Glenn, and Flemming is a mean starting 5 to throw out at opponents. Not many in Kentucky can match their five and IMO the best team in Kentucky (in June for whatever that is worth). The energy and enthusiasm for Male on the sidelines and in the stands is really special. They know they've got the goods to cut down nets in March. Courtney I believe got a Georgetown offer today and if I'm big time coach, I'm making sure I show 6'6 incoming freshman Kaleb Glenn alot of love. High D1 prospect.