Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NUMBER 1 FAN

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NUMBER 1 FAN

  1. How does a kid receive a letter from a college basketball coach during their soph. year when NCAA regs. do not allow a college football coach to send a letter until Sep 1 of the player's jr. year. Or are basketball players just getting camp info or are the rules different for football? I hear a lot of people say that certain players get letters from coaches but I just don't see how they can while they are younger than a jr. I would think that it was an awful big risk for a coach to take. Does anyone know what the difference is???
  2. There needs to be size and speed.
  3. UK's 2 fastest RBs run a 4.2. If he runs a 4.3 he should have SEC coaches all over him. That is a very fast time for NK highschool football.
  4. Shinning Stars (Mcfarland) beat Derek Smith in the 16u finals by 3.
  5. I never heard that there were 20 but if there were my guess is that ony about 5 would have had much of a chance to play. And the ones that quit from last years team did not play much. So again I think that it is more about playing time. Chances of it or lack of time. The new ones that came out for spring practice did not last much after the first hit. I guess they thought it was a good idea until someone put a good hit on them. I agree that if they have a problem with the coach they need to find a new team. One of the players who left said his heart was not into playing football which I think is a very mature thing to do. Trust me if you dig deep enough it is not about the coach or coaches. They need to admit that they just don't want to play and I respect that.
  6. I am not aware of numbers like you are talking about. I think that the number of players on the team is somewhere in the range of 100 plus. So the issue is that with that many kids there are going to be those that are not going to play very often so for the most part those are the ones who are unhappy. This situation is not much different than other teams in the state that field a large team. Sorry to see them leave but if they are unhappy then they need to move on to what they think is a better situation. My guess is that most teams in 6A are going to play the best players they have so those that don't work hard in practices or take it seriously will be watching from the sidelines. I think that when a player or parent makes the comment that if "I don't start I am leaving" my guess is that they need to go ahead and pack their bags. It is rare that one player makes or breaks a football team. So I don't think the sky is falling yet.
  7. Mitch Mcliesh, Tate Nichols, Andy Earls, Mikey Gabbard, and Ryan Popp are all playing for the shining stars
  8. It is always easy to complain but it takes a lot of work to beat the streets and go face to face and ask for money. I think before I sat on my tail and felt sorry for myself I would be out beating on doors. As far as the other Boone Co. schools go, I can think of major companies in eveyone one of their districs that could be big time partners in any fund raiser but I can tell you that they are not going to feel sorry for you and show up at your door with a check in hand. For the amount of time that has been wasted on this web page complaining ever single person could have gone and meet at least 6 business executives face to face and pitched your idea. So I really don't feel sorry for you if you have not put fourth the effort. And to say well I am poor and there's just nothing that I can do is a joke. There is always something that you can do.
  9. I guess I don't get your point. Sorry
  10. We expected that there would be those that would not support the effort. There are a number of improvments that need to be made. Just as it is with any building project developers and builders fail to provide for the future so it is not hard to believe that they have outgrown the fieldhouse. I am sure that 12 years ago they did not think that they would have to support 110 football players along with soccer, track, and baseball kids all trying to work out of the building. There is also an issue with male and female athelets trying to work out of that building. There is a building there but it certainly does not support the number of kids that are using it. So to aswer your question it is not a matter of how good do you need it, it is having a building that can serve everyone. This whole effort should show that dreams can come true and that any school can do the same thing. Ryle was just lucking enough to find a group of parents and coaches that would step up and do what it takes. I can't think of 1 negative thing to say about any of it. As they say nobody likes a winner;) P.S Boone County's donnor way back when did not want to bid the project out as the law directs any school to do so that is why it did not happen it was not a policy change. The Ryle parents only controled the funding efforts.
  11. If I were to guess it would be to upgrade the fieldhouse, weightroom, ect... Whatever it is it must be approved by the board first the same as the field was.
  12. I wish Josh the best with his change but I think he will look back and regret leaving Ryle. There are some very positive things going on right now.
  13. Great news. Good luck to Adam.
  14. I really hate to say it and I am sure that it would not have changed the out come of the game but I feel like the refs did not care much for Ryle and did not give them many breaks. There were a number of touch fouls that were over looked at the other end of the floor. Granted Ryle has not helped themselves in the past and these refs know the players and how they have acted in the past. That's why each kid needs to keep his mouth shut because they will see the same refs again down the road.
  15. Maley was sick. I think that if Ryle had everyone healthy and on the court they would be a much different team. Last night they had freshman playing part of the time. They are making do with what they have right now. Dixie may have been shorthanded last night but certainly no more than Ryle.
  16. Sounds like a sore loser.:cry:
  17. Ryle will need to shoot at least 40 plus % from the field. Their inside game is nowhere to be found.
  18. The bad guys don't get out much in the cold. I agree that they should do well in 08 but I think the season to watch will be 09.
  19. I look for 2009 to be the year that they really shine.
  20. I look to see a much more balanced offence this next season. With the addition of some coaches that are offence minded. It appears that they are trying to develope a QB WR combo that will be here for at least the next 2 years. That is certainly a non-coaches opinion. I am looking foward to the next season. It looked to me that we got a small glance of what is to come the very last few games of this past season and I stress a small glance before anybody jumps on me. There are some players at Ryle who have bright future ahead of them.
  21. A lot of bad luck swinging Ryle's way. It is tough for them to keep their heads up. Tate Nichols hates to be on the bench all season. The break came at the worst time but he has been playing on it broken for at least the last 5 games maybe more. They need to finish strong and there is no reason way they can't. They have played much better than what they did last night. They need to learn form last night and move on.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.