Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

footballf@n4life

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by footballf@n4life

  1. Ill let ya know what I see tomorrow night.
  2. Is that the Cincy paper taking a shot at the Louisville schools, or has SK improved that much since last year?
  3. 08/29 Russell (11-2 in 2007) Loss 09/06 @ Letcher County Central (11-2 in 2007) Loss 09/12 Wheelersburg (8-4 in 2007) Loss 09/19 Open ---- 09/26 Rowan County (2-9 in 2007) Win 10/03 Raceland (7-5 in 2007) Loss 10/10 @ Boyd County (5-7 in 2007) Loss 10/17 Ashland (2-8 in 2007) Win 10/24 @ Lawrence County (1-10 in 2007) Win 10/31 @ Lewis County (1-9 in 2007) Win 11/07 @ Mason County (8-4 in 2007) Loss Lose first round of playoffs
  4. I heard this will be played in real game format for 3 quarters. Any truth to that? Also, will it be mostly starters or just a huge mix. I'd like to see Raceland play, but I don't want to go watch a JV game when I could go watch Ashland/Mason Co. or Ironton/Wheelersburg.
  5. I'm torn on whether to attend this scrimmage or the Ironton/Wheelersburg game. Ill have no other chance to see Raceland before Russell plays them.
  6. So none of those guys on the team were at St. Joe's at some point last year? I know this to be 100% fact. I will not name kids names on this website, but if you want to compare the rosters go ahead. A real telling tale would be to compare the 8th and 9th grade rosters to the sophmore and 9th grade rosters this year. This is when most kids transfer to their school of choice. This is ok in Ohio, and personally I think it should be okay in Kentucky to transfer for sports reasons. This is why in Lawrence Co, there is only 1 great team, and the other 5 or 6 can't beat Russell's JV squad on a bad year.
  7. Johnson Centreal/ Breathitt Letcher Central/ Harlan Co.
  8. I don't really see how Rose Hill could every field a football team. There is what maybe 50 boys grades 10-12
  9. All over southern Ohio. Last year when Lutz returned, a ton of players transferred to Ironton, but had to sit out the year. Now they are eligible and are very good. It would basically be like every good player form BC, Ashland, Raceland, and GC all transferring to Russell, since Russell and Ironton are about the same size. Ever notice that Ironton is always good, but every other school surrounding it is usually terrible?
  10. Was it a stinger then? He was down for a good 10 minutes, and he never came back. you usually don't go down that long with a shoulder injury and it be nothing. Glad to hear though that it is nothing.
  11. S_Valley did much better toward the end of the scrimmage! There coaches kept them on the field even against our second team. I think that may have helped there confidence. But in the end the Devils sustainded a long scoring drive to end the Scrimage. Russell will cause lots of problems for other teams with threre multi-dimensional backfield. There is absolutely noway you can key on one or two people! Staying healthy is the main thing! Very little depth, especially on the line!
  12. Russell pretty much controlled the scrimmage. In the first 20 plays, SV maybe gained 8yds, they were twice as big as Russell also. Russell moved the ball at will. Every player has improved. Will Rice is gonna be a standout this year. As long as he plays with that same intensity he will be an animal on both sides of the ball. One heck of a ball carrier. Deepest backfield Ive seen at Russell in awhile.
  13. Ill be able to see more tomorrow @ their scrimmage. We'll get to see how the line is. SV always has good D-linemen.
  14. They didn't go all that long. 40plays total maybe, for first team players. Bates won't be back from what I was told. From what I heard about his injury I highly doubt he will. Which I hate for him, but right now he needs to honestly worry about his injury so it doesn't get worse. Will Rice his replacement, looked really good. The kid could be the best all time FB @ Russell by the time he is done. Any of Russell's backs could go for a lot of yards in any game. They have some conditioning left to do. Abrams should be better. Dillon and Miller are beasts. Cordle has a lot more touch on his passes and is very quick on the bootleg. Rice as stated before, should have a monster year, he runs very hard and is very fast, sub 4.6. Mitchell has very good hands and will be impossible for anyone to cover 1on1. Bailey had some good runs, despite 1 fumble. Had some very nice catches. I honestly get the feeling Mcglone will give a shot at more passing this year. Maybe 15-20 passes a game instead of 5 or 6.
  15. Russell may have the best tackle in the area. Dillon is good or better than Bonner at TE, 6'5" 280. The rest of the line is solid. Only question mark is the LT position,there are a few guys battling for that spot. Russell returns all their DB's from last year, and have some good ones as back ups. They should be greatly improved in this area.
  16. 7PM Tonight- Russell JFL Field (HS field is not ready yet) The field is located across from the HS, hard to miss. Who all will be going? Ill give my review of the game tomorrow.
  17. The only back they lost has been Bates. Will Rice will be filling that position. I hate to lose Bates, but Rice is just as good, or an improvment at the Fullback spot. As he is more a true FB type runner and better blocker for that position. I wish Bates was able to play this year, however, he's not. We have to look at the benefits Rice brings to the offense at FB.
  18. So have you not heard anything for certain on this Happy ol' Dad? Did he take part in the maroon/white game? btw Russell's is tomorrow, you should come check it out.
  19. It is because they play @ Ashland every year. While they won't play @ Russell every year.
  20. PT possibly, I knew there was someone I was forgetting. Breathitt lost their QB, the only reason they won the game. Russell dominated the entire game until about 5 minutes to go and had plenty of opportunities to close the game but failed. Good comeback by the Bobcats. However, to put Mason County over the Devils, I just don't see that, or SC. Russell has completely dominated the MC series. Russell will be better this year than last. MC won't be as good. So one would think, Russell would have to be favored in this match up.
  21. No, but 7th is way to far down there. 3rd or 4th would be about right. The title will be decided between Belfry, Central, Russell, and Breathitt.
  22. Which of these young men are looking at scholarships? Any getting recruited by any top D1 schools? If so who and where?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.