Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jlaw

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jlaw

  1. Trust me we have traveled. We've worn the maroon, and not white, more this year.
  2. I believe that last time Ashland didn't make the region was around 89-90? I believer Lawrence Co. and Boyd went that year.
  3. It is if have another game on Saturday.
  4. Homecoming with a team traveling almost 2 hours. Great.
  5. I find this a joke. If someone is starting varsity, why would the coach be such a moron to take a chance of injury with a freshman or jv game?
  6. Some years are more illness and injury prone. This year Ashland has been hit hard by both. If everyone can get healty, I believe the boys will have something to prove. They've lost several against good competition, but are just now playing with some passion. Against Boyd they, for whatever reason a 16/18 boy does, only played one quarter with that passion. Against East they played 4 qrts. I believe they'll have a chance for the upset and might be able to turn the corner. Ashland by 5.
  7. As for the time keeper, he forgot to start the clock atleast once. And it was in favor of Ashland. I couldn't be prouder of the boys from Blazer Blvd. They played their hearts out and came up short. IMO East is the biggest, most athletic, and best team in the region. They the horses to win every game. I realize that Elliott beat them, but they have what it takes to win night in and night out.
  8. By accepting the punishment admits guilt. I'm sorry, but if I did nothing wrong I would fight it tooth and nail.
  9. Anybody see a backboard shattered in a high school game? I not talking about practice. Not. Not practice. But a game.
  10. Lawrence Co. had a beast of kid in the mid 80's that would try to tear the rim off. In fact during warm ups at Fairview he shattered a backboard. I believe it was 86-87 season.
  11. Clarence Thompson from Fairview in mid '80's. During a practice he shattered a backboard.
  12. I couldn't agree more. Each can beat the other. The only thing is whether it will be played at Boyd or Ashland. All depends on sexy Rexy.
  13. Will isn't taking the shots. We would love to see him shoot. In fact if you listen, you'll hear Coach Biggs telling to shoot.
  14. By the Ashland stat sheet he was close, but still need three more assist. As for the rebounding 40-32 Ashland. When the boys can't shoot, you can't win.
  15. Sort of looking at the glass is half empt or half full. Better might be subjective. If his attitude ruined practice, then maybe the others might be dragged down with him.
  16. I agree, what makes you think they will be better?
  17. Rowe started the majority of the season, but Skaggs had taken the point moving Coleman to post. Going small. As for Bowling and Griffith, they've both been out with injuries. Bowling had a really bad strain with his achilles and Griffith strained his PCL during practice last week, missing several practices and the Fairview and Henry Clay games.
  18. Sorry, I forgot about Wes.
  19. Matt's own choosing. His decision only. Not staff. To make sure everyone is clear, there is NO issues with the Tomcats. This is a single player issue. On a brighter note, Cody Bowling got cleared and is ready to go.
  20. I hate it for Matt, but all it means is another shot for one of the younger players.
  21. They are coached well. Plus when you have the horses, you don't try and wrangle them. You let them play. The twins play hard.
  22. Just a couple of obs. from the game.. If Rose Hill continues to post up Jackson and Euton at the same time; well noone will have the inside presence, except EAST CARTER, to contain them. Elliott is a GOOD team that if they are hitting their shots, like everyone else, will win. The only thing is Elliott wins BIG when they are hitting. As for last night, they weren't hitting. Plain and simple. Some of Rose Hill's defense played a part, but it just wasn't their night to hit shots, for whatever reason. As for Rose Hill, when Euton was playing inside, they are dangerous. If they let him roam around outside, they are average. Because you can challenge him and keep his shot in check, but inside he is a beast. One last thing, if Barber continues to get better and more confident in his shot, RH when continue to win. He is the one piece that allows the others to play. I like him!
  23. Yes. Ashland did it four years in a row back in the mid '70's.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.