Everything posted by 3ptshooter
-
Highlands
IMO, the O line is nothing like it use to be.
-
Highlands/Colerain, OH Predictions
You will see what SPEED is all about w/Colerain. I don't think HHS has as much although they are quick but I think you are comparing apples and oranges, kind a like comparing SEC speed w/Big 10 speed.
-
Highlands
Highlands "D" was much better than their "O" on Friday. I realize Conner is hurt but Head and Crawford are very good backs. I don't think they have the line they have had in the past. QB was rushed alot w/not much time to throw.
-
Beechwood/Dixie Predictions
Faster maybe but more athletic?? Did they get that many new players come in?
-
Beechwood/Dixie Predictions
FTBIGBIRD must be a new bird to Ft Thomas to not know that NCC does play 2A now.
-
Beechwood/Dixie Predictions
The BHS/HHS scrimmage is the same every yr w/the exception of maybe one yr. Scrimmages mean absolutely nothing except for the coaches to see who has the guts and who don't and time to make adjustments. BHS always comes out fine after that scrimmage. BHS wins easy! If you have lived in NKY for a while you should know that the class a team is means nothing to BHS. They know they put their uniforms on just like the other team.
-
Should volleyball be split into classes?
What about Team Z, are they included in this group??
-
Should volleyball be split into classes?
This is very true but only at the smaller schools and even then it causes many problems and hard feelings. Girls doing both usually have to leave their school bball practice early to make it to their club practice which usually takes away from the school bball team. We all know that it takes big money to play club and no way will an athlete miss club practice for school practice(which is free). If they do miss club practice they may not play too much that next weekend on the club team. I truely hate to tell athletes to pick and choose, but in these times unfortunately, these athletes have to in order to keep up w/everyone else competing for a scholarship. Sorry, to the thread. I think just like bball, the state will keep things the way they are until too many somebody's complain enough. Even then, how would the state be divided? Would it be 1A/2A/3A schools in one division and then the rest in another?
-
Boone County/Beechwood Scrimmage
IMO, and I am no expert w/H.S. football but NKY could combine all 6A schools and still have problems beating the big dawgs out of Louisville.
-
How about a Volleyball NKY Top Ten to date...
This is correct. The paper has had many misprinted mistakes as of late in regards to scheduling. St Henry defeated McAuley pretty handidly and played 3 to beat Watterson on Sat.
-
Boone County/Beechwood Scrimmage
Was it Rigdon or someone else??
-
Boone County/Beechwood Scrimmage
So, what happened in this one?
-
How about a Volleyball NKY Top Ten to date...
Haven't seen everyone yet but I think there is a huge gap between NCC/NDA/St Henry and the rest of the area.
-
Beechwood Soccer Update
Don't have an answer. I was told that the football field was not wide enough nor long enough when all this started and everyone made fun of me. I don't know the dimensions for the soccer field. Maybe if Beechwood would re-pay the loan for the field they could do whatever they wanted to w/it, like paint soccer stripes on it. Until then, the person who paid for it may be saying NO WAY, this is just a guess. When all this started the soccer people agreed to play their games at the park and also agreed to put up the money for any upgrades needed for the field.
-
Beechwood Soccer Update
Could care less!! Either missed quoted or misread article. You are saying they have 18 HS players and 18 middle school players?? I think they are saying there is 18 players, period!
-
Beechwood Soccer Update
If it was I wouldn't have asked! Last numbers listed were like 14 girls, now there is 18 so I wanted to know how many were actually in H.S. Believe me, I am not crying either. I have not horse in the race!:fight:
-
Covington Catholic/Ryle Scrimmage
What about Travis Elliott, did he play in the scrimmage today for Ryle??
-
Beechwood Soccer Update
Just curious, how many of the 18 girls are upper classman (9-12)? Is the field at the park regulation size? By looking at it, seems to be small. I guess boys soccer will come next yr?? While they are at it, they might as well add wrestling for the boys and because of title IX add field hockey for the girls.
-
Highlands/Beechwood Scrimmage
Did he do something special? Update everyone on the injured player please, if possible! My sources say #1's vs #1's the score would have been 3-1 HHS. This is about what it always is every yr. Sounds as if both teams will be right where they always are, in the hunt for the GOLD! GOOD LUCK TO BOTH!:thumb:
-
KVCA Top 25 Coaches Poll Released
IMO, Beechwood, HC and SK are not top 25, not even close. NCC is the top team in NKY w/ND and St Henry right behind. Boone might be between 20-25 but not 12th.
-
All "A" Volleyball Tourney
This is from the 9th region "All A" rep. This so-called all A tourney is not affiliated w/the All A as we know it w/the baseball/basketball. It is a completely different organization. He did not know anything about it!
-
Bellevue Coach
After the reasons for leaving Bellevue, I would say she is lucky to have a job!
-
Rank the State (1A Fan Rankings)
Super, are you from Dayton?? Exactly, Beechwood never rebuilds they just reload!! Usually the back ups are good enough to start anywhere in NKY in 1A due to going against the starters all yr. Beechwood is the defending state champ and until they get beat they are the team to beat, IMO. I think LCA and Mayfield will also be real good along w/Hazard and Raceland.
-
Soccer at Beechwood?
Amen Flop! Matt Long is a great person and is not a selfish person either. There was a lot involved in his resigning and not only a soccer issue. Again, a lot of promises made to him and none kept. The whole soccer issue as other things that were done this past school season were done sneaky. There were rules layed down w/stupulations and the stipulations were not met but due to the SBDM committee being very pro soccer, they voted it in. Then, how ironic that one of these members then is hired to be the coach. Everything done is very questionable, IMO! I wish these young middle school/elementary players well and pray none get hurt too serious against the older and much stronger players.
-
Soccer at Beechwood?
No question w/this statement. Dollar signs and big dreams, when will all these dreams begin? Correct, and a person on this committee is now the girls soccer coach. Maybe a conflict in interest here?