Everything posted by pnthr4life
-
2007 Ludlow
And you know this because: A) Some of your former teammates agree with you. B) You have coached and know what you're talking about, or C) You just love to disagree with me. If you would PM me and let me know who your coach was your first year of senior youth.
-
2007 Ludlow
Please tell me where the offense went last year? Statisically we had one of the weakest offenses in NKY. last year. And it was definitely predictable. They need to line up in different formations and attempt to establish a running game from a traditional formation. Will it be successful? I have no idea and neither do you. But what they did offensively last year was not what I would call a success. You can keep your opinion, as I'm sure you will, but I know you played for alot of different coaches during your football days (including youth) and I'd be willing to bet that most, if not all, would agree with what I'm saying. Maybe you should talk to some of them and see what they say. Talk to some former players that played at Ludlow and see what they have to say. Just a thought.
-
2007 Ludlow
- Your school's all time Baseball team
I can go along with the players you mention with the exception of Gary Kavanaugh. I've known the big lug for far too many years and played entirely too many softball games with his lazy butt. Has he ever slid? In all seriousness, Gary is one of my closest friends and we've certainly played alot of ball together over the years.- Lloyd's staff
I know Randy Tomlinson was at Beechwood last year. With him and the head coach being longtime friends I wouldn't think he would be going anywhere.- 2007 Ludlow
You mentioned McKenzie and Grinnan in your post. Obviously McKenzie was a tremendous lineman. However, he was the best they had. If you remember that line consisted of Lancaster at center (145 lbs.), B. Cawood (165) & G. Cawood (155) at guards. Mills at tailback (215-220) was obviously bigger than most of the line. Those kids played hard and with tremendous heart and I think we ran the ball pretty successful during that period. You can also throw Schlickman (150) in there as well on the line. They got to their blocks and got in the right positions to be successful and it can be done with the kids they will have this season too.- 2007 Ludlow
And that my young friend is why we will continue to disagree. When Lewis was there we did have Chase King as back up. Not as gifted, but a smart player who proved himself after Lewis graduated. The line can be coached well enough to run block and should be coached well enough to be able to perform. That is the responsibility of the coach.- 2007 Ludlow
You are most definitely entitled to your opinion and I wouldn't want it any other way. However, you have to realize that with Ludlow, most players are playing both ways. You know this, since you were there yourself. You also know that fatigue comes in to play. Our offense relied too heavily on Rouse. This year, should he go down for any length of time, we could be in some serious trouble. I'm not saying don't run him, but I am saying don't run him 25 times a game. They have a good running back in the Mills kid. I would run him more and I would attempt it from the I- formation with a fullback leading the way. He makes good cuts and hopefully will be stronger this season. I know you're going to disagree with me, but that, my young friend, is my opinion.- 2007 Ludlow
I know the defense kept us in the Newport game, a 13-6 loss, the Carroll County game and the defensive stand that won the Bellevue game. The offense didn't do alot all year long, which in turn forced the defense to play many more plays. And with most of the players going both ways, you know as well as I do, that fatigue definitely comes in to play.- 2007 Upsets in NKY?
I think that's stretching it a bit.- 2007 Upsets in NKY?
Anyone that writes Beechwood off is nuts!!- Talent or coaching? Or both?
I didn't say talent trumps coaching. I didn't have an opinion one way or the other on it. My post was in response to the one that mentioned the competition in the district.- 2007 Ludlow
Yes he did miss the last couple games with an injury. Hopefully he will be able to take the pounding that goes with varsity football this year, when his chances to perform allow. His big game last year was against Bracken County, but he will have to perform against tougher competition this coming season.- 2007 Ludlow
You not agreeing with me doesn't come as a shock to me at all. But whether you agree or not, our defense did keep us in some games last year, when our offense wasn't or couldn't move the ball. The maturing of some players will be huge this coming season.- 2007 Ludlow
Defense was not that bad last year. It kept us in some games when our offense wasn't moving the ball. You're right Coach Borchers is an excellent defensive coach, and I would think the defense will be respectable again this year.- Talent or coaching? Or both?
Just a little piece of trivia for you all. Prior to Holy Cross starting their football program and joining the NKY 1A district, this was the only district in the state, regardless of size, where each team (Beechwood, NCC, Ludlow, Dayton and Bellevue and Lloyd) had all won a state title in football. I just thought I'd throw that in there for good measure.- 2007 Ludlow
The Panthers will definitely need to stay healthy and keep Mills, Rouse, and Lundsford on the field. Hopefully some of the younger players can step into bigger roles and the offensive and defensive lines will greatly improve. The offense is going to have to be more diverse and develope a traditional running game. Should Rouse go down at QB, it could be a long season.- 2007 Brossart
N I agree completely with what you're saying. I was just curious why NewCath 84 would say they would vie for a second place finish. I'm glad to have them in the district, but I also don't see them finishing or competing for the number 2 spot either. I'm sure they will build a nice program there, just as Holy Cross has done.- Shane Popham has committed to Wake Forest
Congratulations and good luck.- 2007 Brossart
You really think so?- Could CovCath dominate NKY with the right coach?????
I have no worries. My kids played where we lived and I feel pretty good about that. And they got to play college ball too!- Could CovCath dominate NKY with the right coach?????
You're right I don't Boom or his family. My post wasn't meant to be a direct shot at the family, it is just my opinion regarding kids living in one area and going to another area for sports. I am well aware of many students driving well over 15 minutes to go to their respective PAROCHIAL schools as I have a nephew that does the same thing. I still don't like the fact that kids simply pick and choose where they want to play. This isn't college we're talking about here. Now I'm done with the subject, as it is getting off the topic.- Could CovCath dominate NKY with the right coach?????
Please!- Could CovCath dominate NKY with the right coach?????
And this is what irks me about high school sports in general. According to your post your nephew drives from Villa Hills to Ft. Thomas, passing plenty of quality schools. Is your nephew going to get smarter along the way? Is he going to get a D1 scholarship for his travel? I just get tired of reading about all these "elite" programs. It's one thing to live in Villa Hills and go to Beechwood or live in Bromley or W. Covington and go to Ludlow, but Villa Hills to Ft. Thomas.- Interview questions?
At most, if not all, schools there is a trainer on site at each practice. Simply send the player to the trainer and let them evaluate the situation. - Your school's all time Baseball team