I'll try to do one for Harrison Co.

1st Base- Will Renaker

2nd Base- Kiley Vaughn

Shortstop- Chris Snopek

3rd Base- Noochie Varner

Catcher- Brad Allison

Outfielders- Shon Walker, Terry Smith, John Hampton

Pitchers- Eric Asbury, Jody Crump, Brian Brooks

I'm sure Hilltopper and KY Thorobred will have some other names that I can't think of right now.

1st Base- Will Renaker

2nd Base- Kiley Vaughn

Shortstop- Chris Snopek

3rd Base- Noochie Varner

Catcher- Brad Allison

I'm sure Hilltopper and KY Thorobred will have some other names that I can't think of right now.

Looks pretty good to me...I'd throw in Mark Clifford (UK, Pitcher), Brian Williams (I think he went to Harrison, Pitcher), J.B. Schmidt (UK, 2nd Base), Kendall Withers (WKU, Outfield), Richard Dennis (St. Catherine/Alabama-Hunstville/Cumberland, Utility INF), Glenn Scott (Georgetown, Pitcher), Dion Newby (Outfield)...if I can think of any others I will add them.

That would make a very solid 18 add that with coaches Mac Whitaker, Ronnie Herrington, Jim Schmidt, and Don Snopek on the all Harrison County staff, and I would put this team up against anybody.

Looks pretty good to me...I'd throw in Mark Clifford (UK, Pitcher), Brian Williams (I think he went to Harrison, Pitcher), J.B. Schmidt (UK, 2nd Base), Kendall Withers (WKU, Outfield), Richard Dennis (St. Catherine/Alabama-Hunstville/Cumberland, Utility INF), Glenn Scott (Georgetown, Pitcher), Dion Newby (Outfield)...if I can think of any others I will add them.

That would make a very solid 18 add that with coaches Mac Whitaker, Ronnie Herrington, Jim Schmidt, and Don Snopek on the all Harrison County staff, and I would put this team up against anybody.

I knew there were others. Not a bad squad at all.:thumb:

1st Base- Will Renaker

2nd Base- Kiley Vaughn

Shortstop- Chris Snopek

3rd Base- Noochie Varner

Catcher- Brad Allison

That's a decent team...

Not at all. They have had some GREAT players over the years, just not great teams.

I'd have to say I remember some dandies from Beechwood. Steve "fireball" Ahlers who pitched at NKU, Joe List, Jeff Leftin, Louis Broekhoft, Joff Gabbard, Matt Boehmer.

I remember Chris Snopek, would you consider him the best player ever to come out of Harrison Co? I know its a factory down there but didnt ge go on to play in the majors for a few years with the White Sox?

I remember Chris Snopek, would you consider him the best player ever to come out of Harrison Co? I know its a factory down there but didnt ge go on to play in the majors for a few years with the White Sox?

I'd say it would have to be Snopek since he did start for the White Sox when Ventura was hurt. The most talented may have been Shon Walker though. He hit 29 homers his senior year and was drafted in the 1st round by the Pittsburgh Pirates. The best pitcher would have to be Jody Crump who has drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals.

Other notables would be:

Brad Allison- hit 21 homers his senior year and was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks while at Morehead State.

Noochie Varner- Currently playing AA ball for the Cincinnati Reds. He has had a great career in the minors being around a .300 hitter and playing in some all-star games but only being 6' tall hurts him.

I'd say it would have to be Snopek since he did start for the White Sox when Ventura was hurt. The most talented may have been Shon Walker though. He hit 29 homers his senior year and was drafted in the 1st round by the Pittsburgh Pirates. The best pitcher would have to be Jody Crump who has drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals.

Other notables would be:

Brad Allison- hit 21 homers his senior year and was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks while at Morehead State.

Noochie Varner- Currently playing AA ball for the Cincinnati Reds. He has had a great career in the minors being around a .300 hitter and playing in some all-star games but only being 6' tall hurts him.

I remember Shon Walker, he was a great player. I love the name NOOCHIE. That is definitely a name for the major leagues.

I will take a shot at Middlesboro's all-time team

Pitchers: John Smith, Lee Hardin, Floyd Patterson, Jeremy Skidmore

Outfielders: Jeremy Skidmore, Brian Williams, David Kelley, Jeff Kyle, Brian Carter, Justin Stewart

3B- Derrick Wynn, Brad Cawood

SS- Lawerence Buell, Brian Powell

2B- Chad Adkins, Stephen Cambron

1B- Glenn McDonald, Josh Robinson

C- Floyd Patterson, Bill Powell, Aaron Sowders, Vince Powell