Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

oldfootballcoach

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by oldfootballcoach

  1. He says he is going back to Greenup Co.
  2. Murray Owensboro Cath. Glasgow Danville CAL NCC P-Burg Middlesboro These are my 8 picks to win their districts.
  3. Hopkinsville Bowling Green John Hardin Oldham Co. Highlands Johnson Cent. Southwestern Whitley Co. I think that these 8 teams will win their districts.
  4. Marshall Co. Meade Co. St. X Male Trinity Ryle Lafayette Scott County I think these are the 8 teams that will win their districts.
  5. P.Tilghman Russellville??? E-Town Spencer Co. Somerset Breathitt Co. Russell Belfry I think these teams will win their districts. Remember to win your districts now, you must win the 2nd. round playoff game.
  6. Mayfield Holy Cross Beechwood Frankfort LCA Lynn Camp Hazard Pikeville I think these are the teams that will win their district. To win the district now you must win the 2nd. round game in the playoffs.
  7. Calloway Co. Warren E. Western Bullitt E. Harrison Co. Lex. Cath. Bell Co. Boyd Co. I think these are the teams that will win their districts. Remember to win the district now the way they have the playoff system is to win the 2nd. round game.
  8. Don't know which kid, but a player from Middlesboro in 1998.
  9. I think they have already said that there will be 3 games on Fri. and 3 on Sat.
  10. Yeah kids have been getting their letters this week.
  11. Well they have never had a winning season, that will now change with the new head coach Mike Whitaker.
  12. They have one of the best Head Coaches around, for Pikeville I hope that they can keep him there. Cause he will take them to Louisville soon.
  13. When the HC took this job, he surprised us all by saying he would win a state title at PCC, well he may want to get to the playoffs, and win a game first.
  14. It was a down year for P-burg last season, I look for them to be back to the top.
  15. Well I think they need to get better. They are the 3rd best team in their county.
  16. Why could Johnson Central not play this game?
  17. KCU inks 3 Tomcats By ROCKY STANLEY / The Independent ASHLAND — Ashland Tomcat seniors Michael Walters, Travis Gallaher and Chris Hall couldn’t bear the thought of letting football go. Not to worry. All three will be sticking together after signing Thursday afternoon to attend Kentucky Christian University. Not far away, Tomcat assistant coach Tony Love watched the trio sit side by side as they made their signatures. “I think there’s a comfort when you can do that,’’ Love said. “These guys have worked together in the weight room the last four years and challenged each other. The biggest thing they have is their support for each other.’’ KCU’s new program is stocking up on local players and the Ashland trio couldn’t be happier. Michael Walters, a three-year starter at center, savored the moment. “It’s just a good ending to something that was already great,’’ said Walters, a 6-foot-2, 330-pounder. “All the time you put in practicing and in the weight room, it’s all worth it in the end. To go play four more years, it’s awesome.’’ The three Tomcats played key roles last season as Ashland went 9-3 and advanced to the second round of the Class 3A playoffs. Gallaher started three years as a defensive tackle and also played offensive guard last season. “I love to play the game,’’ said Gallaher, who received All-Area honors. “We had a pretty good season. After the first game, we all came together.’’ Gallaher figured his football-playing days were probably over before KCU expressed interest. “I’m really excited about going out there,’’ he said. “At first I wasn’t sure. My friends were going, so I went for a visit. It seems like that’s the right place for me to go play football.’’ Probably nobody on the Tomcat squad was more enthusiastic about the game than Hall. A 5-9, 185-pounder, Hall suffered a torn ACL as a junior, but returned and played through several injuries to help spearhead Ashland’s defense. “I love hitting people,’’ Hall said. “I think you have to play every down like it’s your last. I’m ready to do that at the upper level.’’ KCU coach Dane Damron said he is pleased to have the Tomcat trio aboard. “We are excited to get all three of those kids because we know they come from an outstanding program,’’ Damron said. “Coach (Leon) Hart does a great job. One thing we know is that when those players get on campus, we are not going to have to teach them how to work.’’ KCU now has 62 in-coming freshmen. “We feel like we’re off to a great start,’’ Damron said. “We will be breaking ground soon on our facility building, so there’s a lot of excitement here right now.’’ Love said the three players will be missed in Ashland’s locker room. “The thing I’m probably most pleased with about these guys is their leadership and sacrifice,’’ Love said.
  18. I heard he may be an asst. coach at Dunbar.
  19. Thanks. Glad to hear he is there.
  20. How come he is not on their spring roster?
  21. Add Joey White of Boyd County to the list.
  22. I agree they are doing a great job recruiting all over. But Dane is not the only one doing the recruiting, Dane and his staff he has out there are doing a wonderful job. So I believe with Dane and that staff we should see some really well coached teams.
  23. I was told tonight, that last week he was up in Grayson at KCU for a visit.
  24. Yes they have signed, and sent it in to the school. But then they have a signing at school for everyone and stuff to see. But the real LOI has already been sent in.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.