Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LuckyEddie

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LuckyEddie

  1. Sources tell me (last weekend) that R Hammonds to LCC isnt necessarily a done deal yet. This could have changed this week, but that's just what I was told.
  2. Whether is happened in the first quarter or last it still effected the game. Greenup might have had opportunities to overcome the error, but I disagree that it didnt have an effect.
  3. North Laurel has a very good team. They played extremely well last night at the Cordia Tournament. Fundamentally sound, few mistakes, and very patient. I saw preseason they were 7 or 8. There is no way there are 7 better teams than them in the 13th.
  4. Well, it's not going to be Trimble. The other two possibilities (PCC and formerly of KCC) have backed out. No prospects in sight.
  5. My guess is it will be Les Trimble, not Randy McCoy.
  6. I'm hearing of someone named Cassidy as the new leader of the girls team. Anyone confirm?
  7. It is true that Lawrence Co is without a Girls coach at this time.
  8. That might be the funniest post I've ever read:laugh:
  9. I always thought that David Jeff would come back and coach his boy?
  10. No offense Pat Man, but "Justin" and "energy" are words that would never be in the same sentence. I'd tell him the same thing. To be nice I'll say mellow is a correct adjective. Maybe he's changed. On the contrary, while he was on the court he did assume a different personality, which usually meant he was all hustle. Maybe that is how he'll be while coaching. I'm glad for him and wish him all the best. He is a good guy.
  11. Congrats, Crab. That's what Justin's nickname was in college. He has far exceeded my expectations for him. Good luck.
  12. I believe the position (coach) has evolved to a place in which too many people have a say so/ influence in your program. Coaches used to work for the principal. Now they work for the kids, parents, AAU coaches, etc. Coaches used to have the final say-so. That is often not true today. Used to teachers/ coaches word was always right and kids were punished as a result. Today, the kids word/ version is always right (believed) and the coaches are left powerless. I've not even got into the money or lack of part of it and I think I've said enough as to why quality coaches get out. Of course, this is just my opinion.
  13. I understand, Dawg. I was just trying to get a recap of how the last inning went down. If you cant do it without giving your opinion on decisions made, no problem. I would have a hard time too.
  14. Nice post BuckMaster. Thank you for your input.
  15. Same here, dawg. How did LC lose it? Tell me about the last inning.
  16. I wasnt able to attend the game last night, but looks like LC came close but no cigar. Hopefully this will motivate all involved to work a little harder this offseason. This new baby should be here sometime before next season. I dont know his immediate plans, but it should be interesting to see what he decides.
  17. Dirty Dawg, that's very difficult in a society that has trained kids to think in an "immediate satisfaction" mindset. In other words, kids today, for the most part, dont have to work for things like we did way back when. More often than not if a kid wants something he gets it. I'm speaking of material things. I think this translates over into the sports world as well. These kids that have been on the winning LC teams thought that just because they step onto the field that they would win. When that didnt happen it was very easy to just give up instead of having to do something that they've never had to do, which is fight for it. This is something that in years past, Blevins, Compton, Barnett, Pope, Howard, Parker were relied on to do. This group will have to learn to how to win to prove once again that LC is one of the elite programs in eastern KY if not the state. Programs dont rebuild, they reload. We'll see what LC is made of soon enough. I'm eager to see Coach Keatons plans for the future since he is going to be a father... AGAIN! He isnt as young as he used to be:sssh:
  18. I think this group can "learn" to overcome obstacles and pull victory from the jaws of defeat but it will have to be next year. I dont see it this year. I think they are too thin on the mound and they arent scoring enough runs. Look at the # of runs they are scoring during this 10 out of 12 games for losses, 1, 2, or 3 runs. This might have worked last year when they had Blevins, Compton and Co. but not this year. Good luck to the Dawgs tonight!
  19. Absolutely. Hop on board and help or keep your mouth shut.
  20. Potential yes, experience doing it...no. This group has won at least three in a row only once this year. I dont see it happening but like you said, "stranger things have happened". It would make for a good story since the last two years they were supposedly the favorite in the 16th and didnt even make it to the 16th regionals.
  21. I believe concession stand work SHOULD be required of all parents (provided they are physically able) if their child is on the team. Field work and grounds maintenance are all another story. I see no reason why every parent cant contribute one night. How many home games a year? How many players on the team? I would think that no one parent would have to work more than 2 home games.
  22. I'd say if anything was said right now it wouldnt be too positive considering the season they are having. Losing Humphrey to Paintsville before season began hurt the team but would he have been that much of a difference maker? You tell me. I believe the dawgs had high hopes in a successful season since they moved to the 15th and didnt have to deal with BC and PGB to get to the Regionals, but having to play SC at Inez tonight could be too much to ask of this young team.
  23. The "will work for PT for my child" obligation hasnt always worked. I am familiar with an instance in which a parent totally dedicated time, money, and effort to the program and had so for many years. SR season rolls around and the child is relegated to mop up pitching duties and some spot time at first. Years prior the child had been everyday starter/ starting pitcher. He got bumped by some up and coming younger player. My point being that just because a parent puts some extra effort into the program, doesnt mean the coach will play the kid. As for an earlier post concerning CJ. He was always an above average player from rookie league on. Baseball has been his life since he was old enough to throw a ball and he was good at it. That is a totally different situation than someone being on JV when they are a JR and told to look for something else for next season. Which is what I thought this thread was about??? Do you think if Jordan (Michael) hadnt got cut that he would have had the drive to be as successful as he was? Who knows. But I do know that sometimes coaches use various strategies to motivate players. If a coach has tried every method he knows and still no success, I can see why he/ she would use the "look for something else" method. If the player gives up then you're only out a SR who might possibly have a bad attitude because he's not playing more. If he busts his tail to prove you wrong then you've got a much imporved player who can contribute to the team his SR year. Of course, this is only my opinion.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.