Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

13th Region

Featured Replies

Seems like it's pretty wide open this year. What's your picks?

 

North Laurel and South Laurel will both be solid, as will Clay County. I figure for Jackson County to be improved. Corbin looks like they might backslide just a bit, given what they lost. Same with Whitley Co.

 

What about over on the eastern end of the region? I don't get to see those teams as much.

  • Author

Gosh, don't all chime in at once.

I hope getting Burchett back will help South,just hoping they can stay injury free this year.

I think Clay co. will back on top again this year. They lost Jayme Gilbert, she is playing at Georgetown now. She was a big time player for the Tigers last season. But Clay has a few other players that can step up and play. I look forward to seeing how this region plays out. Should be interesting.

Clay County has a 6'1" 8th grader (Whitney Belle Jackson) who will be a huge factor on this years team in addition to the other experience players they have returning including Page Jackson, Stephanie Jackson, Gemma Gray (recovering from ACL surgery), Maleah Roberts and Sarah Burchell. Also look for contributions from 6"0" Jr. Jessica Mosley and 5'11 freshman Jordan Phillips.

Sounds like Clay county sure grows some tall players.Are they hold backs for sports? Just wondering?

North will have some adjusting to do with their Hall of Fame 'new' coach, but they do have some talent. If the girls listen to Coach Bowling, they could have a very solid year in 2006-2007! And knowing Roy like I do, ... if they don't listen to him, ... they will have a great seat to watch the games! ;)

I think that Clay County is going to have a very strong team this year. I look for the younger players to take on a lot of the load that Gilbert shouldered.

Clay County has 2 8th graders who are 6'1. Whitney Jackson just turned 14 in September, and Whitney Shell won't turn 14 until March of 2007. The middle school program has went undefeated 3 of the last 4 years. The future looks bright for the Lady Tigers.

Seems like it's pretty wide open this year. What's your picks?

 

North Laurel and South Laurel will both be solid, as will Clay County. I figure for Jackson County to be improved. Corbin looks like they might backslide just a bit, given what they lost. Same with Whitley Co.

 

What about over on the eastern end of the region? I don't get to see those teams as much.

 

I think your slighting Whitley a bit.

The Lady Colonels should be better this season dspite the graduation of Haynes.

Brimm and McCullah are solid.

North Laurel has a very good team. They played extremely well last night at the Cordia Tournament. Fundamentally sound, few mistakes, and very patient. I saw preseason they were 7 or 8. There is no way there are 7 better teams than them in the 13th.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.