Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

57th District Tourney...Who wins?

Featured Replies

A few weeks ago I would have said everyone but Magoffin has a shot, but now with Lawrence losing 8 of 10 since May 1st and with them and Sheldon Clark would have to win two games to make it to the district finals, I will say Johnson Central and Paintsville are again the favorites.

 

What are your all thoughts?

Paintsville....

 

No Doubt they are the favored after the DRAW.

 

2nd Choice would have to JC.

 

Lawrence and Sheldon Clark would have to go three deep in the pitching rotation to win.

LC certainly has the potential to pull off an upset-stranger things have happened!!

Potential yes, experience doing it...no. This group has won at least three in a row only once this year. I dont see it happening but like you said, "stranger things have happened". It would make for a good story since the last two years they were supposedly the favorite in the 16th and didnt even make it to the 16th regionals.

I actually wonder if its that they don't have the talent or if they don't have the heart/they sure have been notorious for giving up this year-but it it baseball and its anybody's game on any given night?

I think this group can "learn" to overcome obstacles and pull victory from the jaws of defeat but it will have to be next year. I dont see it this year. I think they are too thin on the mound and they arent scoring enough runs. Look at the # of runs they are scoring during this 10 out of 12 games for losses, 1, 2, or 3 runs. This might have worked last year when they had Blevins, Compton and Co. but not this year. Good luck to the Dawgs tonight!

Ya got me there, Lucky. Bats have been pretty inconsistent this season-pitching isn't all THAT bad but has potential to become really strong in the next season or two. And I shouldn't worry about the kids being down and out-can you blame them? I'm sure its very hard for those who have been on winning teams in the past to have such an "off" year-can't teach young men patience-meaning that they will be very strong in years to come but how do you convince teenagers of that?

Dirty Dawg, that's very difficult in a society that has trained kids to think in an "immediate satisfaction" mindset. In other words, kids today, for the most part, dont have to work for things like we did way back when. More often than not if a kid wants something he gets it. I'm speaking of material things. I think this translates over into the sports world as well. These kids that have been on the winning LC teams thought that just because they step onto the field that they would win. When that didnt happen it was very easy to just give up instead of having to do something that they've never had to do, which is fight for it. This is something that in years past, Blevins, Compton, Barnett, Pope, Howard, Parker were relied on to do. This group will have to learn to how to win to prove once again that LC is one of the elite programs in eastern KY if not the state. Programs dont rebuild, they reload. We'll see what LC is made of soon enough.

 

I'm eager to see Coach Keatons plans for the future since he is going to be a father... AGAIN! He isnt as young as he used to be:sssh:

Eddie, I think I like you already!!! Sounds very much as though we think alot alike!! True, kids today have no idea how to do "chores" to earn all the expensive equipment the they have to have or they'll DIE. It of course our fault as parents for making it that way-we certainly don't them to have it as terrible has we had it-haha. Of course I am speaking for my own situation, but you can only encourage and brag on a kid so much-they have to learn self respect, trust, self confidence (not cockiness), etc on their own and until they "cut the cord" so to speak, they will not step up and be leaders nor will they have the desire to win that athletes in "my day" had. My guys could not wait to get on the field to play whatever sport it was. These kids act as though it is an invasion of their time, but yet they still want to be there?? Go figure?? An even funnier, my guys only 1 glove, 1 bat, etc. The kids now have to have a special glove for every position on the field, a bat for every kind of pitcher, every possible training aid, etc. Maybe that's what has happened to LC? I agree they have always had a good program and from what I hear a good coach. Do you think a new baby will impact his coaching career?

I wasnt able to attend the game last night, but looks like LC came close but no cigar. Hopefully this will motivate all involved to work a little harder this offseason. This new baby should be here sometime before next season. I dont know his immediate plans, but it should be interesting to see what he decides.

Aw Eddie, what a game. LC played their hearts out!! Went into the 7th up 6-5 but just couldn't hold 'em in the top. Pitching changes hurt but the Cards are tough, I'll give them that. Better watch my Dawgs in the future-they'll be back!! Enjoyed our discussion!

Same here, dawg. How did LC lose it? Tell me about the last inning.

Well, Eddie you know we all have an opinion and I am full of them BUT I do recognize that what I think did happen or should have happened are irrelevant. And of course hindsight is 20/20 so we can second guess for weeks to come about the "what ifs". I do know it was a heart breaker for LC and all involved

I understand, Dawg. I was just trying to get a recap of how the last inning went down. If you cant do it without giving your opinion on decisions made, no problem. I would have a hard time too.

Well you know its easy for me ( and everyone else) to question a coach's decisions-I know what I would have done in the top 7th but he decided to try something else. Would that have changed the outcome? I think so but again I am not a coach-only an opinionated fan!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.