Everything posted by GPCENTER
-
Scott 2009/2010
Who will get the last starting position and be key contributors off the bench this year?
-
Scott 48 Bishop Brossart 44
Congratulations to the Eagles and to Coach Carr and his entire coaching staff. EJ, Daniel and Kellen great to see you make the all tourney team and MVP well deserved. Now on to Regionals!
-
Scott 64 Cooper 35
Congrats to the Eagles and Scott's seniors. Great 20th win! Good luck in the post season!
-
Scott 51 Conner 46
Don't misread my post. I believe Coach Carr knows the game of basketball and is an excellent coach in teaching his players the game. I believe the comment I referenced puts a lot of pressure on Kellen and makes other players who work hard feel a little less important. I was not bothered by other quotes, of course he needs to challenge his players, he needs leaders on the floor. My comment was that one player does not need to feel he needs to put the whole team on his back. That's why it's a team. No axe to grind, not trying to ruffle any Eagle feathers.
-
Scott 51 Conner 46
Great "Team" win by the Eagles! Here is my question: Why would a coach with a masters degree in Instructional (important word here) Leadership make a statement in todays Enquirer quote "He has put this team on his back"? Wouldn't a true leader try to unite a team so close to the post season? Perhaps he should take notes from Billy Gillespie when he was asked about Meeks. A team is not made by the play of just one player. If it were it wouldn't be a TEAM sport! This has no disrepect for this particular player, he is doing a great job, as is all the Eagles.
-
Scott 100 Bracken County 55
Final
-
Scott 53 Campbell County 51
Way to finish Eagles! A little scary at the buzzer, Jolly's ball was in and out. Good play by all the Eagles tonight. EJ was in the zone in the first half but then got into foul trouble. Kellen was impressive tonight, he did everything outside shooting, driving to the hole and some great assists. Great job by Andrew and Jake off the bench. Good luck on Friday!
-
Scott 71 Pendleton County 43
Anyone have any stats or recap on the game. I didn't see any information in the Enquirer.
-
Scott 54 Cov. Holy Cross 50 (OT)
I think Kellen is a scrappy player, however as a young player he will make mistakes. I was just pointing out he may want to look on the wing to pass, he seems to try to throw it in to Daniel and Nikola alot. At least the games I've seen him in.
-
Scott 54 Cov. Holy Cross 50 (OT)
Not sure why Giwa sat the first four mintues of the game, but it may have cost the Indians in last nights contest. But I do have to admire a coach who has such convictions and sticks to his principles. Now for the players of Scott. As an observer this is what I can recount from the game. EJ: good job the entire game. Nick: lots of turnovers, his strength is cutting to the rim, not dribbling. Kellen: too many turnovers. I'm not sure he sees the floor as well as some think. He tries to feed the ball down low in heavy traffic when there is an open man on the wing. Possibly inexperience rearing it's ugly head. Daniel: good job, however he needs to get stronger, the ball was stripped out of his hands too often and too easily. Nikola: Did not play to his preseaon status of a top 10th region player. He needs to turn and shoot when in the paint, not put the ball on the floor. He was the biggest man on the floor and should have dominated down low. Keylo, Stefan and Andrew: nice job off the bench. They needed you in for a few more minutes, the starters once again got tired at the end.
-
Mason Co 69 Scott 48
This game was a learning experience for players and Coach Carr alike. I don't think the players choked, they became physically and mentally exhausted. Once again Carr refused to utilize his bench to allow the starters to rest. They came within five and then were down by 15. Rest was allowed too little too late.
-
Scott 67 Lewis Co. 54
Seriously? Maybe they should only go in for 30 seconds we wouldn't want them costing the Eagles the game.
-
Scott 67 Lewis Co. 54
Coach Carr played 10 last night. Keylo and Jake were the only JV players to see any minutes.
-
Scott/North Oldham Scrimmage
I heard Jake is injured, any truth to that?
-
Campbell Co 2008/2009
Is Nick Hiller back to 100% from his injury?
-
Dixie Heights 2008/2009
Who is back for Dixie from last year? Who will be in the starting line-up?
-
Scott 2008/2009
What is the latest prognosis on Nick Hiller's injury?
-
Holy Cross (Covington) 2008/2009
Will Jordan Fortner and Eric Sullivan be playing and what wll be their role?Starters or off the bench?
-
Scott 2008/2009
The philosophy of most coaches are the best players play. I guess I am old school and love to see seniors be given the opportunity to play and start after the hours of hard work and commitment into a program. Let them experience the excitement of starting on their home court in front of their fans. You never know how players will develop when given the chance. Of course I think with my heart not my head, and remember my high school days. My how things have changed!
-
Scott 2008/2009
Have the Eagles been playing any summer ball? Haven't seen their name come up in any threads.
-
Brossart 55 Scott 54
[quote=Tiger1;2110610 Scott goes 6 of 15 from the free throw line tonight and missed around 5 open lay-ups. This cost them the game. This team needs to shoot a lot of jump shots and free throws in practice. This quote was from the Brossart game last year. I recalled hearing about this alot. I watched last nights game and thought they shot well from the free throw line. I didn't realize about the calvary game or by the end of last season they were shooting better than 70%. Just wanted to let them know they are doing something great! I have a feeling it may be a very long season.
-
Harrison County 80 Scott 77
Nikola had a great game as well as Nick Hiller. JV team came off the bench for a lot of minutes and played hard after completing an entire game. I think Kellan Smith and Andrew Wilson played extremely well. This team may not be winning, but one thing they are doing better this year than last is converting at the charity stripe. Free throw percentage is way up.
-
2007/2008 Scott
Scott will be fine. Great coaches and a group of young kids who are smart, nice and very coachable.
-
2007/2008 Scott
Why wouldn't Baker play? Did he not try out?
-
2007/2008 Scott
Does Scott have any players returning with any varsity experience?