Scott 54 Cov. Holy Cross 50 (OT)

HC was in a hole early, but kept the margin managable. Egan, or Giwa didn't start for the Indians for unknown reasons. The Indians battled back late third quarter and took a small lead, but the Eagles fought tooth and nail. At the end of the 4th I believe it was tied at 49 and Scott had another free throw to shoot and #13 stepped in the circle for a lane violation. So then it goes to OT and HC couldn't hit free throws. Scott Wins...

Great atmosphere I might add..

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HC was in a hole early, but kept the margin managable. Egan, or Giwa didn't start for the Indians for unknown reasons. The Indians battled back late third quarter and took a small lead, but the Eagles fought tooth and nail. At the end of the 4th I believe it was tied at 49 and Scott had another free throw to shoot and #13 stepped in the circle for a lane violation. So then it goes to OT and HC couldn't hit free throws. Scott Wins...

Great atmosphere I might add..

How bad would you feel if you lost because of a lane violation? Nice win for the Eagles.

Let me preface the following with the fact that my next varsity win as a head coach will be my first. So...

I do have to question Coach Carr's strategy of pressing HC. HC is a team that struggles in the half court due to no inside presence and not much outside shooting and very little quickness with one exception. Why press them and give them the easy layups that let them back in the game?

Let me preface the following with the fact that my next varsity win as a head coach will be my first. So...

I do have to question Coach Carr's strategy of pressing HC. HC is a team that struggles in the half court due to no inside presence and not much outside shooting and very little quickness with one exception. Why press them and give them the easy layups that let them back in the game?

It was a fine strategy until Giwa came in. I thought for sure they'd pull it off after that.

At the end of the 4th I believe it was tied at 49 and Scott had another free throw to shoot and #13 stepped in the circle for a lane violation. ..

Scott made the first shot to tie it up. Coach Carr told #13 to guard Giwa . Giwa was standing on the 3 point line behind the FT shooter. #13 starts to get between the endline and Giwa before the 2nd FT is shot. The problem is that he's inside the circle when he does this. Violation. No FT shot.

First time I've seen that one.

Great game by both teams. Scott is a solid team. I really like Murray he is a solid player and controlled Scott out there and made clutch shots. Great kid as well.

If Holy Cross has Shina Giwa in the 1st five I think they win this game in regulation. Also great play from Eric Sullivan tonight for the Indians, he really battled with #13.