Scott 54 Cov. Holy Cross 50 (OT)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Scott at full strength?

I don't think Scott was missing anyone last night. I know Giwa and Egan did not start for HC last night.

I don't think Scott played well in the game but they made big plays and big shots to stay in the game. In the end Scott just made 1-2 more plays than HC.

This is a rivalry type game as the kids live in the same neighborhoods, eat at the same restaurants and basically grow up together. The games are usually close but not always well played because they are so familiar with each other.

Wow, sounds like an exciting ending. Just looking at the score, I'm guessing both teams strength is at the defensive end of the floor. Holy Cross appears to be better than most thought at the beginning of the season. Giwa is the real deal and his supporting cast are finding their roles. Congrats to Scott on the hard earned victory.

Not sure why Giwa sat the first four mintues of the game, but it may have cost the Indians in last nights contest. But I do have to admire a coach who has such convictions and sticks to his principles. Now for the players of Scott. As an observer this is what I can recount from the game. EJ: good job the entire game. Nick: lots of turnovers, his strength is cutting to the rim, not dribbling. Kellen: too many turnovers. I'm not sure he sees the floor as well as some think. He tries to feed the ball down low in heavy traffic when there is an open man on the wing. Possibly inexperience rearing it's ugly head. Daniel: good job, however he needs to get stronger, the ball was stripped out of his hands too often and too easily. Nikola: Did not play to his preseaon status of a top 10th region player. He needs to turn and shoot when in the paint, not put the ball on the floor. He was the biggest man on the floor and should have dominated down low. Keylo, Stefan and Andrew: nice job off the bench. They needed you in for a few more minutes, the starters once again got tired at the end.

If Scott takes care of the ball, makes free throws, and is physical they win this game by 10+. They are lacking in physicalness right now and are struggling on the boards. Giwa is a good player but Scott i thought handled him well and played good on him. If they handle the zone HC ran they would of been fine but it threw them out of their rythem. Kola and O'Conner need to get bigger down low and show a presence on the boards. But overall a good win for the Eagles.

If Scott takes care of the ball, makes free throws, and is physical they win this game by 10+. They are lacking in physicalness right now and are struggling on the boards. Giwa is a good player but Scott i thought handled him well and played good on him. If they handle the zone HC ran they would of been fine but it threw them out of their rythem. Kola and O'Conner need to get bigger down low and show a presence on the boards. But overall a good win for the Eagles.

Maybe, but the same case could be made for Holy Cross as well with turnovers early and BAD free throw shooting late.