Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 2008/2009

Featured Replies

What does Scott need to do to improve in 2008/2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott should be considered one of the favorites in the district but Campbell County and Brossart should be very solid as well.

 

Scott has a lot experience coming back with a returning All Region Honorable Mention player in PF Gligoravic (sp ??) and senior guards Hiller and Murray to handle the scoring. Incoming junior center O'Conner started last half of the season and made a pretty solid contribution. The point guard postion will need to replace Jordan Adkins but his primary back up last season was a freshmen who saw a lot of minutes last season so I would anticipate Smith becoming the fifth starter.

 

I would think that Scott would be much improved over last season based on the post season run and the experience these players gained. The constant is going to be Coach Carr. They are going to play hard and be well coached.

  • Author

I have all the respect for this team and their coach. They play hard and are very well coached. Look for them to make some noise in the 10th this year.

Have the Eagles been playing any summer ball? Haven't seen their name come up in any threads.

They were at the Simon Kenton camp.

Nikola and O'conner will make a good inside game and Murray will contribute, I look from Scott to win this District.

Scott should be considered one of the favorites in the district but Campbell County and Brossart should be very solid as well.

 

Scott has a lot experience coming back with a returning All Region Honorable Mention player in PF Gligoravic (sp ??) and senior guards Hiller and Murray to handle the scoring. Incoming junior center O'Conner started last half of the season and made a pretty solid contribution. The point guard postion will need to replace Jordan Adkins but his primary back up last season was a freshmen who saw a lot of minutes last season so I would anticipate Smith becoming the fifth starter.

 

I would think that Scott would be much improved over last season based on the post season run and the experience these players gained. The constant is going to be Coach Carr. They are going to play hard and be well coached.

 

They will be really solid this year...return practically everybody.

They improved leaps and bounds from the beginning of the season to the end.

 

Eagle Pride is County Wide.

Nikola and O'conner will make a good inside game and Murray will contribute, I look from Scott to win this District.

 

I think Scott should be considered a co-favorite to win this district along with Campbell County. I think CC has a chance to be very good as well. If CC can get consistent guard play I would probably give them a slight edge over Scott in the district with Brossart being a very, very close third.

The keys for the eagles will be their maturity, bench play and point guard play. They should have alot of depth. Several players may need to accept lesser or more specified roles and if this happens things should look up in Taylor Mill. Hiller will need step up his game and lead since he is a three year varsity player and two year starter. Look for Nikola to have a huge year. Murray will need to increase his scoring and become a little bit more diverse.

I look for Scott to have a pretty good year. I think they will win around 18 games maybe more. They are in a tough district and will have to contend with CC and Brossart to get to the regional. However, I do think they will make it to the regional and at least get to the semi-finals, maybe the finals based on their draw. I do think their chances of getting to Rupp is very tough with Mason and Clark standing in their way.

  • Author
I look for Scott to have a pretty good year. I think they will win around 18 games maybe more. They are in a tough district and will have to contend with CC and Brossart to get to the regional. However, I do think they will make it to the regional and at least get to the semi-finals, maybe the finals based on their draw. I do think their chances of getting to Rupp is very tough with Mason and Clark standing in their way.

 

Scott may fly under the radar this year for some posters , but I look for them to make some noise in the post season. They are the one team I don't want my cards to draw. Well coached and play with so much heart.

 

All good points that you made.:thumb:

The keys for the eagles will be their maturity, bench play and point guard play. They should have alot of depth. Several players may need to accept lesser or more specified roles and if this happens things should look up in Taylor Mill. Hiller will need step up his game and lead since he is a three year varsity player and two year starter. Look for Nikola to have a huge year. Murray will need to increase his scoring and become a little bit more diverse.

 

 

I look for Nikola to have a monster year. I think O'Conners development will allow Nikola to expand his game and show off his range. If he can step outside and knock down jumpshots consistently along with his inside game he can become a match up problem for most teams.

 

Hiller and Murray give you two guards who can score and be physical on the defensive side. Smith will only be a soph but has shown flashes that he can be a very good player at this level.

 

Scott has a very tough schedule that might not translate to a lot of wins but they have shown that they know how to win down the stretch in the post season.

I know that everyone of the Scott's players have been in the weight room and playing AAU basketball all summer. Jacob Neiderregger could possibly be the 5th starter or 6th man. I believe him and Smith will will share those two spots. I also agree with Oconner and Nikola. Those two together, will cause lots of problems.

Is O'Conner the son of the former Latin star?

Yes he is. His dad played at Cov Latin and graduated at the age of 16 or 17 and played at Thomas More I believe.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.