Everything posted by romeo 4 president
-
Simon Kenton / Pendleton County Scrimmage
Did Pendleton even come close to scoring?? Who played QB for the Cats? Hopefully SK is supposed to have a good year or it could be a long first year for Lee Teegarden in Falmouth.
-
Fall Ball
Thanks :thumb:
-
Fall Ball
Could you pass along the info to me please? I am on a high school team looking for a fall league.
-
Boys soccer season starts in 3 weeks
Pendleton County will try to make it three region 12 titles in a row this year. :thumb:
-
Classing Baseball?
:thumb: I agree completely.
-
Lex Cath 5 St. Xavier 3
That was a great play. Revere is a very good ballplayer from the few games I have seen him play. How old is he?
-
Lexington Catholic 6 Beechwood 4
What a great run by the Tigers. They have nothing to be ashamed of. They went farther than most people thought they would.:thumb:
-
LexCath 5 South Laurel 0
Didn't South Laurel beat the Knights earlier in the year? What happened to the Cards' bats?
-
Bourbon County 8 Bishop Brossart 3
What time is the championship tommorrrow? I would like to come up and root for the Colonels to take down mighty Harrison County.
-
Harrison County 7 GRC 3
Clark outhit the Breds 9-7 and Harrison makes 4 errors, and they still win? There must have been a homer or two by Custard or somebody for them to pull this one out. I have to give Harrison credit, even on a so-called "down" year in terms of schedule and who they played, Coach Whitaker has his team in the region finals. Clark was the favorite going in to the tourney, so I guess Harrison has to be the favorite to win it all now.
-
Brossart 3 Pendleton 1
What time/day are the semifinals and finals of the region?
-
Brossart 3 Pendleton 1
Gutsy performance by pitcher Kris Fields and the Cats. This makes it two years in a row PC has lost in the late innings of the first round of region, on a two-run homer. Murph Howard once again proves that his method of scheduling and coaching works, once his team gets to the postseason. This is a young team and a young region as a whole, and will continue to get better in the coming years.
-
10th Region Draw
I look for all the games with the exception of Clark/Bracken to be pretty competitive. That Harrison/Scott game should be a real good one.
-
10th Region Favorite?
You may be right, but I do think that the future for this program is bright, with only two starters not returning, and only one starting pitcher gone. There was a couple of games this year where the Cats didn't have an upperclassmen starting in the entire infield. This experience should help them for future years.
-
10th Region Favorite?
I agree to a point, but remember what PC almost did to the Breds last year. Baseball is the best game in the world, because on a given day any team can beat any other team, and every one has a shot. Stranger things have happened, even though the chances of an upset by the Polar Bears or Cats are pretty slim, I have to admit.
-
10th Region Favorite?
I think any team in order to advance far in the postseason has to have some luck. You can't win region and not get a lot of breaks. This region tourney is wide open, and I am just guessing that the Colonels will get the breaks and advance to state sectional play. GO BROWNS!
-
Dunbar 6 LCA 0
Big upset. Dunbar pitcher must have pitched an absolute gem to shutout that lineup.
-
10th Region Favorite?
Despite their loss to the Cardinals in the district championship, I am going to pick Bourbon County in an upset over Clark County in the region championship game.
-
Harrison County 12 Pendleton County 0
There is no doubt Harrison has got a good ballclub this year, but I think if they would have played the level of competition that the Cats played, they would not have had 20 wins. In his three years in Falmouth, Coach Murph Howard has not had the best regular season records, but because of the difficult schedule he plays, his teams always play there best baseball in the postseason. For instance, this year in the final week of the season, PC played Boone County, and at Henry Clay and Mercer County, the latter two being top 20 teams. I think PC is a sleeper pick to get a upset or two in the region tourney if they get the right draw.
-
Pendleton County 9 Nicholas County 0
Great win for the Cats, Kris Fields pitched an absolute gem. His curveball kept the Nicholas County hitters off balance all night. If PC can play defense and hit the ball Wednesday afternoon, the Breds might be in for a tough ballgame. Coach Murph Howard always gets his kids ready for the postseason, and this year he has shown the same.
-
38th District Predictions
Who would you consider the Harrison County ace, and what are some of his stats?
-
38th District Predictions
They are a very good hitting team as always, but I think the thing that will prevent them from winning the region is there defense. They are average defensively, but not good enough to win region. Who have they lost to this year? I haven't really been keeping up with them.
-
Boone County 11 Cov Cath 7
What position does this kid play? Does he pitch? If he is anywhere close defensively to where he is at the plate, he should be getting some major college offers in the future.
-
38th District Predictions
I agree with the PC/HC showdown in the championship, but I guess you forgot what the Cats almost did to Harrison in the regional tourney last year. Without Custard's two out blast in the bottom of the seventh, Harrison would've been knocked out in the first round of region. If you remember correctly, Pendleton didn't have that good of a record last year either, but they came ready to play in the postseason. I am not saying they will pull off the upset, but I don't think it will be as big a margin as you think it will be.
-
38th District Predictions
It is Deming versus Harrison County in the first game at 5, then Nicholas County and Pendleton County square off in the nightcap on Monday night. Deming is young and might be good in a couple of years, but right now I don't think they will give Harrison much of a game. However the second game is very interesting. Nicholas County swept the season series from the Cats, but Coach Murph Howard has almost always found a way to get his kids playing there best baseball in the postseason so far in his short tenure in Falmouth. I think Harrison wil beat the Black Devils in 5, and PC beats Nicholas in the second game to advance to the district championship against the Breds in Cynthiana. What do you all think?