Everything posted by JayRaySL
-
Tom Larkey to Harlan?
But I see you are from Harlan,so I will definitely take your word for it.
-
Tom Larkey to Harlan?
The folks I have talked to in Harlan say they will be 6a.But I have no clue.
-
Tom Larkey to Harlan?
Harlan high could very well win the third in its first year with all the combined talent and Larkey coaching. But then comes 6A after that; and I honestly think they will compete with the likes of Henry Clay and such But just like HC, Male and all other non-collegiate programs,they will be watching St.X vs.Trinity in the championship every year.
-
Tom Larkey to Harlan?
on what I think is a no-brainer hire in Larkey as there new head coach.I wish Laurel Co. hadn't run him off years ago.
-
Tom Larkey to Harlan?
Yep. It will be Larkey for sure. Announcing today, I think.
-
WYMT Mountain Top Ten
Maybe they should change the name to the 13th-15th region top ten.Or the "Only if you can watch our station top ten"
-
WYMT Mountain Top Ten
If McCreary county is not the mountains,then I would love to see there idea of a mountain.lol
-
What needs to happen in boys basketball to make it a better game.
Not sure how long it takes on average,but wouldn't not having the time off between quarters kind of equal everything out?As far as the length of the game.
-
What needs to happen in boys basketball to make it a better game.
I have always liked that idea as well.I would like to see the two 20 minute halves.
-
What needs to happen in boys basketball to make it a better game.
I have played as long as I can remember from 1st grade through high school and I guess I am looking at all of this as a player more than a fan also.But 45 seconds is a eternity on the court for anyone who has played and I just can't see it being a bad thing.
-
What needs to happen in boys basketball to make it a better game.
I was going to look that up but I am no were near patient enough.
-
What needs to happen in boys basketball to make it a better game.
California and Mass. that I am sure of.
-
What needs to happen in boys basketball to make it a better game.
I can see some of these points and why some don't like it,but I just think it is hard to argue that it would make kids better and prepare them better for the next level.Also if it was such a bad idea,then why does it work so good in other states?I mean every state has bad regions,sections,divisions,and teams,but I bet they wouldn't change for anything.
-
What needs to happen in boys basketball to make it a better game.
I still don't see how it could hurt scoring though.If these teams you talk about would work the clock for the 40 seconds you talk about then how are they going to score more points when they can hold it the whole half right now if they wish?Like I said,if a coach couldn't get no more then 30 points with a shot clock then he needs to do something else other than coaching.Now will the weak teams in weak regions get clobbered even worse by the upper level teams?Yes.But if you lose by 25 or 45,you still got clobbered and shouldn't have scheduled them anyway.You take the usual weak regions(16th,12th,13th,ect.)and all the teams in those given regions are about always close to each other in talent with the exception of a team or two in each region,so it equals out.Now when it comes to the sweet sixteen the best team is going to come out of each region.Will some teams still be at a disadvantage talent wise in the touney?Maybe but that is a issue for the classification debaters.But really, if it would hurt scoring then why does college and pros and some high schools use it?(I am anticipating this reply.lol)
-
For 7-10 Year Olds
Just some more info I gathered about this event.I talked to the coaches and they have pushed back the sign up date to Feb.4th due to not getting everything out in time and are still accepting applications.I have signed my son up and a few of his friends.This will be a great warm up for the kids to kick off there league season and not to mention learning how to better there game from college coaches.
-
What needs to happen in boys basketball to make it a better game.
So California and states alike don't see higher scores on average?I find that hard to believe.I could see that it could hurt some of the teams that just can't get any talent at there particular school but the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages in regards to the rest of the schools in the state.It would prepare kids for any college career whether it be at Union or Kentucky.I think it is just the traditionalist or coaches who are afraid to have to learn how to teach a new offense that are the most opposed to this.I would bet that 80% of the kids and there parents would prefer a 45 second shot clock.But as far as the poster who talked about the struggle for teams to run a offense in that amount of time.......Well whoever is coaching those teams might want to reconsider careers if they cant run a offense in 45 seconds.
-
South Laurel 61 Corbin 35
Does anyone know if Wazoo was there broadcasting or not?I would love to see the video of the little man Watkins dunking on someone.
-
For 7-10 Year Olds
On the web-site it says it starts the 21st.Do you know for sure it is the 26th and if they have any room left?I live in London but would make the drive for it for sure if it isn't to late.
-
Bud Mackey on the move
Xavier is a strong possibility as well.Right now Xavier and Cincy are like 1a and 1b.As far as the article about him and McCleod,those were started off 100% hearsay.He is trying to get his life back together and enroll at a prep school in Cincy.It's a shame to think what could have been with Scott co. this year if he had not screwed up.Top 10-15 ranking easily.
-
Where to find season stats?
I was wanting to see if anyone knew where to find stats all season long,like ppg,rpg,apg,and such.I have seen on khsaa that some teams have reported team stats but no individual.Thanks in advance.
-
13th Region All A Discussion
I think that the only way Cumberland don't win it is, if they don't show up.
-
Best coach in Kentucky ?
He didn't have Toyota while he was at Evarts and Corbin,and did great at both of those places.
-
Corbin 69 Madison Central 65 (OT)
Uh........Yeah,you sound real unbiased.lol.Watch it again without the red-tinted glasses.Or just ask the MC coach when he plans on playing Corbin down here again.
-
Corbin 69 Madison Central 65 (OT)
Mis-worded on my part.Lives in Corbin.
-
Corbin 69 Madison Central 65 (OT)
Its hearsay as far as I know,but I haven't heard any Corbin guys on here dispute it.