Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

hacyco

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by hacyco

  1. VERY VERY LUCKY!!!!! But the SC / Pikeville game hasn't been played yet IMO SC is the best overall team in the region at this time of year.
  2. Good luck Tyler, I believe you will do great.
  3. Some of these opinions amaze me. No one believes that school sports are more important than school education. I just don't believe that KATS testing has anything to with education. One more time NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND and KERA are the worst things ever for a ture education!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Everyone knows that if the kids don't have a game their in bed by 9.
  5. NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND AND KERA are the worst things ever to happen to education. Most of school time is spent teaching to a test. As far as cancelling games it would not happen in football or basketball.
  6. Grimm pitched a real good game, but I have watched AC play a couple of games. They can not hit the ball and will have serious trouble aganist better pitching. One thing about Grimm, I heard someone say that he threw about 110 pitches, Paintsville should have pulled him after 5. AC wasn't going to hit anyone they had. Little had to come out of this game and may be lost for the season because he has never been able to recover from being pitched to death last year. I hope the Rebels get it together. I wish both teams the best of luck and please coaches take better care of these young pitchers.
  7. Good win but AC was a little slow out of the blocks. They didn't put SF out of it to the fourth. They should have been all over this team. I hope AC pulls it together by all 'A'.
  8. Looks like Letcher has got off to a good start. Anyone seen them play? can they compete with other teams in their region?
  9. I"ve noticed that Betsy Layne has scored well aganist all of their opponents this year. Whats their problem pitching, defense or both.
  10. I posted this hoping that coaches would heed some of the good advise given in many of the replies, but I saw a kid throw over a 130 pitches in a opening game. It was also cold lower 40's. I guess they don't read or don't heed.
  11. I like the ideal of one champion, but in the 15th most schools will have less than thirty kids try out and only about 1/2 of those are talented baseball players. johnson Central, paintsville and maybe pikeville will have more kids than that. But we do have the all "A" deal. So I guess haven't made up my mind.
  12. Mizuno gloves and DeMarini bats.
  13. It is a nice field and the fans do love thier sport. I like the history behind it. But that sunset is the problem.
  14. I see light at the end of the winter tunnel and I think it's BASEBALL !!!!!!!
  15. A lot of teams in the 15th region will not have enough kids for JV. It will be doubtful if any teams in Floyd Co. will even play a JV game. It seems that basketball just takes over. Most kids will not play summer baseball because they are in basketball camps.
  16. With the season getting close I hope some coaches out there read this post. Although some people disagree a little there's a lot of great advise listed. The main thing should be DO NOT HURT THE KID !!!!
  17. Indeed players from programs not as well known as the programs you mention will have to act on their own. These players even have a hard time getting on a good summer program.
  18. AC could be very good, but they must score more runs. Some of their best pitching efforts were wasted last year. Little pitched three great games only to lose them all. Paintsville 3 AC 1, Johnson Central 2 AC 1, and Louisville Desales 2 AC 0. I might add that at least half of the runs he gave up were unearned. I also think Turner will pitch better this year, last year was just a down year for him. It doesn't matter who's on the mound, a team that can't score 3 runs a game are not going to win a lot.
  19. I agree, If you played in Floyd Co. lights would be the least of your problems.AC and BL share Allen Park. Prestonsburg plays in flood water and SF is lucky they a place to play. This is one of the reasons Floyd Co.teams seldom compete on the same level as the rest of the region.
  20. A lot of coaches make that mistake. But you can't play two unless you win one.
  21. A player I know just went though some rehap work on his shoulder. Almost eveything they had him do is in Nolan Ryan's book THE PITCHES BIBLE. Great year round instrustion for young pitchers.
  22. I agree great post, So many pitchers do play every game at some position. It can add up to a lot of pitches. thanks for the help.
  23. Didn't know about the Pikeville thing. Just his teams usually can compete with most teams from the 15th. The feeder program in Martin co is nothing like Pikeville's and Johnson Co. But leadership is important.
  24. Allen Central was coached by Ronnie Patton when they won the region. He was fired right after that. Kidd coached the following year someone who had never coached before. Allen central hired a young coach last year in Ken Johnson, he's young and not perfect but maybe in time could be a good coach if given a chance. Hall from Sheldon Clark does great with what he has to work with.
  25. How many pitches are safe for a high school pitcher to pitch in a game and would that number change due to cold or hot weather?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.