Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Players in the 15th

Featured Replies

Who are the top players in the 15th and who do they play for?

 

Johnson Central Pikeville Allen Central

Justin Blanton Chase Huffman Scott Little

Shane Sturgill Justin Andersen Tyler Turner

Matt Fyffe Weston Robinson Brock Kidd

JD Plummer Justin Jacobs

Nick Music

Paintsville Sheldon Clark

Daniel Pugh Brandon May

Kyle Sublett Daniel Harless

Shane Grimm Braxton Lafferty

Kevin Williams

 

Lawrence County Shelby Valley Prestonsburg

Tim Hayes Patrick Smith Brenton Hamilton

Morgan Roberts Josh Rodebaugh

 

Belfry Betsy Layne Magoffin County

????? Derek Case Mike Montgomery

Patrick Stapleton

Aaron Chapman from Belfry is supposedly being pursued by Marshall. I dont know if this is true but he is a good one.

 

Pike Central has Brad Ratliff, Tyler Smith, and Isaac Williamson.

 

Shelby Valley has Patrick Smith.

Matt Sexton from PIkeville may be on that list before the season is over. He is capable of being a great hitter.

MacKenzie Carter from Pikeville is definitely a top ten player and I agree with Sexton as well.

yes, I forgot about McKinzie. He could be a very good hitter and pitcher. He'll finally get his chance. he's been behind some awfully good players for a couple of years.

Phelps has some good ones as well, Dillon Stiltner- Fr., Robert Gannon - Jr.

 

East Ridge Mitch Bishop - Jr.

Can't imagine Phelps having many good ones. I have heard that Stiltner is a good young pitcher.....but he'll have a rough time of it at Phelps.

Justin Slone from South Floyd and Brandon Thacker for Betsy Layne could be added to the list.

Can't imagine Phelps having many good ones. I have heard that Stiltner is a good young pitcher.....but he'll have a rough time of it at Phelps.

Stiltner has all the tools and is a lefty. He wont have much help at Phelps but they do have 4 or 5 decent players if they all play. Stiltner is as good a freshman as I have seen in a while. He is a super kid with good work ethic and a nice head on his shoulders. He will probably have to make his mark in summer and fall ball since he chose to stay at Phelps however. I hope they put him in front of some scouts before he graduates. I know the summer team he plays on will play a tough schedule and will get him exposure in front of college scouts.

It's hard enough to get scouts to come watch the good programs, i.e. PIkeville, Paintsville, Perry CO, Johnson Central, etc.... They are not going to come and watch PHelps play. But like you say Buck, maybe he can be seen in summer ball somewehre.

It's hard enough to get scouts to come watch the good programs, i.e. PIkeville, Paintsville, Perry CO, Johnson Central, etc.... They are not going to come and watch PHelps play. But like you say Buck, maybe he can be seen in summer ball somewhere.
BuckMaster is exactly correct and getting these high school player exposure to colleges, should be a priority with coaches.

 

A lot of good talent in the 15th can play at the next level, but they must play summer/fall programs, attend showcases and winter camps to get the attention, that others in larger cities or near college campuses can.

Players also have to take it upon themselves to get seen. Their coach can't make them go to camps, tryout camps, showcases, etc.... When I played, i went to every one of those things i could. It wasn't up to my coach......

Players also have to take it upon themselves to get seen. Their coach can't make them go to camps, tryout camps, showcases, etc.... When I played, i went to every one of those things i could. It wasn't up to my coach......
...I'll agree 100% with this and the player, in combination with the guardian must make an effort to increase his abilities, to warrant consideration from the colleges.

 

At the same token, high school coaches must be educated to promote their players the proper way and not every player that plays here can play at UK or UL but matching the student-athlete, with the school is my goal and should be the goal of every program.

 

I would venture to say, that most do promote and encourage their kids to attend these functions but some do not.

I think the players and coaches at the good programs are educated about this. I think you are right there, STrike.

 

We have to realize that there are VERY few DI prospects in ANY area in a given year. Maybe 1 or 2 per region. Except maybe for the metro areas of Lex and Lou.

I think the players and coaches at the good programs are educated about this. I think you are right there, Strike.

 

We have to realize that there are VERY few DI prospects in ANY area in a given year. Maybe 1 or 2 per region. Except maybe for the metro areas of Lex and Lou.

...but at the same time, there are numerous players that can play DII, DIII, JUCO or NAIA and they deserve the same opportunity and promotion, as the DI player....probably even more so, because the DI player will more than likely be noticed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.