Everything posted by WoodyJr
-
Kentucky versus Ohio All Star game
From todays Ashland paper: http://www.dailyindependent.com/articles/2006/04/06/sports/01allstar06.txt
-
Ky-Ohio All-Star Game
Todays Ashland paper: http://www.dailyindependent.com/articles/2006/04/06/sports/01allstar06.txt
-
Congrats to Kala Faulkner and Brandi Rayburn
Congrats and enjoy the experience :thumb: Woody Jr
-
Vote on # of Football Classes
That is a concern I noted on another thread that posted a breakdown of schools by enrollment. As an Ashland fan we ended up with 1 other school about 60 miles away, then a couple 2 hours or more, and all other schools we've competed against now in other classes. The financial aspect and likely loss of fan interest is a major concern. Woody
-
Rose Hill-Ashland
Well, I did not use a partial quote (which I believe, was plainly shown to be a partial) to serve any purpose other than make for a more concise read and I dont see where you showed anything that was misconstrued by my use of it. If you can show how my sentence construction changed your meaning - I apologize now. What "I" feel is insulting & offensive is your statement: "... it certainly does not remotely suggest that there is any "mutual trust", however, it is best for all at this stage of the game." Not only do "I" and most likely, a lot of other Tomcats, feel that you have NO right and certainly NO standing, to decree what is best for " ALL at this stage of the game" but I would HOPE that there are a lot of good people at Rose Hill who ALSO feel you [scooterbob] have no right to decree what is best for them either :eek: That is what I personally felt was offensive. If as you stated there truely is absolutely "...no redeemable level of trust .... between those associated with the athletic programs of the two schools" then I ask if perhaps the problem lies with the people who are feeding this mistrust?:argue: Maybe the folks with this type attitude need to be ignored or removed from the discussion so that cooler, more well reasoned heads can prevail? Also, perhaps you can provide some professional mediation techniques, real world examples, or advice from those trained in resolving conflict who could confirm that the strategy you declared: "in essence, that I[scooterbob] don't see any reason for any association between Rose Hill and Ashland and that I[scooterbob] believe it is best for both to merely disassociate for the next few years". I'm not sure about Rose Hill but I'm familiar with many, many public school systems, and they have whats called mediation training. Usually this is offered in say, the elementary grades so that the little ones learn this important skill in their early years. Maybe this could help? In the past, a long, long, time ago, in a not too distant galaxy, there were these 2 school systems, one was called Ashland - the other Boyd Co., and their sports contests were filled with lots of verbal sparring, certain coaches and administrators often had words, and this trickled down to the impressionable youth, making any contact rather troublesome. Eventually the species evolved, youth leagues started competing against each other in various sports; JFL, Little league, Grade school basketball, those youngsters actually began to develop friendships ( YES FRIENDSHIPS ) and pretty soon they were in HS competing, they battled, sometimes very heatedly, but when it was over they shook hands and went on with life, which is what happens AFTER most people grow up & LEAVE high school Perhaps just too many people haven't grown up on this issue??? Woody
-
Rose Hill-Ashland
Sounds good Ricky, I know the thread has some good natured stuff, I enjoy that too. I'm well aware of GIAT & Frances' presence on here and how they interact. To me, it seemed Frances was trying to divert any antagonism some might feel into light heartedness (I apologize & dont mean to say precisely what Frances intention was - it just seemed that way to me). From watching these debates rage on since Ive been on here I know GIAT likes to have fun, but I also have seen how some people have seemingly triggered him into making comments that go over the edge sometimes. I see a big difference between those on here who obviously have fun a lot of the time vs. a few who have what plainly appears to be an agenda filled with dislike & distrust towards Ashland. What is troubling with that, beyond the root cause of it for that/those individual(s), is that Ashland gets painted with such a broad brush that any of us who are supporters of Ashland get labeled say, .. "mistrustful." I don't think that is appropriate - so I respond. I accept your apology and I offer in kind if you have been offended. I would wish you to please browse back through the thread and maybe see how it could be viewed differently by Ashland fans. Re; as I mentioned before, it was clearly going OK [for an Ash-RH;) ] until your attempts at humor which "I feel" then sends it "towards" the problem area. I didn't just go off on this upon first seeing it. For quite some time, I've been watching how these threads deteriorate and get annoyed how mean spirited they invariably become.:cry: Usually, whenever I attempt humor I will add plenty of smilies and/or self deprecating remarks in an effort to make sure folks don't get the wrong idea. Anyway - best wishes, Woody Jr
-
Rose Hill-Ashland
OK Ricky, I didnt realize this thread was only for you, Frances, GIAT, & select others to view and respond to:confused: I guess I missed the memo:p Not realizing that, here is the post of yours that I responded to: I say we keep this one alive boys, no matter how hard some try to stir the pot. Like spindoc said its the off season, its Spring the flowers are blooming and we have more daylight. I saw David Blaine stand inside a block of ice for 24 hours surely I can get along with you bozos for a week I guess myself and all other Ashland supporters are not supposed to be offended by you calling us "bozos" even though all your previous posts make it very plain that you are a rose hill fan who focuses on attacking Ashland at most every opportunity. When you refer to "some" who stir the pot, this thread was doing fine until post #8 when you posted: "I think there is a better chance of that than there is of Ashland agreeing to play" Now I don't believe it's unreasonable for anyone to think that Ashland fans in general might not appreciate an obnoxious remark like that and consider you as the one attempting to "stir the pot." Then following that we get another RH post #9 stating: "...it certainly does not remotely suggest that there is any mutual trust, however it is best for all at this stage of the game." Perhaps this person has taken upon himself to lead the Rose Hill faithful out of the dark ages and show them the way due to their ignorance? Myself, I have no problem trusting many of the good people at RH and find it offensive for an idea like his to forwarded. That person also then pronounces (for all to heed I presume) that "the thread should be safe, pending future posts of course" I guess that is suppose to absolve his & your preceeding post of anything offensive or possibly inciting for Ashland fans and puts the onus on anything that follows as being responsible for starting the problem - thats pretty slick. So, perhaps we could save confusion in the future if you flag your posts as directed to individuals if they are going to be provocative? Woody
-
Rose Hill-Ashland
Its also similar to folks who can't resist adding subtle digs and name-calling most of the time in an effort to antagonize others Woody
-
Rose Hill-Ashland
Unfortunately Franny my dear, there are lots of adults who are so invested in their kids lives that they are always looking for an "in." Many start way back in Little League and grade school moving their child from team to team, school to school. Cheers, Woody
-
Rose Hill-Ashland
:D :D :D :D Ah, do we have an uninvolved, unbiased, moderator ? :confused: :confused: :confused: ;) Cheers, Woody Jr
-
Rose Hill-Ashland
If you think you are a mind reader maybe you should post your 1-800 psychic number Go ahead, Im an adult - I much prefer facts than suggestions or rumors. Cheers, Woody Jr
-
Rose Hill-Ashland
Thanx for an astute observation MoJo. I wonder why Ashland can have mostly good natured ribbing with every other school? Cheers, Woody
-
Kentucky versus Ohio All Star game
FYI - I'm not in tune with the area for awhile, but for a little background; Randy Ward started the game when he was at Greenup Co and it sort of focused on the Ashland to Portsmouth,OH area in an effort to give exposure to maybe some kids who hadn't gotten much, etc. He started getting some really good players from all over the state, Ohio was especially strong at times. I don't know how the 2 game limitation on games a HS'er could participate in affected the game and I forget when Ward left Greenup. I think I heard something about him & another local job that opened along the river there. Game was moved to Thomas Moore in hopes it would draw more people & support. I would imagine if you call/email the T.Moore AD they could direct you to persons involved. Sorry if I rambled on but Ward worked REALLY hard to start up & keep afloat as something for the kids and HS ball. Cheers, Woody Maybe someone locally can provide more current & better details
-
16th Region All-Tournament
PG, you expressed concern that Ashland kids were the only ones getting publicity, or the most, and how that effects college opportunities. I was just thinking in terms of football over the last several years and I believe the other area schools have had a great # of kids get a college opportunity - relative to Ashland. Kids from Lawrence Co, East Carter, Raceland to major D1's and plenty to some smaller colleges from Boyd, etc. (sorry for a incomplete short list guys - perhaps someone else could do better). Perhaps you need to direct your ire at your schools coaches - thats a huge factor in terms of kids getting a look, etc. I think the DI has been doing a pretty good job of promoting all of the area kids. Witness the SEVERAL area schools represented in the KY-TN football series lately. Also this past year is maybe the best representation E.KY has ever had on the AP all-state football team. So perhaps your school hasnt faired as well as you wish, but there are a lot of factors that go into it; academics, exposure to teams(& other coaches) OUTSIDE of your particular area, other kids/adults from your circle with experience in the recruitment "game", and so forth. Just a few thoughts off the top of my head. Woody Jr
-
Fleming Co. coaching search
OMG early stage Alzheimers has set in. (I hope I didn't offend anyone by using that line) Thanx for setting me straight. Woody
-
Best RB in the state for 2006
Here, Here, Ms. Frances You soooooo astute :thumb: I'm rather surprised that the knowledgeable football fans in the Louisville area have not mentioned Clark after his great performance in Russell's victory over the presumed unstoppable Owensboro Catholic in the AA final. (no slight intended towards OC, just that so many people seem to assume OC's victory) Hopefully it's not a case of "class" warfare or E.KY predjudice Cheers, Woody Jr
-
North Laurel vs Ashland UPDATES (from Coco Beach)
How bout them Cats !!! Cheers, Woody Jr
-
Fleming Co. coaching search
If I'm not mistaken, when Breeden was at Ashland they didnt lose to a 16th region team - ever! Of course it's not what you would call ..... UP tempo ball :walk: Just win baby Woody Jr
-
Top 5 in 3A
Ahhhh, Bowl Co, have they regenerated that monster? When I returned to UK for awhile in 96 I got my fix by going to area games like Lex Cath, Harrodsburg, etc. and got to see you guys a bunch. I was really impressed by the coach and told friends back in Ashland that if he stayed there long Boyle was going to be a force. Uh,.....little did I realize:scared: It seems AAA is awfully strong these days. Don't want to post thats its the strongest be:flame: cause the others will get riled up Cheers, Woody Jr
-
Top 5 in 3A
It appears that there is no one to challenge BG in the west and that all the AAA power is in the East. Is there anyone besides Hoptown to challenge BG? Just asking Woody Jr
-
Rose Hill's 06-07 schedule
My post was a factual observation I dont know what would be worse; a person doing things on purpose or not realizing the way they are Woody
-
Rose Hill's 06-07 schedule
Folks, why is anyone surprised by what this has turned into? I wasn't on this site years ago so I don't know the history between certain groups or certain people but the paranoia and antagonistic remarks that 1 poster throws at Ashland in every thread Ive seen (even when Ashland is in no way a part of the topic, nor been mentioned) seems bizarre. I don't know what happened to cause this person to behave like this. If the remark is not blatent, they are very subtle or back handed. When a poster openly states their "side" should be aggressive, etc. and invariably turns most every thread into bomb throwing, the people in charge ought to warn or suspend that person. Theres a difference between a younger, more immature person that is just over enthusiatic about supporting their school and a person who is articulate, aware, experienced, yet just has a mean tone to most all of their many posts. The worst part of it is that person begins to be representative of all supporters of that school - but I know too many high quality nice people who are great fans there, yet don't have a nasty undertone all the time Woody Jr
-
LexCath plays a girl with a fully torn ACL
Research I've seen points to females wider hips which change the angle/stress on their knees resulting in these serious injuries. Also, keep in mind that as girls participate in sports in increasing numbers it naturally follows that there will be more injuries. Perhaps someone more up to date/more closely involved can give more detailed info re; the knees. Cheers, Woody Jr
-
Rose Hill's 06-07 schedule
For us is, other states spell it diff Woody
-
North College Hill 90 Cleveland Villa Angelos St. Joseph 73
I believe it was the Cinc Enquirer?? sports writer who wrote it the way I posted? I would think a lot of people probably wrote in if they also saw it the way you did. Woody