Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky versus Ohio All Star game

Featured Replies

This is coming up soon isn't it. I know the first night they have the three point contest and the Slam Dunk contest at Cov Cath. Can anyone from CovCath fill us in??

  • Replies 39
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is coming up soon isn't it. I know the first night they have the three point contest and the Slam Dunk contest at Cov Cath. Can anyone from CovCath fill us in??

 

When , where and where can we pick the tickets up at? Who is in it and is it going to a better game than any of the state tournament game(hopefully)?

The game is played at Thomas More. I believe it is sometime around April 15, but don't know for sure.

The game is at Thomas More on Saturday, April 15th. Tipoff is scheduled for 8.00pm.

 

We (MMI) have two representatives: Lawrence Brown, 7'2" senior and Johnathan Uchendu, 6'11" senior (signed for Purdue). Also, Coach Russ Day will be one of the Assistant Coaches for the game.

 

DAVE

  • Author
The game is at Thomas More on Saturday, April 15th. Tipoff is scheduled for 8.00pm.

 

We (MMI) have two representatives: Lawrence Brown, 7'2" senior and Johnathan Uchendu, 6'11" senior (signed for Purdue). Also, Coach Russ Day will be one of the Assistant Coaches for the game.

 

DAVE

So I guess they are having the Slam Dunk and Three point contests on April 14th at CovCath??

Who's the organizer of this event? I may be attending. If anyone can fill me in, please PM me with details. Thanks.

The game is at Thomas More on Saturday, April 15th. Tipoff is scheduled for 8.00pm.

 

We (MMI) have two representatives: Lawrence Brown, 7'2" senior and Johnathan Uchendu, 6'11" senior (signed for Purdue). Also, Coach Russ Day will be one of the Assistant Coaches for the game.

 

DAVE

where are these players from and how long have they been at these schools?

Who's the organizer of this event? I may be attending. If anyone can fill me in, please PM me with details. Thanks.

Do the players pay to play in this game? Is this a for profit game? Organizers?

  • Author

I attended this game last year for the first time. I believe the Friday before the game they have a 3 point shooting and Dunk and One On One contest atCCath. The next night Saturday they play the two games,girls first and then boys. The games are played at Thomas More.

The game is at Thomas More on Saturday, April 15th. Tipoff is scheduled for 8.00pm.

 

We (MMI) have two representatives: Lawrence Brown, 7'2" senior and Johnathan Uchendu, 6'11" senior (signed for Purdue). Also, Coach Russ Day will be one of the Assistant Coaches for the game.

 

DAVE

7'2''? he must have a lot of offers with that size. Can you fill us in?

Do the players pay to play in this game? Is this a for profit game? Organizers?

If players had to pay to play in this game, I doubt there'd be very many people on the roster. Most all-star games have some form of sponsor paying the bills, because they rarely make enough money from gate to cover uniforms, referees, etc.

 

Can anyone tell me who the game director is?

FYI - I'm not in tune with the area for awhile, but for a little background;

 

Randy Ward started the game when he was at Greenup Co and it sort of focused on the Ashland to Portsmouth,OH area in an effort to give exposure to maybe some kids who hadn't gotten much, etc. He started getting some really good players from all over the state, Ohio was especially strong at times. I don't know how the 2 game limitation on games a HS'er could participate in affected the game and I forget when Ward left Greenup. I think I heard something about him & another local job that opened along the river there. Game was moved to Thomas Moore in hopes it would draw more people & support.

 

I would imagine if you call/email the T.Moore AD they could direct you to persons involved.

 

Sorry if I rambled on but Ward worked REALLY hard to start up & keep afloat as something for the kids and HS ball.

 

Cheers, Woody

 

Maybe someone locally can provide more current & better details

  • Author

ttt

  • Author

Come on guys this game is 8 or 9 days away who has been invited???

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.