Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky versus Ohio All Star game

Featured Replies

  • Replies 39
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

 

Here is the KY roster for this game:

 

Johnathan Uchendu 6'11" MMI (Purdue) - C

Antonio Owens 6'2" Boyd Co. (Undecided) - PG

A.J. Slaughter 6'2" Shelby Co. (Western Kentucky) - G

Joshua Mack 5'10" University Heights (Coastal Carolina) - PG

Vincent Crutcher 6'5" PRP (Undecided) - F

Walt Allen 6'5" South Laurel (Undecided) - F

Ceedrick Ware 6'0" Jeffersontown (Undecided) - G

Chris Williams 6'5" Woodford Co. (Undecided) - G/F

Aaron Dunaway 6'2" Henry Clay (Undecided) - G

Lawrence Brown 7'2" MMI (Undecided) - C

Forrest Smallwood 6'4" Male (Butler) - F

Daniel Ard 6'6" Marshall Co. (Murray State) - F

Dan Penick 6'8" Ludlow (Undecided) - C

Tyler Wilkerson 6'8" Lafayette (Undecided) - F

Brian Staed 6'10" Boyle Co. (Undecided) - C

 

Players did pay to participate.

 

DAVE

Guys,

 

Here is the KY roster for this game:

 

Johnathan Uchendu 6'11" MMI (Purdue) - C

Antonio Owens 6'2" Boyd Co. (Undecided) - PG

A.J. Slaughter 6'2" Shelby Co. (Western Kentucky) - G

Joshua Mack 5'10" University Heights (Coastal Carolina) - PG

Vincent Crutcher 6'5" PRP (Undecided) - F

Walt Allen 6'5" South Laurel (Undecided) - F

Ceedrick Ware 6'0" Jeffersontown (Undecided) - G

Chris Williams 6'5" Woodford Co. (Undecided) - G/F

Aaron Dunaway 6'2" Henry Clay (Undecided) - G

Lawrence Brown 7'2" MMI (Undecided) - C

Forrest Smallwood 6'4" Male (Butler) - F

Daniel Ard 6'6" Marshall Co. (Murray State) - F

Dan Penick 6'8" Ludlow (Undecided) - C

Tyler Wilkerson 6'8" Lafayette (Undecided) - F

Brian Staed 6'10" Boyle Co. (Undecided) - C

 

Players did pay to participate.

 

DAVE

How much? And why? Is this event so poorly-run that they couldn't get a sponsor? I think that's kind of weak to invite a kid to play in an event like this and say, "Oh, by the way, we need $XXX from you."

 

And Walt Allen is signed with Presbyterian College in SC, and Brian Staed has signed with Georgetown.

How much? And why? Is this event so poorly-run that they couldn't get a sponsor? I think that's kind of weak to invite a kid to play in an event like this and say, "Oh, by the way, we need $XXX from you."

 

And Walt Allen is signed with Presbyterian College in SC, and Brian Staed has signed with Georgetown.

 

Don't shoot me, Jim - I'm just the messenger.

 

I believe that it was $225 each. BTW - all the info I posted was taken from the paperwork sent to us. I don't know when it was gathered. Maybe it is just kids who have already signed - when did Allen and Staed sign?

 

DAVE

With the game being played in NKY don't you think it might have been wise to invite one or two more boys and girls to participate?

Don't shoot me, Jim - I'm just the messenger.

 

I believe that it was $225 each. BTW - all the info I posted was taken from the paperwork sent to us. I don't know when it was gathered. Maybe it is just kids who have already signed - when did Allen and Staed sign?

 

DAVE

 

Oh, I know. Mine was just a general rant and not aimed at anyone in particular.

 

Allen signed right around the beginning of the season, and I think Staed signed about 3 months ago.

How much? And why? Is this event so poorly-run that they couldn't get a sponsor? I think that's kind of weak to invite a kid to play in an event like this and say, "Oh, by the way, we need $XXX from you."

 

And Walt Allen is signed with Presbyterian College in SC, and Brian Staed has signed with Georgetown.

 

Hey Big Jim, Relax

 

I've contributed money to various players over the years in various sports to help cover their "entrance fees". In my experience most every player has solicited funds like this or a booster just pays their way.

 

If you'd like to rant at someone, perhaps you could aim at corporate or business entities - who seldom have anyone asking them for money;)

Or perhaps the shoe companies - they aren't self serving in the select teams they sponsor are they?

 

If you are knowledgable in running events such as this you're no doubt aware of the large number of expenses involved just to get it up & running, facilities, people, logistics, ...aaargh :scared: and finally, if not enough people show up to support it then what do you do?

 

My point is - it's easy to complain, but I find that hard to do when someone is just doing it to help promote youngsters opportunities :D

 

Hope you attend and take a BIG crowd with you :thumb:

 

Cheers, Woody Jr

Hey Big Jim, Relax

 

I've contributed money to various players over the years in various sports to help cover their "entrance fees". In my experience most every player has solicited funds like this or a booster just pays their way.

 

If you'd like to rant at someone, perhaps you could aim at corporate or business entities - who seldom have anyone asking them for money;)

Or perhaps the shoe companies - they aren't self serving in the select teams they sponsor are they?

 

If you are knowledgable in running events such as this you're no doubt aware of the large number of expenses involved just to get it up & running, facilities, people, logistics, ...aaargh :scared: and finally, if not enough people show up to support it then what do you do?

 

My point is - it's easy to complain, but I find that hard to do when someone is just doing it to help promote youngsters opportunities :D

 

Hope you attend and take a BIG crowd with you :thumb:

 

Cheers, Woody Jr

 

I know what you mean. It just seems kind of wrong to me to invite a player but make them pay; seems like there ought to be a sponsor lined up well ahead of time to avoid these kind of things — especially in a boomtown area that is NoKy. What business wouldn't love to have their name on the jerseys of players whose pictures will be appearing in newspapers all over two states?

 

I'll be there, but I'll be a one-man crowd. :D

I know what you mean. It just seems kind of wrong to me to invite a player but make them pay; seems like there ought to be a sponsor lined up well ahead of time to avoid these kind of things — especially in a boomtown area that is NoKy. What business wouldn't love to have their name on the jerseys of players whose pictures will be appearing in newspapers all over two states?

 

I'll be there, but I'll be a one-man crowd. :D

 

Enjoy the festivities. Look up coach Randy Ward, the director. He is/was a rather short stocky fella;) - when he was @ Greenup & started this game years ago. Maybe you can brainstorm some ideas for next year:thumb:

 

Cheers, Woody Jr

  • Author

Does anyone know if they are having the three point shooting and dunk contests the night before at CovCath??

I'll be there, but I'll be a one-man crowd. :D

 

Look out for me again, Jim - I'm covering the game for both our school and our local newspaper. If any newspapers have representatives from the area playing but cannot cover the game, let me know and I will send a report.

 

DAVE

It is a shame a kid like Blake McCowan from Morgan County was not invited.

$225 is extrememly high kids to pay or get a sponsor.

D1 coaches cannot attend due to the game not being sanctioned by the NCAA is what i have been told.

Look out for me again, Jim - I'm covering the game for both our school and our local newspaper. If any newspapers have representatives from the area playing but cannot cover the game, let me know and I will send a report.

 

DAVE

See you there! You available for a refreshing adult beverage afterward?

Guys,

 

Here is the KY roster for this game:

 

Johnathan Uchendu 6'11" MMI (Purdue) - C

Antonio Owens 6'2" Boyd Co. (Undecided) - PG

A.J. Slaughter 6'2" Shelby Co. (Western Kentucky) - G

Joshua Mack 5'10" University Heights (Coastal Carolina) - PG

Vincent Crutcher 6'5" PRP (Undecided) - F

Walt Allen 6'5" South Laurel (Undecided) - F

Ceedrick Ware 6'0" Jeffersontown (Undecided) - G

Chris Williams 6'5" Woodford Co. (Undecided) - G/F

Aaron Dunaway 6'2" Henry Clay (Undecided) - G

Lawrence Brown 7'2" MMI (Undecided) - C

Forrest Smallwood 6'4" Male (Butler) - F

Daniel Ard 6'6" Marshall Co. (Murray State) - F

Dan Penick 6'8" Ludlow (Undecided) - C

Tyler Wilkerson 6'8" Lafayette (Undecided) - F

Brian Staed 6'10" Boyle Co. (Undecided) - C

 

Players did pay to participate.

 

DAVE

15 players at $225, expensive playing time for a kid.

What have the attendance numbers been in the past?

I went in '03 and I'd say they had close around 1,000 maybe a bit less but JD, Neltner and Brock all played so NKY had a nice contingent. I think I may make it out, always game to see good talent.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.