tdyballgame
Premium Membership
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: Highlands 78 Harrison County 6
Everything posted by tdyballgame
-
Is Highlands' Coach Sphire in a do or die situation?
Well I had to hit the delete button. I was ready to send but I’m going to do the ole sleep on it response on this. I may get in trouble or possibly get others in trouble. Leaving this one alone.
-
Boyle County 21 Highlands 20
I get that. You have to understand and I’m not being conceited or anything, but Highlands fans and alum expect better. This is not better. Changes have to be made or Highlands is looking at 9-4 at best. And maybe not even that. Good for a lot of teams but not programs like “blue bloods”. I’ll include Boyle, T, St X, CovCath, Beechwood, Male…..unacceptable! Especially when all we hear is how good this team is. If they are that good, then what’s the problem? $million question I guess!
-
Boyle County 21 Highlands 20
Sorry Guru, but I disagree. That was without a doubt the most disappointing loss Highlands has had in quite some time. I say that because Boyle was without starting QB and several others. Highlands look unprepared, and just flat out bad. Give Boyle credit for the win with using the guys they had available. They for sure outplayed Highlands and outcoached them. That is something that has to change. You have an OC that continues to call plays that his QB can’t make. Changes have to be made and honestly, I start with the OC. Maybe give someone else a chance. Because it’s not working the way it’s going. And this isn’t anything new. Been going on for 4 years now. If you don’t want to change up the OC, then change personnel that can make the plays. It’s pretty simple, what they are doing now isn’t working. This was their first big test and it didn’t go good. They have some big games coming up and I’m afraid we are going to see some of the same. Oh and the lack of hustle and awareness at the end to allow Boyle to complete a 4/8 to close it out, unacceptable! Better figure it out soon because Elder and CovCath await and it ain’t looking good!
-
Highlands at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
Like to see change up in play calling. More short quick hits and pound the ball more. I mean, doesn’t Highlands have a massive o line? Rio, can’t accurately throw ball downfield on the run so maybe keep him in the pocket. Maybe even mix up the QB rotation some. Boyle has 2 big plays for their scores. No more of those and Highlands can keep them in check. But need to score.
-
Highlands at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
Back up QB shreading highlands D
-
Highlands at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
Highlands d line getting handled
-
Highlands at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
For the life of me, I don’t understand why kids think they need to jump on a back to tackle. Dive at the ankles at the 40 and bring him down.
-
2025 NKY Frosh Football Scores & Rankings
Noted!
-
Highlands at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
Highlands traveling to Boyle will play into it for sure. Healthy or not, its a home game for Boyle who has recently held the upper hand against most everyone. I look for this to be a very close game.
-
Campbell County at Highlands Predictions/Updates
Up 41-13 and 4th and 6 at the 10. Just kick a field goal for anything other than live game practice. They have missed 2 xp tonight because of snaps, holds, kicks. I just don’t get it sometimes.
-
Highlands looking for JV game 9/6
Does there have to be a legit excuse to cancel a game? Is there some type of penalty if cancelling? Isn't that the 2nd game HHS JV that teams cancelled? So many questions!
-
Highlands at Cooper Predictions/Updates
WOW that’s a lot of big asks!
-
Highlands 34 Covington Catholic 14 (Frosh)
Ditto!
-
Highlands 34 Covington Catholic 14 (Frosh)
After watching the game last night on TV, CCH has some serious studs out there. A ton of talent. Highlands just has more of it. Developing the kids as freshman and then seeing if it translates to success at the Varsity level is the end game. Highlands has had some pretty good frosh teams as of late. Hasn't yet gotten them to the success level they had been accustomed to in the past. Someone needs to pick up their game! #SCIT will do their job.
-
Frederick Douglass at Highlands Predictions/Updates
They had a student this past Friday doing the PA and there were cameras as well. I'm sure they will again this Friday. All I ask is maybe just turn down a tic. Boy it was loud. Early kinks to work out.
-
Frederick Douglass at Highlands Predictions/Updates
Highlands hasn’t done anything to have fans think this game is a walk in the park. I watched most of both scrimmages and most of Blue/White game and I’m guessing this will be at most a 1 score game. Hope Birds get going quick in this one. Imo, Birds need to move ball down the field little at a time.‘short passes and runs. No need to go big! Use the line and athletes they have, and let D be aggressive. That’s been missing this pre season so far!
-
2025 Highlands Bluebirds
What position will Cale be playing this year?
-
South Warren 6 Highlands 5 (9 innings) (Clark's Pump-N-Shop Baseball State Tournament Round One)
Had to leave after rain delay for another commitment. We listened all the way home. Thanks for all your hard work over the years. Was a joy to listen to you. You do a great job. Good luck in the future!!!
-
Highlands 5 Beechwood 2 (9th Region Championship)
That might explain some reasoning I saw on Facebook this morning!
-
Highlands 5 Beechwood 2 (9th Region Championship)
Gotcha. Still would have been easy out at 2nd to end inning but can see where they would be upset.
-
Highlands 5 Beechwood 2 (9th Region Championship)
Some great plays and not so great plays. Quite a few errors for a Regional Championship game. I think official scorer may have been generous as well on couple more. But overall very good competitive game. 1 question, what was all the hoopla from Beechwood's 1st base coach after the bottom of 6? Not sure what happened over at 1st but the inning ending play was a force out at 2nd. Anyone?
-
2025 9th Region Tournament
Any word on who won the nightcap?
-
Highlands 13 Newport Central Catholic 0 (36th District Championship)
KHSAA says 15-0, 3 innings but not sure that’s correct!
-
Highlands 13 Newport Central Catholic 0 (36th District Championship)
11-0 when I left in the 5th.
-
2025 Highlands Bluebirds
If these type players don’t get enough varsity time, Coaches have them play JV. Imo, holding Rio out as a sophomore because he was the back up QB and just in case starting QB got hurt, did a disservice to Rio and the program. All those quality reps he could have gotten would have went a long way last year. Again just my opinion. Kids need to play and get reps!!! Hopefully, someone post some highlights and info from tonight’s Spring Game. Picked up an extra shift at the shop! #24n25