Everything posted by 02Ram54
-
Pres. Clinton and Bin Laden, The TRUTH! - Sunday night
The fact of the matter is that while Clinton is a divisive figure in politics, the effect is mittigated because Clinton remains wildly popular for a major politician. Far more so than W. I know that most Limbaugh listeners don't recognize this, but Bill would have won again in 2000 were it legal, and he would win today.
-
Manual vs. St. Xavier
To be fair, some have had the same questions about X from game 1, and Anderson is said to be not playing. And Warren Central still is a top 10 team in our esteemed BGP poll, even after their loss to Manual. So it's not like Manual, though young, is incapable of playing with a top team. Will they do it against X? I'm not so sure, but I do think it's possible given the conditions.
-
Male vs PRP
Wing T teams have beaten Male before. Speed can be the determining factor against Male's defense.
-
Democrat Christians
I know that the way it was asked maybe got it removed, but I would like to answer spindocs question. Do I think that homosexuality is wrong? No. Do you not believe the rich are our oppressors? I have just as much New Testament support for that view as you do for your views on homosexuality. And if you're going to quote the Old Testament at me, you'd better be prepared to deal with the other rules and prohibitions of the Hebrew Bible. There are a few I think you'd balk at. If on the other hand you are concerned with what Jesus actually said, then I hope you're more concerned about divorce than you are about homosexuality. Where is the national drive to outlaw divorce, to put judges on the court to combat it? Maybe it doesn't exist because so many straight Christians don't want their options limited. The fact of the matter is, homosexuals are a much easier target, regardless of scriptual basis. Its so easy for conservatives to make a rallying cry on so few people, and ignore the 50% divorce rate- the real threat to marriage.
-
Democrat Christians
To my views on homosexuality, for instance.
-
Democrat Christians
At least what you conceive as being Christian. As a (not every Sunday but doing pretty good for a college student) church going Episcopalian, I have no trouble reconciling my values. By the same token, when I read the Epistle of James, second chapter, I wonder what Bible Republicans are reading...
-
NIE: Invasion of Iraq Increased Terrorist Threat for US, World.
I'm not even going to get into the fact that my banter in the sports forums are friendly in nature, and anyone who reads my posts know that I'm supportive of UK every game of the year, even in a limited fashion against Louisville (I stood up and cheered for Keenan Burton everytime he touched the ball, even when he torched us.)
-
NIE: Invasion of Iraq Increased Terrorist Threat for US, World.
I don't think the conclusion of this report has anything to do with immediate threats. Rather, I think, it has to do with the creation of Terrorist University in Iraq. We're creating the next round of Islamic Jihad leadership there just in time to replace Al-Qaeda's tree as its dying of old age, and driving up their recruitment worldwide. Certain people on this board can stick with the 'better fighting them there than here' rhetoric, but it's just not factual. Islamic Jihad is spreading across the globe, and instead of winning the hearts and minds of the Muslim public, we're pouring gas on the fire and setting up industrial fans. We're creating more terrorists, and we're giving their leadership on the job experience.
-
Manual vs. St. Xavier
I recall several times after X games this year that X didn't own the trenches like usual, and there were more arm tackles. I'm not interested enough to run a search, but I know it's been said on here.
-
NCAA Football 07 for PS2 as high school
I've done this before, and its tempting to make the team better than it should be. But the most rewarding one I ever did was Manual circa 2001 with accurate stats, players going both ways, and with very few good or great players. I also ran Navy's playbook to simuate Manual's wing-t. Even with my player's stats, I was able to go undefeated and win the Big East (against 6* Male with the most perfect player ever Mike Bush, X, Trinity; 4* Fern Creek, PRP; 3* Eastern and Ballard)
-
Do X and T play national powers.
X and T have both been playing a team with multiple national titles for years...
-
NIE: Invasion of Iraq Increased Terrorist Threat for US, World.
I posted this thread 24 hours ago. There have been 4 responses, all from liberals or moderates. In that same time, there have been 18 posts in a thread centered on Bill Clinton, mostly jokes about 'Slick Willys' honesty. I have questions about W's honesty, and I think they're a little more important. "Today, we are safer, but we are not yet safe."
-
Trinity 10 St. X 0
Personally I think last year has nothing to do with this year.
-
Trinity 10 St. X 0
I think that is absolutely the reason that there won't be a rescheduling.
-
Manual vs. St. Xavier
I won't make a prediction on this game til later, but I will say that there are some resasons for Manual fans to have better expectations about this game: 1) Manual has always been hindered against X, more so than any other team, by their limited ability to throw the ball. That appears to have changed. 2) Anderson is out, and we saw what a difference that made on the scoreboard last year when he also missed the first X-Manual game compared to the next match. Get well soon, Vic, by the way. 3) X may not be as physical as they've been in the past, is the word being spread around. If Manual plays team ball, they've got a shot.
-
Manual vs. St. Xavier
:thumb:
- Male vs PRP
-
NIE: Invasion of Iraq Increased Terrorist Threat for US, World.
From the NY Times
-
Trinity at Seneca 9/29
I don't think it would matter if they played this game in the fun balls at Chucky Cheese. Trinity wins big.
-
Male vs PRP
I was impressed with the early final score against Central, which is a very good team. But I don't think they're Male good. I don't see PRP's defense being up to the task in this game.
-
HSSB's Game of the Week?
I felt sorry for them, it'll be a good game!
-
HSSB's Game of the Week?
The total vote isn't as close, either. I think everyone knows, before they open the thread, who the winner is.
-
Other Great Rivalries
Male-Manual, since 1893.:fight:
-
HSSB's Game of the Week?
What about #4 A & M Consolidated versus #6 Katy?! I mean, c'mon, that's a big 5A matchup! In Texas!
-
Historic Manual Stadium
Public schools in Jefferson County need all of their gate money. There's already a bowl that rotates between Manual and Male that hosted 8 teams this year, and I'm sure a big part of that was your first suggestion.