Everything posted by sportsfan41
-
1st Call for next Winter Storm
I'd be OK with that as well but it's likely wishful thinking.
-
1st Call for next Winter Storm
I went ahead and shoveled my driveway today, anticipating that the next storm could add another few inches to what we got today.
-
2025 NASCAR Cup Series
I've never been to a Nascar race. I think I'd be game for going to one in late winter or early spring as a 3 day trip somewhere warm. Seems like it would be a good time.
-
2025 NASCAR Cup Series
I wonder if you could still bet on him to win coming out of that last caution. Because the way that played out was WILD.
-
2025 NASCAR Cup Series
Wow, just as I was posting it's go time, there was the big wreck.
-
2025 NASCAR Cup Series
It's go time.
-
2025 NASCAR Cup Series
Well, we knew that wreck was coming. Should set up a wild finish.
-
2025 NASCAR Cup Series
Yup that sounds about right. I went to the gym because I figured it wouldn't be finishing up until close to 8 tonight.
-
2025 NASCAR Cup Series
I was really confused why they acted like the first rain delay was going to be brief and then they'd be fine after that. The radar for Daytona clearly showed rain likely until at least 6 pm. How many laps are left in the race?
-
Texas 82 Kentucky 78
The last 3 minutes? They went over 5 minutes without a basket in the middle of the second half. Perry is doing as best he can but he's not up to speed and not a true point guard. It's hard to win SEC road games. It's extremely hard to win them without your starting point guard, your back up point guard and your second leading scorer. It is what it is, UK will take their lumps until they get healthy and that may not happen in time.
-
Violent fights at Doss HS
Across the Midwest the opiate epidemic certainly plays a part in it. But so does simply being irresponsible and a bad parent. I remember once upon a time I was shocked to see people making the same "young and dumb" mistakes that I associated with people in their late teens and twenties. After a while I started to realize that some people just never grow up, never mature and never want to be a productive member in society. And far too often, those same people have kids and sadly, they often have multiple kids. I've been told by many parents that their kids are better off without them but I think that's because they also don't see what not being around is truly doing to their kids.
-
Violent fights at Doss HS
I've long said that you should have to take an aptitude test before you can have kids and I'm kidding less and less each time I say it. Way too many kids growing up with grandma or grandpa taking on the role of Mom and Dad and those are the lucky ones. Also a lot of parent relying on the police and or school systems to parent their children, it's pathetic.
-
Violent fights at Doss HS
I don't think anything has changed in that regard.
-
Violent fights at Doss HS
KY is extremely soft on juveniles. Unless they're a proven threat to their guardians/families they live with, they're not getting locked up. Ohio has a law on the books that, I had recently heard of last year, the Serious Youthful Offender. My understanding is that it's geared towards juveniles that engage in violent crime as well as organized crime, think stolen vehicles or gun shop burglaries. The state recognized that without the SYO laws, kids were actually being utilized for specific crimes because there was likely not going to be any serious consequences if they were caught.
-
Winter Weather Advisory Cincinnati/NKY
I'd say in Independence we probably got close to 3 inches last night. The surprise was that we also got about 1/10 or an inch of ice around 5 am. My car doors were frozen shut when I went to leave for work this morning.
-
Kentucky 75 Tennesse 64
Three.
-
Kentucky 75 Tennesse 64
Pope has been in the national conversation for COY since late January.
-
Kentucky 75 Tennesse 64
Very pleasantly surprised with how well Perry and Noah played tonight. I'll be honest, they're both progressing nicely and are playing better than I thought they were capable of this year.
-
Kentucky 75 Tennesse 64
I think it has to do with matchups as much as it is anything else. Kentucky struggles defensively against really athletic teams. Tennessee is good but they're not super athletic. I also think Kentucky is improving some defensively finally. It's very evident though how much better they are on defense when Butler is in the game.
-
Kentucky 80 South Carolina 57
I know South Carolina isn't good, but that was the lowest score Kentucky has held a team to all season outside of the game against Brown.
-
Kentucky at Ole Miss Predictions/Updates
This is hard to watch.
-
Kentucky at Ole Miss Predictions/Updates
Could be another ugly one. Kentucky needs a solid point guard during SEC play and Perry just isn't one.
-
Arkansas 89 Kentucky 79
He called a timeout when Kentucky went up 18-12 and I about lost it. He NEVER called timeouts when you'd expect them. I was shocked.
-
Arkansas 89 Kentucky 79
That's how I prefer it.
-
Arkansas 89 Kentucky 79
Cats by 13, no question.