Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1st Call for next Winter Storm

Featured Replies

Here's my first call for possible accumulations for this week's winter storm. 

The GEFS ensemble is showing nearly 100% chance for the entire state of Kentucky receiving accumulations greater than 1 inch.

sn10_024h-prob01.us_ov.thumb.png.f4917e8428258a175d698054fd2fde44.png

 

It shows a good chunk of Kentucky, mainly south of I-64, could receive totals greater than 4 inches. This storm could produce the largest totals for this winter.

sn10_024h-prob04.us_ov.thumb.png.c380cbba9669feff7f7a03588dfbc6a7.png

 

 

Here is my first call for possible snow accumulations.

 

kyt.png.cf7bc4f584552cd4c8c345adbf48cc82.png

Wow, winter has some punch this year. 

I went ahead and shoveled my driveway today, anticipating that the next storm could add another few inches to what we got today. 

3 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I went ahead and shoveled my driveway today, anticipating that the next storm could add another few inches to what we got today. 

I shoveled too, it was easy.

I am hoping this is the last blast of cold and snow, this time next week it is going to warm up. 

11 minutes ago, theguru said:

I shoveled too, it was easy.

I am hoping this is the last blast of cold and snow, this time next week it is going to warm up. 

I'd be OK with that as well but it's likely wishful thinking. 

I'd like a few words with that stinkin' groundhog...

  • Author

Storm severity index for Wednesday.

 

WeatherWise_2025_02_17_08_38_45.thumb.png.867ffa5beedb1a1bf844dfeb74c4190f.png

 

WSSI_website_legend(2).thumb.png.f755cb471bed88df9f0ba7f5c229c7e5.png

7 hours ago, Bluto said:

I'd like a few words with that stinkin' groundhog...

Six. More. Weeks.

tantrums-freaking-out.gif

  • Author

KYZ050-058>060-068-069-079-080-083-104-106>109-111-112-114-171715-
/O.NEW.KJKL.WS.A.0004.250219T0000Z-250220T1200Z/
Montgomery-Estill-Powell-Menifee-Rockcastle-Jackson-Pulaski-
Laurel-Wayne-Elliott-Morgan-Johnson-Wolfe-Magoffin-Lee-Breathitt-
Owsley-
Including the cities of Ravenna, Campton, Beattyville, Irvine,
Clay City, Jeffersonville, Monticello, Frenchburg, Burnside,
Camargo, Stanton, Booneville, Jackson, Mount Sterling,
Paintsville, Salyersville, Mount Vernon, Sandy Hook, McKee,
Annville, London, West Liberty, Somerset, and Brodhead
412 AM EST Mon Feb 17 2025

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY EVENING THROUGH
THURSDAY MORNING...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations between 2 and
5 inches possible.

* WHERE...Portions of east central, northeast, south central, and
southeast Kentucky.

* WHEN...From Tuesday evening through Thursday morning.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the Wednesday morning and evening commutes.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.

  • Author

Here's my second call for possible snow accumulations

kym.png.ca28c5e20a26e1d3c84cf58be5626eb1.png

43 minutes ago, nWo said:

Here's my second call for possible snow accumulations

kym.png.ca28c5e20a26e1d3c84cf58be5626eb1.png

Not as much moisture as they originally thought? Or just a different set up?

  • Author
18 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Not as much moisture as they originally thought? Or just a different set up?

Just the models getting a better read on the conditions. Also, the track as of now is for the low to move eastward of the coast and not make such a sharp turn up the east coast. There is still time for that sharp turn to happen. 

  • Author

Slides from the conference call I just finished.

Untitled.thumb.png.fa26a524685e0190edd7b09561a9a727.png

 

a.thumb.png.03fbc594b91380f3f5dfb9881db63241.png

 

s.thumb.png.9eb6aec264b9df0cecb895b11972b3ea.png

  • Author

This will be my final call before Kentucky is hit by the winter storm. Because the upper level low over the upper mid-west apparently will not phase entirely with the surface low over Texas, this storm will lose some of its strength as it passes through the state. But, if it does happen we could see higher totals. 

 

m.png.3b0e9ef28bdc17e5eaa6e2c805eb6863.png

  • Author

24 hour snowfall totals that from nws.gov

t.png.53a46ae873fbcd1f5c1c6e6f3635922e.png

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.