Everything posted by jahearme
-
Evan Hampton 2025 KY Gatorade Player of the Year
Congratulations to Evan. Well deserved. https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/poy/assets/writable/102257/2026_FB_EHampton.pdf
-
Jake Feldhaus (Madison Central '26) Recruiting
Does anyone know if he plans on playing golf any longer?
-
Evan Hampton (Owensboro '26) Recruiting
Kid is a total stud. Comes from some serious athletic genes!
-
Open Job: Bourbon County
Coach Watson didn’t coach last year. Derek Robinson was the girls coach.
-
BGP Question of the Day: Worst bourbons?
The bourbon that Mark Stoops has bought into is pretty gross. Think it’s calls W.M. Tarr.
-
BGP Question of the Day: Worst bourbons?
Technically Kessler is not a bourbon. It’s a blended whisky.
-
North Oldham 69 South Oldham 52
Congratulations to Coach Levitch and the Mustangs!
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
No travesty at all when it’s the 40th turn and they host it at a 40th school.
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
Someone correct me if I’m wrong. Capacity numbers done by a fire marshal not only county seats, but standing room as well. I ask this because I know GRC’s gym actually has fewer seats than Montgomery County’s gym, but the capacity is much larger because of the standing room. Maybe I’ve been misinformed.
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
So Holmes is giving up their gym/their electricity/custodial staff for nothing?
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
Those numbers are paid attendees. It doesn’t take into consideration the pass list, bands, cheerleaders, support staff, concession workers, etc. I can promise you there were more than 2,500 people in the gym for the Finals at GRC in 2020.
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
Agree with the bold statement 1000%. It’s always been that way. Seems as if folks in that area are embarrassed to be from Kentucky.
-
Open Job: Frankfort
I know he applied for a position that was just filled this past week.
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
I predict it’s a 4-0 vote.
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
I’d love to see a picture from the semifinals and final from 2020 at GRC as well.
-
Michael Caba hired at Montgomery County
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
I went every night that year and I live in the 40th district. We shall see, friend. I think the fact that it’s being held out of region will really tick off some of the traditionalists and they’ll “protest.”
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
And you’re probably right, it would be big enough because no one would go!
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
The “public record” numbers are for the number of tickets sold, right?
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
Quarter-finals, yes. Semi-finals, doubtful. Finals, no chance.
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
And teams get a travel stipend during the regional tournament for 1 bus.
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
I’ve awoken today with a new attitude on this. If the 37th district AD’s want to have the regional tournament at Holmes in March, I say do it. I would never wish ill will on anyone when it comes to high school athletics, but I’m afraid many of us will be able to say, “told you so” in late March. My concern will then turn to the small schools in the region that will struggle to fund their non-revenue teams during the 2022-23 school year. Good luck to those involved.
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
I’m sure Mason County takes a cut from the ticket sales. @sumoroyalmight be able to help with the costs of game personnel. However, when you have more people walking through the door that cut becomes pocket change. The crowds are not going to be as big at Holmes as they are at Mason Co/Montgomery Co/GRC. That’s the concern I have for the schools in the Region.
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
They’re the ones that have to operate it and pay for everything. I’m guessing Holmes isn’t giving their facility up for free/providing security for free/providing game workers (ticket takers, bookkeeper/PA, etc.) for free. Yes, all of that comes from ticket sales, but their profit is going to be minimal in my opinion if it’s held at Holmes.
-
10th Region Tournament at Holmes?
The only people that “vote” are the 4 Athletic Directors of the 37th district. There have been lots of behind the scene discussions prior to this past Wednesday’s meeting. This didn’t just come out of the blue. I’m guessing they have 3 Yes votes.