Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TubbyCAT

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TubbyCAT

  1. If anyone has any news on Coach Persinger and can share it I know many on here would appreciate hearing some type of update regarding the new boys coach @ Bracken County. I hope all is going well!
  2. I actually gave out pertinent information, more than what was posted before, plus I gave out the info I was given. I was told as of now these two guys were the leading guys and this was from someone at the school. The process is still early, but they want to get it done very soon. Also was told the Henry Co. girls assistant could be putting in for it, Bruce Blanton! That was the only actual name I have heard and that was pure speculation! Of the two assistants one is an assistant from a school in Louisville and the other is from a school in Western KY!
  3. Hate to hear Coach Kues will not be back, regardless of the reason. This man can flat-out coach the game of basketball! I would love to know what these so called issues are w/Coach Kues! I have nothing but the utmost respect for this man!
  4. I have heard two current assistants at other schools might be the leading candidates for this position!
  5. So is this a political situation w/the coach?
  6. Do not not know what you mean by not wanting to go there? I have heard these rumors and was curious to how true they are. I am not trying to start anything, just checking things out!
  7. I think you have to put in for a position to be considered and I seriously doubt this Coach Miles put in for the Augusta job. This job was not even posted , this was done internally from what I hear. Great hire!
  8. I would say not. Wander if ole Lex Turner comes out of retirement to help his old school out?
  9. I have heard some rumors that St. Patrick's enrollment is going to dramatically drop next school year. Anyone w/Saints ties or from the area know anything about this?
  10. Our family certainly will. Best of luck Coach Persinger and family!
  11. Very interesting read to say the least. What a debate guys, sorry I missed this one!!!
  12. How is Coach Persinger doing, any word from anyone? I wish him the best, your health is nothing to play around with. As I am totally not surprised one bit that Chad got the coaching job, I think I even said he was gonna get it! I do wish him the best of luck w/the new position and w/his health concerns!!!
  13. What's up guys? You just gotta love BEARFACTS! Good to be back around the internet. I will have more on this hire/move later, but after much thought: I think this move is an awesome move for Augusta, Coach Hinson, and Coach Kelsch! Way to go AHS!!!!
  14. Supposed to be @ the end of the week (Thursday or Friday) and that came from the mouth of one if the coaches getting an interview!
  15. Amen to that statement!! Obviously a coach cannot control the injury bug. I honestly, think there may have been a couple of more injuries, but those two were big ones most certainly! :thumb:
  16. How is it strange? What I mean is that at some level, NAIA, D-III, whatever it is. If a kid wants to play, has some skill set, and is willing to go somewhere then they can find a home to play basketball. It is not for everyone and there has to be some skill involved. I know of many kids, who found places to play after HS, because they wanted to play, had some skill set, and wanted a college education. I know of a young lady, played juco in Alabama for 2 seasons, then 2 years at a a high end NAIA school, got her degree, makes a good life for herself now, and got to continue to play basketball after HS. Mainly because she was willing to move and relocate. She was not heavily recruited out of HS, but her, her dad, and uncle got the word out she wanted to play and she played. They did a great deal of work and it paid off! That is just one example, not saying it is easy, but it can be done! You just have to look for that home and be willing to do some work!
  17. The thing about playing @ the next level, if you want to play, there is a school out there at some level that will be willing to take you! I hear interviews could start as early as Thursday, but it is looking like Friday!
  18. I think that is SPOT on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. I could not agree more with this statement anymore! Coaching girls is not easy, much tougher then boys. The thing is if those young ladies have the passion! Many play just to play and not because they LOVE the game or have a PASSION to play!
  20. Honestly, I was wandering the same thing because I had been told the hire would be soon. Put in a call and was told this: Persinger is still the favorite, but is not a shoe-in for the position! The funny thing about all of this is the debate on Hinson or Persinger, I heard that Coach Hinson was NOT one of the 5 to get an interview! They were set to make an announcement last week and then something changed, was not told what! Applications were sent to the HS from the Board of Education this week. The applicants were narrowed down to 5 possible candidates and those 5 will be interviewed sometime in the upcoming week. That is the info I was given this morning! As for who is the better shooter/player, that is all done in fun!
  21. As you can clearly see, I said that I heard that the position had been done away with. Never once said it had been done away with. Glad to hear he has the coaching position, thought he did a nice job. Why so much interest in the Bracken County job if he has a job at St. Patrick and is happy there? Is it the lure to coach at his alma mater?
  22. Robin Kelsch is AUGUSTA, no doubt about that! He truly bleeds ORANGE & BLACK!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.