Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching Changes

Featured Replies

Who is retiring, leaving, or being asked to leave?

  • Replies 100
  • Views 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor has it:

1.Heard John High was interested in coming back to the mountains, maybe at Knott Central? Don't know for sure, but that is the talk!

2. Also, Perry Central's Randy Napier is being talked to about coming west about an hour.

3. Coach Melton at Cordia will probably be hanging up the whistle after this year too.

4. Coach Fannin at Hazard I believe may be retiring.

5. Coach Jones at Powell I believe will be stepping down as well.

These are just the changes that people are talking about around the region. I'm sure the final decisions haven't been made yet and may take a little while, people always change their minds when it comes to these things.

As usual it will likely be another year of mass exodus of girls coaches. There is a variety of reasons but many times I have seen the administration not support coaches of girls teams like they support coaches of boys teams. Normally I think about 25% or so girls coaches get out after each season.

Reliable sources tell me that Powell's Coach Jones will go at least another year.

Coach Von Perry of West Carter I believe is retiring.

  • Author

Anynew developments as of yet?

Rumor has it:

1.Heard John High was interested in coming back to the mountains, maybe at Knott Central? Don't know for sure, but that is the talk!

2. Also, Perry Central's Randy Napier is being talked to about coming west about an hour.

3. Coach Melton at Cordia will probably be hanging up the whistle after this year too.

4. Coach Fannin at Hazard I believe may be retiring.

5. Coach Jones at Powell I believe will be stepping down as well.

These are just the changes that people are talking about around the region. I'm sure the final decisions haven't been made yet and may take a little while, people always change their minds when it comes to these things.

 

I seriously doubt #1 will happen.

I seriously doubt #1 will happen.

 

If you seriously doubt it, why was he being escorted around the facility during the ball game the other night by the Super Intendant? It's not like it was his first trip inside the place.

I heard that Roy Bowling at North Laurel was retiring, who will be the top candate for the job?

I heard that Roy Bowling at North Laurel was retiring, who will be the top candate for the job?

 

Randy Napier, from Perry Central is first on their list, as stated above. He would do a nice job and bring his nice resume to London, along with all his District and Region Titles, and his 600+ wins.

Is'nt he ready to retire

If you seriously doubt it, why was he being escorted around the facility during the ball game the other night by the Super Intendant? It's not like it was his first trip inside the place.

 

I have no idea. In my own personal opinion (which is what this website is for) I don't see him going back into coaching.

I heard there was a young assistant from Whitley Co. That was in the running.

Only time will tell! I'm sure a lot of the rumors will become reality as soon as these tourneys get over with and everyone needs something else to do.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.