Everything posted by Tubby's Best Friend
-
Greenup Co 45 Russell 31
If officials called hand checks your boy Kasey wouldn't last long. Every year hand checks are a point of emphasis, and most games in the 16th are rugby matches. Against Raceland's press Kasey consistently got open by putting his forearm in the chest of the Raceland defender and pushing off. I guess that's a good basketball play too, and a hand check is a foul? Come on Blue!!!! :thumb: You know I love ya!!!
-
Top teams in your region
Greenup is not the 2nd best team in the 16th if you really and honestly believe that you are insane.
-
3 out of the 4 schools in the All A semi-finals are private schools, should...
125 schools participate in the All A. Only 36 of them are private schools. And if you removed the 6th & 7th Regions where 8 of the 11 schools are private the percentage would be higher. So I think the answer is somewhere else as for why private schools dominate the All A.
-
Brossart vs Barbourville - Live On The Web
Brossart 24-7. Halftime.
-
Brossart vs Barbourville - Live On The Web
Brossart 15-2.
-
Greenup Co 45 Russell 31
Heard he finished with 7.
-
Greenup Co 45 Russell 31
How will this effect the Cubster weekly poll?
-
Morgan/Lewis 2-03-06Thoughts and/or predictions
Will they fill it for the Raceland-Morgan girls prelim to the boys game?
-
16th Regions Oldest Gymnasiums
He had a good view of it. But so did I since I had a folding chair just out of bounds on the other end.
-
16th Regions Oldest Gymnasiums
Don't know where Frenchburg is? You surely didnt miss OJ and the boys against Raceland in 2003 at Menifee? If you did you missed maybe the nastiest high school dunk these parts had seen in many a moon. Bill caught one in mid-air off a missed shot and flushed it down. I was pertty sure you were there.
-
16th Regions Oldest Gymnasiums
When RickyP and TBF used to battle in the OJ days, I always tried to get him to meet at the Hitchin Post in Frenchburg and he always wanted to go to some high dollar joint that I couldn't afford.
-
16th Regions Oldest Gymnasiums
Not my rule, old pal. Worked myself into a lather last season over it, as you know. Fastbreak always seems to think I have some underlying motives. :eek:
-
16th Regions Oldest Gymnasiums
I was talking to a good buddy and the topic of Raceland new gym "The Palace" came up. In the process we think we have determined that a couple prominent schools inside the region have the 2 oldest gyms. I'll let the posters take some guesses.
-
16th Region Poll 1/29/06
I wouldn't expect him to tune in for Tub, but for Cub I can't imagine he would miss it.
-
16th Region Poll 1/29/06
Some friends and I were talking earlier in the season that it would be cool to host a local radio sports show. WUGO in Grayson does a great job featuring the Carter Co. Schools sports with a local show with guest coaches. Our show would be region wide and would bring attention to all our local players. I wonder what kind of listenership we would get?
-
16th Region Poll 1/29/06
Fairview, if you look doesnt have a 14 point loss to a bottom half team. Nor have they lost by 30. Fairview's only down you show with these games is the overtime win over Menifee. Elliott's January is a roller coaster ride. Fairview has 2 single digit losses to top 5 teams on the road.
-
16th Region Poll 1/29/06
Not to take up for Cub, BUT, lets look at Janurary for Elliott. Jan 3, '06 East Carter 47 - 43 (W) Jan 4, '06 Allen Central 68 - 63 (W) Jan 6, '06 Rowan County 58 - 74 (L) Jan 9, '06 Fleming County 64 - 57 (W) Jan 10, '06 Menifee County 66 - 58 (W) Jan 13, '06 Lewis County 82 - 71 (W) Jan 16, '06 Rose Hill 90 - 81 (W) Jan 17, '06 West Carter 65 - 53 (W) Jan 21, '06 Fairview 48 - 78 (L) Jan 24, '06 Morgan County 67 - 65 (W) Jan 30, '06 Fairview 86 - 82 (W) 4 point win over 8-13 East Carter 5 point win over 3-15 Allen Central 16 point loss to 8-9 Rowan Co. 7 point win over 7-11 Fleming Co. 8 point win over 2-15 Menifee Co. ETC. ETC. Plus you can look only to Jan 21 and Jan 30 to show that the Dow Jones moniker is accurate. Fairview by 30 on the 21st and Elliott by 4 on the 30th. Those games are only 9 days apart, talk about a Bull or Bear Market.
-
Should there be no district tournaments?
I dont seem to understand were you are going. Right now we have more than 256. IF you do what I propose and have only region tourneys, it doesnt matter if you have more or less than 256. 256 is perfect to have 16, 16 team regions. But either way above or below 256 is a simple adjustment for a region tourney. Below 16 you have some byes. Above 16 you have some play-in games. It's not that complicated.
-
16th Region Poll 1/29/06
I just feel like Bath's wins are a nudge better than Rose Hill's. The win over Elliott carries a little weight for the Wildcats. The tougher call for me was to rank Menifee over Rose Hill. The Cats only have 2 wins. But they would have several wins had they played David, Riverside and Piarist. The Wildcats (Menifee) have been snake bitten in several games with some of the better teams in the region. Like I said it is TIGHT.
-
Should there be no district tournaments?
I dont see what is difficult with an overall region tourney, you dont have to have 16 teams or less or 15. Several regions are already 16 teams and that is pretty simple to have a 16 team tourney. In the other regions you have a few play-in games to set the 16 team tourney. All of the teams play district play and region play in a 2 week span now. In fact it would be easier to play the overall region because you eliminate the useless district title games. All of those teams advance now. Consequently there would be less games in a single tourney format than the current layout.
-
16th Region Poll 1/29/06
1. Cougars 2. Eagles 3. Devils 4. Lions (Boyd) 5. Lions (Elliott) 6. Tomcats 7. Ramblers 8. Musketeers 9. Vikings 10. Raiders 11. Comets 12. Panthers 13. Wildcats (Bath) 14. Wildcats (Menifee) 15. Royals 16. Lions (Lewis) May be the closest Cub and I have ever been. Better check my temperature. Really difficult to rate the region. May be the tightest ever. #2 Fairview needs 3 clutch free throws to get to overtime vs. #14 Menifee. Then beats #5 by 30!!!!
-
Should there be no district tournaments?
I agree in some of the bigger regions, the scheduling to play all the teams would hurt. In the 16th there are only 16 teams which leaves you 9 games to play outside comp., plus when you add a couple tournaments where you can play multiple games and count it as 1 game it is pretty flexible. But the best for seeding would be a coaches meeting and lay them out like the NCAA.
-
Should there be no district tournaments?
District tourney's are so pressure packed and critical that you get the opportunity to LOSE in the post season and still win a regional title. In 2003 in the 64th District Ashland was the champion, only to lose in the region final to Rose Hill. You think those young men remember that grand District Title? Ashland's billionth District Title. Or the Region Runner-Up? I remember it well! I just hope there isnt any Rose Hill fans around when I'm telling my grandkids how I won the district title and two weeks later watched the team I beat, play at Rupp.
-
Should there be no district tournaments?
What is dumb about this idea? I can certainly understand people disagreeing with the prospect, but dumb? I bet you are a creative thinking individual, just like the guy whom invented the square wheel. I guess for teams that never make the regional tourney, the district is a big deal. Nothing against district tourneys, I enjoy cutting down the nets as much as the next guy. But for a lot of teams, the regional is the meat and potatoes and the district is just a formality. Heck, a lot of schools dont even bother to cut down the nets in the district. In my district the 63rd, my school went 28 years between district titles, it was a pretty big deal when they won it. But for the powerhouses in the district it frankly didnt mean a whole lot. It would make region play that more exciting and certainly should draw interests all around for the middle seeded games. Dont look now but there are 10 other dummies like me that think it might be a viable option over all the bickering over district seeding. Eagle8: I agree that adults should be able to rate their own region without a lot of bickering, but I hesitate. It seems as though in Ohio the open meeting method does work from what I am told. Even on the borderline decisions it usually works out for the most part to the coaches liking. The tough calls are usually in the middle and those teams usually play each other so they get to prove it on the court in the tourney.
-
64th District Draw Results
The Palace was made available and it was seriously discussed. My sources say Ashland had all their ducks in a row to force it to Boyd.