Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th Regions Oldest Gymnasiums

Featured Replies

I was talking to a good buddy and the topic of Raceland new gym "The Palace" came up.

 

In the process we think we have determined that a couple prominent schools inside the region have the 2 oldest gyms.

 

I'll let the posters take some guesses.

Ashland and Russell

I know that Ashland's gym is around 44 years old. If I'm not mistaken the first year of Paul G. Blazer High School was 1962.

Greenup, Rose HIll, Raceland, Lewis, East, West, Bath, Elliott, Fairview, were all built after Russell and Ashland's gyms. I'm not sure about Menifee, Rowan, Morgan, or Fleming.

Greenup, Rose HIll, Raceland, Lewis, East, West, Bath, Elliott, Fairview, were all built after Russell and Ashland's gyms. I'm not sure about Menifee, Rowan, Morgan, or Fleming.
Rowan is newer... :thumb:

 

 

And man, is that Palace awesome or what? :eek: :eek: :eek:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(I thought Tubby might be looking for something like that... :D )

Rowan is newer... :thumb:

 

 

And man, is that Palace awesome or what? :eek: :eek: :eek:

 

)

 

 

 

If only you could eat and drink while at your seat. :p:p

Menifee's is newer. It's 10-15 yrs old.

Morgans opened up in 89.

I believe my initial answer is correct.

I believe my initial answer is correct.
You realize that the prize for correctly answering this question is a "Lunch Date with TBF" don't you?
You realize that the prize for correctly answering this question is a "Lunch Date with TBF" don't you?

 

 

Only stipulation is that you can't eat at "The Palace" because you can't eat inside the gym. :p :lol:

You realize that the prize for correctly answering this question is a "Lunch Date with TBF" don't you?

 

What's the punishment for being wrong? :scared:

Thanks to some insider info, I already knew the answer. Naturally, being the kind hearted lady that I am, I thought I'd let others take their shot first...

 

Frances

  • Author
If only you could eat and drink while at your seat. :p:p

 

 

Not my rule, old pal. Worked myself into a lather last season over it, as you know.

 

Fastbreak always seems to think I have some underlying motives. :eek:

  • Author
You realize that the prize for correctly answering this question is a "Lunch Date with TBF" don't you?

 

 

When RickyP and TBF used to battle in the OJ days, I always tried to get him to meet at the Hitchin Post in Frenchburg and he always wanted to go to some high dollar joint that I couldn't afford.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.