Everything posted by phenom
-
The Kirk Herbstreit Challenge
I can't wait for the Nease/Plant game Plant's team is one of my favorite teams I've ever watched. Also, Marve is 15 completions, 220 yards, and 2 touchdowns from breaking the single season state mark in each category.
-
The Kirk Herbstreit Challenge
The Lakeland/STA game was unbelievable. 35 points in the fourth quarter, including 21 in under 2 minutes. That was just unreal. I'm still trying to figure out what happened to Lakelands defense? Oh well, big John Brown got a stop at the six inch line to save the game.
-
The Best Ky. Mr. Basketball?
If you were judging on pro career's you're right, the King can't hold a candle to these guys. This, however, is an award given to a High School player, and the King was a great high school player (not saying the others weren't) and can't be excluded based on what he didn't do at higher levels.
-
The Best Ky. Mr. Basketball?
The best in my short memory is JR VanHoose. He was the best High School Basketball player I have seen from this state.
-
Who makes Ky All Star Team? /MY PICKS
I would expect Cedric Ware has a good chance to make it, if J-town's coach has a say. Leroy Nobles might be a name to watch. I haven't seen him play, and he doesn't get much mention on here, but I've heard good things from him.
-
Tennis 2006???
You hate to hear that. I can't even imagine that feeling.
-
Iroquois 58 Montgomery County 44
She will be something special. If she continues growing (which is very likely) she'll be a tough matchup. Great season girls! Maybe we'll do it again next year?
-
Montgomery County 33 Boone County 26
Good win for the Indians. Hope they can come back and do it again.
-
What are some of the best High School individual performances that you have seen?
Billy Ray Fawns against Mason Co. in the 1995 regional final. WOW! VanHoose against LexCath in 1996 State Semis. Barbour's 43 against Russelville in the state semis. Off the top of my head those are the 3 best I can think of.
-
Mr. Basketball ?
Anyone who says Allen is the best senior in the state hasn't made it to many games. He isn't the best player on his team (Proffit). He wasn't the best senior in the state tournament (Crutcher and Slaughter). He had a very poor state tournament this year, as a senior. He is a very solid all around player but in no way is the best senior in the state. 1. Slaughter 2. Crutcher
-
Shelby County 71 Christian County 65
How many blocks did Wade have? I wouldn't be suprised if he hit double figures. Shelby was my pick to win it, but seeing that no one other than Slaughter can hit free throws consistently I'm pretty scared.
-
Who was the last Ky. player to be a McDonald's Al American?
That works. I feel saw both of them play H.S. bball for a KY high school, and I feel we need to take what we can get.
-
Montgomery Co. 51 Bishop Brossart 32
Indians led 9-2 after 1 and 21-14 at the half. In the first minute and a half of the second half they went on a 7-0 run and eventually pulled ahead 30-14. Danis had 9 of the Indians first 11 second half points, and led the way with 17. She was named Tournament MVP.
-
Mason County Hosting the Region???
I have talked to some of our players, and they have told me they can't stand playing at the fieldhouse.
-
Mason County Hosting the Region???
Very possible. Just because goals are 10 feet doesn't mean they have the exact same bounce and roll. Maybe Clark Co. hits a couple more free throws at home?
-
Who was the last Ky. player to be a McDonald's Al American?
Ok...I do. I'm not sure what you're implying?
-
Who was the last Ky. player to be a McDonald's Al American?
I still claim Rondo though.
-
Who was the last Ky. player to be a McDonald's Al American?
Carlos Hurt-Louisville Moore, I think 2002.
-
Montgomer/Brossart predictions
The Indians should win this one simply because they are too deep for the whole team to have an off night (at least I hope so).
-
Mason County Hosting the Region???
Who should we be trying to make this fair for? For the budgets of schools involved? For the fans? For all of those who are on here selfishly complaining about what is best for us (myself included)? How about for the players? That's who it's all about.
-
Mason County Hosting the Region???
Very True!
-
Mason County Hosting the Region???
I would gladly take my turn at one year in Montgomery Co., and then having to travel one year to NKU, How bout you GS?
-
Montgomery Co. 53 Mason Co. 49
Honostly I wasn't really impressed with her. She is a solid player, but seemed to get pretty frustrated, even though the calls all seemed to go her way? I've watched her play 3 times over the past 2 years, and can tell she is solid, but she just doesn't seem to be great. She might not even start on Montgomery Co.
-
What BGP's Members will be at Rupp
I'll be there. I'll also be avoiding the bar area.
-
Bishop Brossart 43 Paris 40
Brossart seemed to control most of the game. They almost let it slip away. Paris hit 3 big 3's including an NBA range one to make it close. They had a 3 to tie it with about 5 seconds left, and airballed it out of bounds. On the inbounds a bad pass was thrown, and Paris had to opportunity to rush up a 3 at the buzzer which caught the front of the rim.